DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 21, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #6,661 of 22,021
Th

Thanks! So other than the most recent firmware from Ibasso, is there any firmware that gives a cleaner sound presentation? I only know of Lurker0... semi newbie here...
@WindowsX has a freeware mod that has slight upgrades as well as a paid version with much more noticeable improvements and with various configurations and customization options. All come with Google Play as well.

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #6,662 of 22,021
Well I've finally caved. I placed my order for the DX200 minutes ago direct from iBasso. I am currently reading through this thread since last visiting almost over a year ago. Lots has transpired since that time of prerelease hype. By page 305 I couldn't take it anymore and went into Must Buy Mode. I'll continue reading the remaining 140+ pages of posts while waiting for delivery. But I do have a few questions....

- Realizing there is no Google Play Store aside from using custom ROM such as WindowsX I want to side load Neutron (buy APK separately) and need specific instructions to do so. (I'm technologically deficient)
- I also want to listen to podcasts and use Pocket Casts app across many devices. Can this be side loaded onto DX200? Anyone else using a dedicated podcast app?

I love and swear by IEMs for portable listening. My current stock of Westone 3/4 and FLC8S have been great over the last many years with a variety of low/mid range DAPs. Since this DX200 is my first foray into "higher end" I'm wondering if there are some other earphones to consider to pair with this source. Main music is rock (QotSA, U2, Tool), pop (Dido, XX, London Grammar), trance (Sunlounger) and lots of indie/eclectic stuff.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to the new listening experience and thanks in advance for feedback.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #6,663 of 22,021
Well I've finally caved. I placed my order for the DX200 minutes ago direct from iBasso. I am currently reading through this thread since last visiting almost over a year ago. Lots has transpired since that time of prerelease hype. By page 305 I couldn't take it anymore and went into Must Buy Mode. I'll continue reading the remaining 140+ pages of posts while waiting for delivery. But I do have a few questions....

- Realizing there is no Google Play Store aside from using custom ROM such as WindowsX I want to side load Neutron (buy APK separately) and need specific instructions to do so. (I'm technologically deficient)
- I also want to listen to podcasts and use Pocket Casts app across many devices. Can this be side loaded onto DX200? Anyone else using a dedicated podcast app?

I love and swear by IEMs for portable listening. My current stock of Westone 3/4 and FLC8S have been great over the last many years with a variety of low/mid range DAPs. Since this DX200 is my first foray into "higher end" I'm wondering if there are some other earphones to consider to pair with this source. Main music is rock (QotSA, U2, Tool), pop (Dido, XX, London Grammar), trance (Sunlounger) and lots of indie/eclectic stuff.

Needless to say I'm looking forward to the new listening experience and thanks in advance for feedback.

I recommend you using custom rom for google play store access. It is really much easier.

Back there when I was using the stock rom (still no custom rom that time) I need to email to neutron and buy apk paid by paypal. and need to find out how I verify with my email account which bonds to my purchase. I have done hard way and I promise I won't do that again.

Custom rom is the best way to enjoy android capability of application fully.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #6,664 of 22,021
I don't have another USB-C cable on hand, but adjusting the original one seemed to fix the issue. Looks like the factory iBasso USB cable is faulty...
Mine, after a few uses, failed to connect but it charges. I bought a new cable and voila, everything works again.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #6,665 of 22,021

The FLC8S with red-grey-green filters are a marvellous combination with the DX200. I have tried SE535Red and SE846 and both are really good, but overall I prefer the FLC8S.

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #6,666 of 22,021

You need to do upgrade one step at a time, regarding your inquiry about higher end iems. Once you get your new source (dx200), use it with your current iems, compare it to your current pioneer dap, note the improvements you hear and the improvements you wish to hear. Then figure out your upgrade budget. I can recommend you at least a few dozen of iem upgrades based on Westone and flcs you have now, and others will suggest to you their own personal favorite iems, that's how recommendations usually work :wink:

So my advice, change one variable at a time, otherwise it will get overwhelming :)

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #6,667 of 22,021
Received the AMP2 today. I must say, it solves many complaints I had with AMP1 at the cost of a little soundstage(BAL on AMP1). Does burn in affect AMPs or is it for the DAC part of the DAP?

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #6,668 of 22,021
Received the AMP2 today. I must say, it solves many complaints I had with AMP1 at the cost of a little soundstage(BAL on AMP1). Does burn in affect AMPs or is it for the DAC part of the DAP?

Burn in affects capacitors the most, and I'm pretty sure amp modules have plenty of filtering caps. So yeah, give it a good burn in.

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #6,672 of 22,021
You need to do upgrade one step at a time, regarding your inquiry about higher end iems. Once you get your new source (dx200), use it with your current iems, compare it to your current pioneer dap, note the improvements you hear and the improvements you wish to hear. Then figure out your upgrade budget. I can recommend you at least a few dozen of iem upgrades based on Westone and flcs you have now, and others will suggest to you their own personal favorite iems, that's how recommendations usually work :wink:

So my advice, change one variable at a time, otherwise it will get overwhelming :)
I fully agree with Twister. My advice was that, as an owner of the FLC8S, the configuration I recommend is red-grey-green. Try this after getting used to the DX200. After that Twister and more folks from the forum will recommend you alternatives, my own experience with IEMs were those three (SE535Red, SE846 and FLC8S)

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #6,673 of 22,021
Lol. I'll defo get the CB13 but wondered what the Amp3 and 4 will be like sound wise.

Aren't you from UK? If so, wait for CanJam London next month to preview it in person. iBasso making the official intro of amp3, amp4, it04, and i think their full size cans at that show. Plus, maybe you can ask for some show discount on the spot :wink: If you are not from UK or not planning to attend the CanJam, wait for impressions which should start rolling out within a month.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #6,674 of 22,021
Thanks for the info on the times we can expect some information. I actually live in Jersey, which is a small (9 x 5) mile island between England and France.

I should probably hold off on the CB13, with the IT04 coming out.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #6,675 of 22,021
Aren't you from UK? If so, wait for CanJam London next month to preview it in person. iBasso making the official intro of amp3, amp4, it04, and i think their full size cans at that show. Plus, maybe you can ask for some show discount on the spot :wink: If you are not from UK or not planning to attend the CanJam, wait for impressions which should start rolling out within a month.
Well said. Looking forward to CanJam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back