DIY Earbuds
Mar 20, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #346 of 4,721

Thanks vap bro! That helps alot! I have the same K64 white cables (which was bright and no hint of bass) and of course the Qian39. But the qian 39 is a tad pricey hence i am having a hard time deciding whether to give it the mod lol

yeah that k's cable will eat up bass response so save it for something thats too boomy.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #347 of 4,721
@vapman Sounds like something that i am looking for. Silver plated cables are really expensive on AE and TB. Anyway i saw u commented on the other thread that the Yinman was cheap hence u skipped modding the SHE3800. I dont own the Yinman to say for sure but the modded SHE3800 on the Walnut sound pretty awesome (for my untrained ears) lol.

The E808+ still sound abit laid back tho the bass is really punchy. Am contemplating switching shells but it doesnt fit into the MX500. Havent tried the horseshoe foam behind the driver though and is unsure if it will make any difference. If only i can have an additional 6hrs a day -.-

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #348 of 4,721
  @vapman Sounds like something that i am looking for. Silver plated cables are really expensive on AE and TB. Anyway i saw u commented on the other thread that the Yinman was cheap hence u skipped modding the SHE3800. I dont own the Yinman to say for sure but the modded SHE3800 on the Walnut sound pretty awesome (for my untrained ears) lol.

The E808+ still sound abit laid back tho the bass is really punchy. Am contemplating switching shells but it doesnt fit into the MX500. Havent tried the horseshoe foam behind the driver though and is unsure if it will make any difference. If only i can have an additional 6hrs a day -.-

Well i think in SG you can get a Yinman for less than trying to get one out west. But, unless you already own all the soldering gear you need, and get a prefab cable off aliexpress, its gonna be hard to beat the price of a yinman 150 for parts and stuff. But, if you have a station set up and know what kind of cable you'd like to use, a she3800 mod is certainly more economical.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #350 of 4,721
  Well i think in SG you can get a Yinman for less than trying to get one out west. But, unless you already own all the soldering gear you need, and get a prefab cable off aliexpress, its gonna be hard to beat the price of a yinman 150 for parts and stuff. But, if you have a station set up and know what kind of cable you'd like to use, a she3800 mod is certainly more economical.

T.T i just added it in my cart. Ever since it was listed on the cklewis store, i was taking note of it as it has a dope look. Gotta decide if i'm going to get it in the next few days as i am thinking of offloading those IEMs that i will probably not use again lol. Coupled that with the flattering impressions of it so far

@golov17 big bro are those rhodium plugs? If so they are really a good deal 
basshead.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #355 of 4,721

Cabled the 2nd Yuin PK2 style earbuds and i am liking this alot more as compared to the oxygen free cable this sounded less bright. Now these 2 are my favourites. The E808+ sound too laid back for my liking, and it might move up the list if i managed to find some way to fix it.

The heavily modded SHE3800 with blu-tack and cotton sounds very good, the bass is very punchy still even though i tried to control it, and it has a very "studio like" presentation which sounds really awesome. The trebles are not its forte but the mids are noticeably better than stock.

The Yuin PK2 on the other hand is bass shy, but its clarity and detailed presentation is a win, and by a very big margin. Moreover the body is small and comfortable to fall aslp with. Its not really modded, with just the noise blocking foam at the back of the shell. The cables were used for my failed E808+ (first try) and stock Benjie bud (2nd try) where i cut out the tip if the wire and strip, remove insulation and solder again.

I like both of them as they produce very different music, though both sound forward which is something i kinda like. Either way was enjoying both while listening to some classic songs and this is freaking amazing!

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #356 of 4,721

Cabled the 2nd Yuin PK2 style earbuds and i am liking this alot more as compared to the oxygen free cable this sounded less bright. Now these 2 are my favourites. The E808+ sound too laid back for my liking, and it might move up the list if i managed to find some way to fix it. 

You would'nt have a photo of the dissected she3800 - how much cotton is in there etc?

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #357 of 4,721
knudsen
Not too much, just enough to block out the 2 vents at the back. If i am not mistaken, there are 2 smaller vents below the blocked vents which i left them open as having some air to pass through will be good for bass.

No opening of shells and the tape are ptse tape as they are handy, gives better seal and a substitute to rubber rings and it cost next to nothing and i did managed to make a small crack on the driver housing lol

If anyone is wondering, the buds are sitting on Bart's approved nut.

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #359 of 4,721
Question for the Mod'ers -

I'm examining the Qian39, and I see:
1.) Black & Silver Backshell  (seems to be one piece)
2.) Black Ring  (also seems to be one piece)
3.) Silver Metal Screen (in-front of driver)

It appears that the Ring & Screen will need to be removed, allowing access to the driver, to replace / upgrade the wiring.
I've pushed and pulled a bit on the Ring, with my fingernails, and it it's not coming loose.

Since I want to be able to reassemble and use these earbuds - What's the trick / procedure for getting to the driver, without damaging the Qian39?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #360 of 4,721
\
Since I want to be able to reassemble and use these earbuds - What's the trick / procedure for getting to the driver, without damaging the Qian39?

Thanks,
David Baldock

I just popped the ring off with my finger nail like any other bud. Its a bit stiffer and dificult to remove than an mx500 style bud but i didn't need a heat gun or insane force. The black ring comes off with the grill and the driver is attached to the grill

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back