$DEFUNCT$
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Meetite

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

So I am currently considering buying a new pair of earbuds/IEMs and don't know what to get. There are numerous options out there and so many of them seem to just barely fit what I need while others not so much. I currently use a pair of RHA MA750s (no "i") with Comply foam Sport tips (the new ones) as my daily driver and absolutely love(d) them (past tense because the left audio channel crapped out on me after two years, I'm currently going through the RMA process for them, I'll probably sell the replacement pair without even opening the box). The bass is loud and punchy but not overbearing, the mids are clear and definitely there, if maybe a tiny bit recessed, and the highs are crisp and clean, though a bit sibilant at times (damn you, Hi-hats, I love you so much but you make my ears bleed sometimes).

I am looking for a solid upgrade to the MA750s for ~$200 or less (maybe $250~$275 if I sell the replaced/repaired MA750s) and really can't decide on anything.
I personally know I want a pair that go over the ear like the MA750s do (I really hate microphonics and also find this to be much more comfortable due to how the weight is supported) and preferably doesn't have an in-line remote (I don't need one and it makes the weight balance between left and right just slightly off. Though it isn't necessary that it be absent).
I definitely like a crisp, warm sound with a bit of punch (MA750s in a nutshell). E.g. electronic music with brass instruments really exemplify these characteristics in headphones. Feel it Still by Portugal. The Man and I Need a Dollar by Aloe Blacc are good examples.
Isolation is also important; I prefer not being able to hear my surroundings too much when listening to them, though a little bit of awareness is nice (NYC, so awareness is also important, but I can always take one ear out for that).

Sorry If I sound a bit demanding, I always have had trouble formulation these kinds of posts.
I mainly came here because I'm sure there are options I have missed that others in the audiophile community adore and would like to suggest. all opinions are welcomed!

Below is a list of IEMs I am currently considering in order of what appears best to me (I will continue to update this as the thread progresses)

•Future Sonics Spectrum G10
•Westone ADV Alpha
•RHA T10

Help is very greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 2
Realized I posted this in the wrong category. Moving it to help and recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back