Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #11,026 of 13,134
i got yesterday the burson conductor V2+ what a huge huge huge upgrade in sound compared to hugo, mojo . i have never ever heard the lcd2 sound as amazing as with this dac/amp

it has huge sound stage and solid tight bass, and I am really surprised as it has a sabre dac but does not anything like the sabre dacs I tried in daps, this is a huge upgrade in sound compared to anything I ever heard

Burson amps have been known to pair very well with the LCD-2. Congrats!

May 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #11,027 of 13,134
I gotta say, after living with the 2's for about 3 months, I really do love these cans! They have a certain something that I find addicting; I can just listen to the music without focusing on the sound and let it wash over me. They sounded congested at first, but now I kind of like how thick/thicc they are :3 Best purchase so far ^^

May 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #11,028 of 13,134
I gotta say, after living with the 2's for about 3 months, I really do love these cans! They have a certain something that I find addicting; I can just listen to the music without focusing on the sound and let it wash over me. They sounded congested at first, but now I kind of like how thick/thicc they are :3 Best purchase so far ^^

Is this the latest version you feel is thick sounding vs 'more balanced' impressions from owners who have owned the current vs older ones ?

May 20, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #11,030 of 13,134
Is this the latest version you feel is thick sounding vs 'more balanced' impressions from owners who have owned the current vs older ones ?
It's the newest version, purchased recently direct from Audeze. Perhaps 'full' and 'balanced' are more accurate terms to describe what I'm hearing, but coming from my previous planars, the he-400, the differences between the two is stark, and makes it sound thick by comparison, imho. I would certainly call the LCD-2 balanced and accurate.

May 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #11,031 of 13,134
Yeah that's what i feel like; not sure if i said this earlier but it's like you can forget the headphones and focus on the music.
I started listening to some metal since you guys were raving about how metal sounds through the lcd2 and... now i see the light.
Doom metal sounds so thick, so majestic on these cans. I was just sitting up late last night listening through My Dying Bride's discography on spotify. My ears felt numb by the end, lol.

May 20, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #11,032 of 13,134
I thought that too. But, I've read in one of the reviews in head fi and he thought it's not the best pair. I am just wondering what other people (who own the setup) think. Just received the lcd2 and set it up with LC balanced. It is brighter than I thought it would be. But, the imaging is great. The detail retrieval is better than my hd6xx.

May 20, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #11,033 of 13,134
May 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #11,034 of 13,134
My ears felt numb by the end, lol.

This is my only issue with the 2's lol. I have a small head, so there isn't enough caliper pressure to balance the heft of these very large heavy headphones. As a matter of fact I haven't found a single headphone I can wear for more than 30 minutes to an hour without discomfort. Only the TH-X00 come close, and only that with after market pads :/

May 23, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #11,036 of 13,134
If yours ears don't hear any differences between stock cable and aftermarket cable like Norne audio , Toxic cable... It's good for your wallet.

Are you listening with stock cable ?
Have you tried aftermarket cable with your LCD2 fazor?
Hi,

I have the Silver widow 24. And out of the box the high sounded harsh, low not clean.
So please give us yours impressions once you get your Silver poison.

i think Silver cable needs more time to burn in than Cu.

Before i also don't trust burn-in cable.

cheers
My cable just arrived :D

Build quality is rock-solid and feels premium: metal mini-XLR, braided silver wiring into a sleek, black nylon sleeved trunk. This wire feels incredibly well-made and was well worth the wait. I would go into more detail, but it's late and I want to write up my impressions of the sound.

Audeze LCD 2.2F 2015 <- Toxic Cables Silver Poison with Neutrik 4-Pin XLR Gold termination <- Cavalli Carbon 2.0 balanced out <- TEAC UD-503 <- foobar2000 <- FLAC @ 16/24 bit 44.1/96/192 and DSD 2.4Mhz

The Silver Poison blows the stock cable out of the water.

Listening to my LCDs I always felt that everything was a bit blurred; as if individual voices blended into each other. The Silver Poison adds a massive amount of air between voices thanks to lower overall noise. Imaging is an order of magnitude improved to the point where I feel like I'm finally experiencing what the LCD 2.2's are capable of. The cable doesn't change the sound profile: they still sound quite smooth and warm, but they pretty much bring the headphones up a tier.

Do they beat my Ether Flows?
No, the Flows offer much better imaging and a much cleaner sound with a "shimmery" sound profile that works rather well with the kind of music I like to listen to. Hence, I don't get much mileage out of the LCD 2's fuller bass. But then again they are a cool $800 more than LCD 2.

Congratulations to Frank, the Silver Poison is a great product and I'd recommend it to anyone with a pair of LCDs in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #11,037 of 13,134

Listening to my LCDs I always felt that everything was a bit blurred; as if individual voices blended into each other. The Silver Poison adds a massive amount of air between voices thanks to lower overall noise. Imaging is an order of magnitude improved to the point where I feel like I'm finally experiencing what the LCD 2.2's are capable of.

Are you interested in performing ABX test to see if your claims are real?

May 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #11,038 of 13,134
i won't labour on this point as these conversations have popped up once or twice on head fi but i have a norne silvergarde cable and it stands out like "the proverbial" compared the to the stock cable.

enough to put my car on it - easy!

May 23, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #11,039 of 13,134
I don't have the equipment to perform real ABX testing, and I don't have the equipment to measure distortion.

To be perfectly honest I'm considering selling my pair because the sound is not detailed enough for me. Still, I can't deny that I heard an obvious improvement. It's not subtle.

May 23, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #11,040 of 13,134
My cable just arrived :D

Build quality is rock-solid and feels premium: metal mini-XLR, braided silver wiring into a sleek, black nylon sleeved trunk. This wire feels incredibly well-made and was well worth the wait. I would go into more detail, but it's late and I want to write up my impressions of the sound.

Audeze LCD 2.2F 2015 <- Toxic Cables Silver Poison with Neutrik 4-Pin XLR Gold termination <- Cavalli Carbon 2.0 balanced out <- TEAC UD-503 <- foobar2000 <- FLAC @ 16/24 bit 44.1/96/192 and DSD 2.4Mhz

Listening to my LCDs I always felt that everything was a bit blurred; as if individual voices blended into each other. The Silver Poison adds a massive amount of air between voices thanks to lower overall noise. Imaging is an order of magnitude improved to the point where I feel like I'm finally experiencing what the LCD 2.2's are capable of. The cable doesn't change the sound profile: they still sound quite smooth and warm, but they pretty much bring the headphones up a tier.

Do they beat my Ether Flows?
No, the Flows offer much better imaging and a much cleaner sound with a "shimmery" sound profile that works rather well with the kind of music I like to listen to. Hence, I don't get much mileage out of the LCD 2's fuller bass. But then again they are a cool $800 more than LCD 2.

Congratulations to Frank, the Silver Poison is a great product and I'd recommend it to anyone with a pair of LCDs in a heartbeat.

I built my LCD-2.2F cable with Toxic's Silver Poison, and I agree, it adds an extra measure of clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back