ZuneHD...so does it sound good?
Oct 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #91 of 92

Quote:
The iPod touch 2G (I have it) is slow with iOS 4.0. I wish I hadn't upgraded, actually. 3.0 was so fast and everything ran better. If I had only used the 2G iPod touch with iOS 4.0, I would probably hate it.

FWIW shigzeo,thats apple strategy.a year ago,i had an iphone 3g and then the iphone 3gs was released along with a new OS.i upgraded my 3g to that new os and it was like i was using a windows mobile device!
it became very slow and in my book unusable.i read this problem on the net and many reported this and many also claimed apple did this so that you buy the new iphone.

i didnt upgrade my 2g touch to that new ios and will never will.the improvements are not even worth it.

wheather this was apple intention or not,i dont know but i wouldnt be surprised if they did anything so that they collect more money.

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #92 of 92
I doubt it was Apple's intention, I think they just experienced 'eyes too big for stomach'. My laptops have had upgraded OS'es about 4x and each time, the new OS ran faster on the same hardware than the old one. Apple have never made an OS run worse than the one that came before.

But, iOS 4.0 really needs the extra ram and processing power of the 3GS or 4. I have no trouble really, but my 2G is about 2x slower than it was before. But with subsequent updates, I expect Apple to get things back on track. Consider it this way: the iPod touch is the only one of its kind. There isn't a competition really. Zune isn't really in the same market - the iPod is made for everything, espeically, now, apps. So, while you can expect very nominal improvements or regressions with other companies' firmware updates, you can expect something big each time from Apple. 

This time, it simply was too big for the old device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back