Zune HD + TF10s - Would an amp help?
Sep 15, 2010 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

smachine

Head-Fier
Was just wondering if I would get any benefit on my Zune HD and TF10s with an amp like the ibasso t3? I already like the sound im getting, but was just seeing if I have been missing anything by not using an amp. There is no LOD on the zune, so I would only be able to connect an amp through hp out?

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 5
That combo already sounds very good as it is, BUT I think an amp helps settle the TF10's. I use an iBasso D4 and I feel the TF10's are more articulate and controlled with the amp. The difference is very subtle but somehow I keep hearing it. Hope this helps

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the response. I enjoy my setup alot, but I blame head-fi for making me think about upgrading components and getting amps
smile_phones.gif
. Just a few years ago, I had no idea what an iem was, and was rocking stock buds, then I upgraded to jvc marshmellows and that was the beginning of my journey. Part of the reason I have a zune hd and not something like an ipod + lod + amp is portability factor. But if my sound is already at 99% and the amp will not make a noticeable improvement then im better of staying away.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 5
I am not helping your case here at all
biggrin.gif
But what you could do is get a D4 like me so that you can use it at home as a USB DAC/Amp with your TF10's or any other cans for that matter and on special occasions (long flight, train ride etc) you could use the D4 as a portable amp for your TF10 and ZHD combo. Using it with a computer will yield a noticeable difference and it is almost worth it just because of that. Also, if you dont already have a home amp, this is a great option for you because the D4 is plenty powerful and will drive most cans with authority. I say most because you really cant expect it to fully drive something like Beyer 250 ohms, or senn 650's or akg k701's or something. 

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Meh, I had them a while back and used an amp; in the end I sold the amp because it didn't really justify the price IMO. If you can get a good volume level with your dap then I don't see a reason as to why you would need it. 100 bucks? Hell sell the Triples and get some better IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back