zu cable mobius or silver dragon
Jan 6, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #76 of 137
I use the Zu cabled HD650 with the Singlepower SDS and the combo is very good. If your worried, why not wait until you get the amp and then order one of the cables with the money back offer. If you like it keep it, if not try another one. Both the Equinox and Zu sound very good with the singlepower amp and HD650's.
BTW, there is a very good deal on a MPX3 and good tubes in the gear for sale forum. Good luck.

Jan 7, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #77 of 137
Thanks for the info about the MPX3 for sale, tom; I don't have the money for it right now so I'll have to pass.
frown.gif
Someone is going to get a really nice amp!

Also, another vote for the Zu Mobius or Equinox! Maybe I should flip a coin.
wink.gif

Any problems with the fit of those really cool looking aluminum connectors on the Zu cable? I think Tuberoller (or someone else) said they had been redesigned to fit the HD650s better....

Jan 8, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #78 of 137
Just ordered the Zu Mobius cable. Guess I couldn't resist the really cool aluminum connectors.
tongue.gif

Actually, I figured that all the people here that like the cable can't be wrong, that the 60-day return policy made the purchase a no-brainer, and, since I have a loaner prototype MPX3 to try it out with, I'll know in plenty of time whether or not the cable works with my system.

600smile.gif
(Where IS that HD650 smiley, anyway?)

Jan 8, 2004 at 1:21 PM Post #79 of 137
Ok, the way i see it:

reading all posts of the zu and the silverdragon, the zu might be best for solid state amps because mostly they are less warm sounding then tube amps. silver dragon might be a bit better for the people who have a tube amp. tube amps are mostly warmer sounding and the detail of the siver dragon will fit the bill very well.

either way, reading alot of stuff about the aftermarket cables, i think the zu and the silver dragon are the best.

about the silver dragon: i think they are working out things in progress. so, they might solve that problem as well.

Jan 8, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #80 of 137
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by OakIris
....He mentions that the Moon Audio headphone plug is loose in locking headphone jacks and that the looseness gets worse, causing a problem with static & RFI. And yet, he otherwise had nothing bad to say about the cable. Should this cable be eliminated just on the basis of the plug?....

[/size]I currently have a Silver Dragon installed, and the plug on this one isn't loose in any of the amps I've tried it with so far. The jack on the ASL Twin Head Mark II actually grips it with authority.

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #81 of 137
Quote:

reading all posts of the zu and the silverdragon, the zu might be best for solid state amps because mostly they are less warm sounding then tube amps. silver dragon might be a bit better for the people who have a tube amp.

This is one of the reasons that Tuberoller's review confused me a bit - saying at first that the Zu Mobius wasn't the best with tube amps and then saying that the Zu and the Supra - which is definitely a tube amp - made a wonderful combination and was "one of [his] favs!"

rolleyes.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #82 of 137
Ok, got my Zu Mobius today........will post some high rez photos of cable details tomorrow morning. Fit with Senn 650 is very snug
and requires firm steady pessure to fully insert, won't have to worry about this cable coming loose.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty, the Mobius blows the stock Senn 650 cable out of the water. I realize it costs a fortune but surprising had easily it surpasses stock cable in every respect.

The break in process has begun.
cool.gif

Jan 9, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #83 of 137
DarkAngel, Congrats on the arrival of your new cables. On my system, even out of the box, the first thing I noticed was everything from the upper midrange up opening up. The bass with the Zu took awhile to really get in the groove. Good at first, then a little flat and now EXCELLENT. Have fun!
BTW, my BSSR cables hit today also.(about an hour ago)

Jan 9, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #85 of 137
Iron Dreamer wrote:
Quote:

I was pondering getting a Mobius or Silver/Blue Dragon, but I now may go with the Jan Meier Oehlbach cable, since it's only $55, assuming the early adopters think the sound is still a significant improvement

Have you read any reviews of this cable? Great price....and it's 10'. The Mobius special price of $199 is only for 8'...not sure if that will reach the couch
biggrin.gif

Dino

Jan 9, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #88 of 137
DarkAngel - looking forward to your photos of the Zu Mobius! Hoping to get my cable next week....

Iron_Dreamer - Read about the Meier Oehlbach replacement cable today in a thread posted here. $55 instead of $199+ - great price, and it sure will be ironic (?) if this cable turns out to be as good as or better than the other much more expensive cables.
eek.gif

I sure hope some reviews of the Meier come out before my 60 day trial period is up with the Zu Mobius. (That's a hint, Iron_Dreamer - buy the cable and give us a review.
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 9, 2004 at 11:44 AM Post #89 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
I was pondering getting a Mobius or Silver/Blue Dragon, but I now may go with the Jan Meier Oehlbach cable, since it's only $55, assuming the early adopters think the sound is still a significant improvement.

well, that might be a good choice. however if you spend money on getting an aftermarket cable you'd better get the best. if the cable isn't up to your expectations, you will loose money to buy another "better"one. oelbach makes good cables, but i seriously don't think they make the best cables around.

so, that's why i still try to figure out wich is best for me. zu mobius or silverdragon, but i do know that of all aftermarket cables the zu and silverdragon are the best.
wink.gif
(thus far
evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back