zu cable mobius or silver dragon
Jan 3, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #47 of 137
Team Mobius.......What are your longer term impressions now?
As I wait for Zu to build and ship my Mobius (there is a week or so build time now) I was interested to hear follow-up reports from members now that you have lived with Mobius for longer period of time.

Always somewhat decieving to make inital impressions of cable with less that 200 hrs since it will always take time for cable to break in "AND" for you to adjust psychologically to new sound.

Are you still pleased, any caveats, what's the long term bottom line?
cool.gif

BTW.......Senn did put a little more effort into stock Senn 650 cable which seems to be upgrade from Senn 600 generic cable.

Jan 3, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #48 of 137
Still loving mine in the 5-6 hundred hour mark.(second one) I may have got the first one shipped out. Adam gave it to me for free for donating a stock HD600 cable to tear apart for the building of the mobius. The first one a got had different connectors on it than the one I have now.(both ends) It didn't fit the 650 only the 600's.(650's were still a few months off) The Zu cable adds some sparkle and a little more energy to the highs, keeps the sound the same in the midrange but brings it slightly more forward and cleans the bass up even more. My comparisons are to the equinox and cardas. They are stiff though. My only complaint.

Jan 3, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #49 of 137
Agree with tom. I am as positive before and really like this cable. The only problem was during the pre 100 hours burn-in phase when it temporarilly gave a warmish aura, which later resolved to accurate soundstage information (or rather hall ambience). It has been stable and only changing slowly after 100 hours.
It hasn't become more flexible and is no good moving around with, but that was no surpirse.
BTW, I paid for mine.

Jan 3, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #50 of 137
Well guys i have about 30 hours on my grado HD-650 cable and it sounds great .By everthing you guys are saying i would say it sounds most like the zu cable no way to tell for sure I have not heard the ZU.I will say this though grado cables work real well with the HD-650s.Very nice soundstage great highs not bright.
The bass is the best part of all very tight really brings it all togeather. Cable is also very easy to move around with. This upgrade was well worth it. Even if I would have to pay full price for the phones which I did not it would still be cheaper then the 200$ for other cables and I would say just as good or better.

Jan 3, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #51 of 137
Just a quick question for everyone, why are you jumping at the Zu Cables when the Silver Dragon cables from Moon Audio haven't come out yet? Not that the Zu Cables are bad or anything. It's just that, when you spend this kind of money, you hope to get the very best, and not 2nd...

Why not just wait till more reviews of both cables come out?

Jan 3, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #52 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by davidmiya
Just a quick question for everyone, why are you jumping at the Zu Cables when the Silver Dragon cables from Moon Audio haven't come out yet? Not that the Zu Cables are bad or anything. It's just that, when you spend this kind of money, you hope to get the very best, and not 2nd...

Why not just wait till more reviews of both cables come out?

Two reasons:
1)Zu has $50 off introductory pricing now.
2)Zu has 60 day trail and great service.

I doubt that there will be total ageement about "best" cable everyone has different tastes and different systems for headphones, you have to try yourself and see.
cool.gif

Jan 3, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #53 of 137
I think it's simply because the mobius is out and getting stellar reviews. Plus zu has a big whopping warranty.

Jan 4, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #54 of 137
I spent some time with the Zu Mobius and the Moon Audio Silver Dragon (among others) during the recent meet. While I thought the Silver Dragon was a great cable, I still preferred the Zu Mobius. In fact, I even preferred the HD600/Zu over the HD650/Silver Dragon (the Mobius was the older design that didn't fit in the HD650). I'm going to order my Mobius as soon as have some extra funds.

Jan 4, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #55 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by NeilPeart
I spent some time with the Zu Mobius and the Moon Audio Silver Dragon (among others) during the recent meet. While I thought the Silver Dragon was a great cable, I still preferred the Zu Mobius. In fact, I even preferred the HD600/Zu over the HD650/Silver Dragon (the Mobius was the older design that didn't fit in the HD650). I'm going to order my Mobius as soon as have some extra funds.

That coming from a guy who happens to own 10 pairs of Zu cables!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
(Just yanking your chain)

Jan 4, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #56 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by davidmiya
So, you're gonna try the Zu Cable right?

Oops missed this, David. No I have't done it yet. Ordered an Emmeline XP-7 and need to see if I keep that (if it beats the Perreaux) and what my system sounds like thereafter.

Jan 4, 2004 at 7:25 AM Post #58 of 137
Sean H Wrote:

Quote:

That coming from a guy who happens to own 10 pairs of Zu cables!!!

I gotta confess: I love the Zu sound. However, there is a different reason for this purchase: I think Zu's use of copper/silver hybrid gives the cable a more natural sound than the all-silver Moon Audio Silver Dragon. I think I just have an aversion to pure silver, because I prefer Zu's cheaper Gede to their top-of-the-line all-silver Varial cable. And as much as I love Zu, I recently heard my dad's new Virtual Dynamics Master cables and those utterly destroy my Zu (and my buddies Cardas Neutral & Golden Reference) cables in every way. Of course, the Master cables are just a tad above my budget.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #59 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
LOL, what's with the new avatar?

-Ed

Oh, I don't know, just something goofy.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have two kids who watch a lot of PBS Kids programs on PBS. That last avatar I had before by the way was Dr. Cox from the NBC show Scrubs, which I figured most knew, but I had a couple people actually ask me if that was me!

Jan 4, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #60 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by NeilPeart
I gotta confess: I love the Zu sound. However, there is a different reason for this purchase: I think Zu's use of copper/silver hybrid gives the cable a more natural sound than the all-silver Moon Audio Silver Dragon.

I've wondered this. Do they use separate runs of a copper conductor(s) and a silver conductor(s) or are they using silver coated copper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back