zu cable mobius or silver dragon
Jan 9, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #92 of 137
Oddly enough they were working a few minutes ago and suddenly now they do seem to be dead.

Dark Angel- looking forward to your comments. Being the silver-o-holic you are I'll bet they are right up your alley!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #93 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by Sean H
Oddly enough they were working a few minutes ago and suddenly now they do seem to be dead.

Dark Angel- looking forward to your comments. Being the silver-o-holic you are I'll bet they are right up your alley!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Should be working now.........for some reason Yahoo won't allow you to link full size photos, so have to settle for reduced size.
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #95 of 137
Nice pics, DarkAngel.

It's a pretty thick and heavy cable, eh?
600smile.gif

I love the machined aluminum connectors.

The "collar" where they have the "Zu Mobius" logo looks like a prime place to put a shirt clip or somthing. I tried my Ety's clip, but it's too small to fit without major modifications. I emailed Adam my suggestion for a shirt clip due to the weight of the cable.

-Ed

Jan 10, 2004 at 3:04 AM Post #98 of 137
A couple quick observations:

-don't worry about cable being too stiff/heavy etc, it really is no problem compared to Clou

-not only does Mobius embarass the stock Senn 650 cable it surpasses the Cardas in about every respect by smaller but noticeable amount, it just passes more musical info......no weakness yet found, sounds great, break-in continues.

Jan 10, 2004 at 8:33 PM Post #99 of 137
Well guys you may not care but I will share anyway. Just got done making my second cable this one I used the cable off of the grado 325 which I ordered from grado for 35$ works great and sounds great. For anybody who wants to know the wires in the new HD650 cable are indeed the same wires as in the old HD600
cable I have taken both apart the outside a little diffrent inside is the same.I had to order a cable from Headroom all they have are the old they work very well to make upgrade cable.The ends fitt real well in the new phones and as far as I can tell no diffrence in sound.These cables work real well together. I have come to the conclusion that cable up grades do help the HD650s and that these are just awesome headphones that do everthing well.
Dont bother to tell me you disagree you would be wrong and I dont care.I just really like these headphones for more reasons then just another pretty face.

Jan 10, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #100 of 137
cavedave - Glad to hear tht you have had good luck splicing in the Grado cables to make replacement cables for your Senn headphones. Everyone seems to agree that the Senn HD650 headphone benefits from a replacement of the stock cable. Maybe someday I'll get to the point of making my own cables, too - in the meantime, I'm looking forward to receiving my Zu Mobius cable for my HD650s.
600smile.gif

Jan 10, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #101 of 137
I only had the stock cable before, so for me it's a huuuuuge increase in stiffness and weight. It's manageable though.

I find the mid bass quite a bit muddy at first, but clears up as it breaks in. I never found this cable to be overly bright or harsh i any way. I get more treble for sure, but it's smoooooooth.

-Ed

Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
A couple quick observations:

-don't worry about cable being too stiff/heavy etc, it really is no problem compared to Clou

-not only does Mobius embarass the stock Senn 650 cable it surpasses the Cardas in about every respect by smaller but noticeable amount, it just passes more musical info......no weakness yet found, sounds great, break-in continues.

Jan 15, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #102 of 137
Break-in is now complete
OK...........have 120+ hours on the Zu Mobius and haven't really noticed any "big" change from initial listen, sound just evened out and became more coherent. Despite the extremely high price this is pretty much mandatory upgrade.

The improvement over stock cable is extremely easy to hear, the bass is deeper/tighter and more detailed, the treble also is noticeably more extended without any brightness/glare. The overall effect is a more detailed and dynamic sound, but still retaining a natural relaxed musicality retaining the beautiful midrange Senn users love..........classic Senn 650/600 sound taken to the next level.

The Zu also edges out the Cardas with better fine detail retreval and slightly more dynamic sound (more extended treble/bass) Again this is accomplished without sacrificing the natural musicality the Senn 650/600 is known for............I slightly prefer the Zu over Cardas, it is worth a little more money if you must have the best.

My listening done with Headroom 2002 Max (using crossfeed) and Senn 650

Jan 20, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #103 of 137
Bump
My Senn 650/Zu Mobius sounds so good will have to sell off some of my other headphones which will never see use again.

New Mobius owners please report in
(we know you are out there)

Jan 20, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #105 of 137
I recently received my Zu Mobius and it's just as amazing as I remember it from the meet. The detail, the extension and the musicality is all there, and it looks sexy too. I will post some more detailed impressions and some crappy webcam pics soon. When I upgrade from the HD 580 to the HD 650 I will be in for a greater reward (and damn does the Mobius' silvery look match the 650 well or what)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back