ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS
Nov 15, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #137 of 199
My axon 7's headphone jack became loose all of a sudden today. The 3.5mm connector would wiggle inside the jack causing static or loss of right channel, so I'm guessing the little ball/spring in the bottom jack broke/stuck. Anyways gave ZTE a call and requested advanced exchange under passport 2.0 warranty. They paid for the return shipping label and said the replacement would arrive by Thursday, which is fast IMO. Whole process took less than 20 minutes so I'm pretty impressed with ZTEs' warranty program. I'll report back if anything else comes up.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #138 of 199
Hey Guys,

i am having a big problem with this and maybe you can help me. I had a galaxy s7 and was never pleased with the headphone volume in spotify. I felt many songs were lacking volume and i wish i could turn it up more. I bought the Axon 7 which was supposed to have amazing volume.

But in spotify it is exactly the same as the S7. What am i missing? Why is the volume not louder?

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #139 of 199
  Hey Guys,

i am having a big problem with this and maybe you can help me. I had a galaxy s7 and was never pleased with the headphone volume in spotify. I felt many songs were lacking volume and i wish i could turn it up more. I bought the Axon 7 which was supposed to have amazing volume.

But in spotify it is exactly the same as the S7. What am i missing? Why is the volume not louder?

Axon 7 doesn't activate the DAC on every application, last I looked (it may have been fixed since because I haven't stayed up to date on this device).

Someone on the Axon forums says the B29 update fixed it, and activating "Super Mode" works as intended. Otherwise, I think you can open/play the default player or maybe one of those other players that can tap into the DAC, then play Spotify.

Also, you have the US phone? I've also heard the EU model is gimped...

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #140 of 199
Hey Guys,

thanks for the answer. I bought this in Amazon in the USA. So i assume it is the US version. Where is that "supermode" where do i activate it? I chose this phone specifically for the sound and i am so frustrated to have the same volume as my galaxy s7. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #141 of 199
  Hey Guys,

thanks for the answer. I bought this in Amazon in the USA. So i assume it is the US version. Where is that "supermode" where do i activate it? I chose this phone specifically for the sound and i am so frustrated to have the same volume as my galaxy s7. 

Don't worry about the volume. The quality vastly exceeds the s7.

Settings, Sounds, Headset Hi-Fi -> Super

Use USB Audio Player Pro or another program that directly accesses the DAC for the best sound. 

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #142 of 199
Can somebody let me know what TI OPAMP this device uses????? my money is on the line, I am buying a k601 and I don't know if this device can power it properly 
confused.gif
 Please help :frowning2:

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #144 of 199

Guys,

i think i ****ed up! I just got my axon 7, and trying to remove the simcard tray, i put the sim remover needle inside the hole that is on the top, but then i realized that is not the sim card hole.  It is something else. I definetely felt something being pierced. Is this a microphone? Did i just ruin something in the phone?   My galaxy s7 has the sim card tray on the top, so i did it almost instinctively without looking.

Any ideas of what i have actually pierced by doing this?

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #145 of 199
Guys,

i think i ****ed up! I just got my axon 7, and trying to remove the simcard tray, i put the sim remover needle inside the hole that is on the top, but then i realized that is not the sim card hole.  It is something else. I definetely felt something being pierced. Is this a microphone? Did i just ruin something in the phone?   My galaxy s7 has the sim card tray on the top, so i did it almost instinctively without looking.

Any ideas of what i have actually pierced by doing this?

I did that before by accident and nothing happened. The SIM Card tray is on the upper left hand side. That is one of the microphones btw.

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #146 of 199
I have read a couple reviews claiming the audio is even better on the axon7 mini.Maybe ZTE should use the combined single hi Fi chip of the mini in the big brother 7 instead of the dual chips. I am looking at the mini because I do not make many calls at all.The video on the mini would be good enough for me and I have a good stand alone camera so the inferior rear camera on the mini is not an issue for me.I really don't even care about the finger print sensor as I don't bother using them. I would rather stack a big portable battery to it lol

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #147 of 199
I have read a couple reviews claiming the audio is even better on the axon7 mini.Maybe ZTE should use the combined single hi Fi chip of the mini in the big brother 7 instead of the dual chips. I am looking at the mini because I do not make many calls at all.The video on the mini would be good enough for me and I have a good stand alone camera so the inferior rear camera on the mini is not an issue for me.I really don't even care about the finger print sensor as I don't bother using them. I would rather stack a big portable battery to it lol

At $350 today, the Axon 7 (not mini) is a much better value than the mini (which is much lower spec'ed)

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #148 of 199
Ya I guess it would be better to shell out the extra 100 bucks for the
Bigger brother. It is not much larger.Since I will be listening to music always thru headphones it won't matter if the mini speakers are a tad louder than big brother?

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #150 of 199
Bhazard. Does USB player
pro actually use the hi Fi chip set when using headphones? Thanks!!

Yes, use "play through android" mode and variable bitrate on UAPP

You can verify in the Headset Hi-Fi settings section switching between Super and Standard while audio is playing.

Don't use Dolby with headphones and music though. Use it with the phone speakers or movies instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back