ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS
Dec 11, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #151 of 199
Thanks. Ya I read somewhere that turning on Atmos when on headphones it will bypass the hi fi chip. Would not want to use Atmos for headphone hi fi anyways. It really is for the external speakers as it is actually a surround sound simulation kind of thing I gather. Thanks again!!

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #152 of 199
Hi
I bought the Axon 7 for 285€. It is the global version. I'm pretty happy so far. Only thing I would like to have more power on my headphones. Like the Bayerdynamic DT 770 32 Ohm LE could be a little louder.
I still have the LG V10 witch brings more power in high gain mode.
Is there a way like by the V10 to access like a high gain mode on the super mode?
Greetings and happy new year ☺️

Gesendet von meinem ZTE A2017G mit Tapatalk

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #153 of 199
Hi
I bought the Axon 7 for 285€. It is the global version. I'm pretty happy so far. Only thing I would like to have more power on my headphones. Like the Bayerdynamic DT 770 32 Ohm LE could be a little louder.
I still have the LG V10 witch brings more power in high gain mode.
Is there a way like by the V10 to access like a high gain mode on the super mode?
Greetings and happy new year ☺️

Gesendet von meinem ZTE A2017G mit Tapatalk

Hey,

Good your happy with you Axon 7. I like mine too despite its software limiltations.

Unfortunately ZTE has limited the volume and disabled output higher than 16bit/48K. For the moment this can only be fixed if you root your phone and edit the audio settings yourself.

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #154 of 199
Hi guys I have a question. My LG v10 just died and has gone into a boot loop and apparently there's no way to really fix it. So now Im forced to get another phone, im considering the ZTE Axon 7 for its great price point but have some questions, sorry in advance if these where already answered before but I did not find all the info I was looking.

-Currently the ZTE axon 7 able to work with usb dacs that require no drivers such as the chord mojo or does it need USB Audio Player Pro?
-Is the axon 7 hiRes dac only limited to working with the stock music app still? If it is limited to the stock app is there anyway to get around this such as via USB Audio Player Pro? 

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #155 of 199
  Hi guys I have a question. My LG v10 just died and has gone into a boot loop and apparently there's no way to really fix it. So now Im forced to get another phone, im considering the ZTE Axon 7 for its great price point but have some questions, sorry in advance if these where already answered before but I did not find all the info I was looking.

-Currently the ZTE axon 7 able to work with usb dacs that require no drivers such as the chord mojo or does it need USB Audio Player Pro?
-Is the axon 7 hiRes dac only limited to working with the stock music app still? If it is limited to the stock app is there anyway to get around this such as via USB Audio Player Pro? 

Couple of things:

• If your phone is in bootloop, it can be fixed.  The only time it can't be fixed is if it simply won't turn on
  • Axon 7 is a step down from what you currently have
  • You can get the v20 on ebay for about the price of the Axon 7 or a little more.  

I have the v10 and v20 and had Axon 7   v20 > v10 > Axon 7.  The v20 is the best of the three followed by the v10.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #156 of 199
  Couple of things:

• If your phone is in bootloop, it can be fixed.  The only time it can't be fixed is if it simply won't turn on
  • You can get the v20 on ebay for about the price of the Axon 7 or a little more.  

I have the v10 and v20 and had Axon 7   v20 > v10 > Axon 7.  The v20 is the best of the three followed by the v10.

If it can be fixed how do you do so from what I have seen on forums it seems you cant, ill continue to look more into it but any help would be great! 

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #157 of 199
  If it can be fixed how do you do so from what I have seen on forums it seems you cant, ill continue to look more into it but any help would be great! 

Thank you for that 
  Couple of things:

Thank you for your input since you had all three, I have a question I would like to use ROON app and on the V10 it will not recognize my mojo, the only way I can get my V10 to use any usb dac was via USB audio Player pro. I was wondering if the axon 7 and or V20 would be able to support usb dac support without using a third party app. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #158 of 199
  Thank you for that 
Thank you for your input since you had all three, I have a question I would like to use ROON app and on the V10 it will not recognize my mojo, the only way I can get my V10 to use any usb dac was via USB audio Player pro. I was wondering if the axon 7 and or V20 would be able to support usb dac support without using a third party app. 

Fixing requires a form of booting to recovery or download or fastboot.  It will take some time and I have to leave so i can't go into detail.  I've broken my v10 and other android phones in every way possible!  I've damaged partitions and everything.  If you can turn it on you can fix it.  Go to xda forums.

v20 can recognize usb (Although Don't know why you want to use Mojo if you have v20...).  The v20 has been compared to and outperformed the ak240 so why you want to use Chord Mojo, I do not know. By a v20 you can root and try viper4android combined with Dolby Atmos.  Not Atmos by itself but the combination of the two you can get any sound!

I would urge you to get the v20, you won't be disappointed!

Edit:

But you wanna make sure you get a variant that you can root like the tmobile one.  Some of the other variants can be a pain in the a**

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #159 of 199
  Couple of things:

Is v10 as powerful as axon 7?

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #160 of 199

Fixing requires a form of booting to recovery or download or fastboot.  It will take some time and I have to leave so i can't go into detail.  I've broken my v10 and other android phones in every way possible!  I've damaged partitions and everything.  If you can turn it on you can fix it.  Go to xda forums.

v20 can recognize usb (Although Don't know why you want to use Mojo if you have v20...).  The v20 has been compared to and outperformed the ak240 so why you want to use Chord Mojo, I do not know. By a v20 you can root and try viper4android combined with Dolby Atmos.  Not Atmos by itself but the combination of the two you can get any sound!

I would urge you to get the v20, you won't be disappointed!

Edit:

But you wanna make sure you get a variant that you can root like the tmobile one.  Some of the other variants can be a pain in the a**

Weird, As far as I know Axon 7 has more power output than both v10 and v20,  It has both a good dac and good amp, and for  real life test like gsmarena test, while loaded Axon 7 had less crosstalk than both smartphones and same noise floor as the v20,  headfiers convinced their selves that lg v series is the best for audio despite having a less impressive amp for a reason, going a step further and comparing it to full sized amp/dac is not logical, that's like saying lg v10 hiss is the best quality, anyways what was your model?? A2017G or A2017U? I am interested of your comment because you made the Axon looks like nothing and the Vs dominate by large margin.

For the price Axon is not a step down, I don't know what you're thinking about but having a front facing stereo speakers, samoled display and UFS 2.0 storage and usb 3.0 speeds that even the v20 doesn't have (atop of having similar premium build hardware to the v20 while being cheaper than both) is a step down from the v10 ??  interesting... 

About audio tweaks such as dolby and viper, Just saying I would stay away, they color the sound even when you keep the settings as they are, both have a 6 band eq which is (lulzworthy) to my neutron music player, digital gain distorts audio and other features just color the sound, this comes from a guy who used to have both of these mods. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #161 of 199
  Weird, As far as I know Axon 7 has more power output than both v10 and v20,  It has both a good dac and good amp, and for  real life test like gsmarena test, while loaded Axon 7 had less crosstalk than both smartphones and same noise floor as the v20,  headfiers convinced their selves that lg v series is the best for audio despite having a less impressive amp for a reason, going a step further and comparing it to full sized amp/dac is not logical, that's like saying lg v10 hiss is the best quality, anyways what was your model?? A2017G or A2017U? I am interested of your comment because you made the Axon looks like nothing and the Vs dominate by large margin.

For the price Axon is not a step down, I don't know what you're thinking about but having a front facing stereo speakers, samoled display and UFS 2.0 storage and usb 3.0 speeds that even the v20 doesn't have (atop of having similar premium build hardware to the v20 while being cheaper than both) is a step down from the v10 ??  interesting... 

About audio tweaks such as dolby and viper, Just saying I would stay away, they color the sound even when you keep the settings as they are, both have a 6 band eq which is (lulzworthy) to my neutron music player, digital gain distorts audio and other features just color the sound, this comes from a guy who used to have both of these mods. 

Have you actually listened to any of the Lg devices?

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #163 of 199
So I have decided to get the ZTE Axon 7 in the end over the LG v20. I was impressed enough by the ZTE and not for the SQ but overall package as a phone. I was able to buy it at a local shop hoping I would be able to also buy the v20 and compare and return one or the other. Unfortunately, no nearby shops stocked it or had a display model out. The sound of the Axon 7 seems slightly u shaped than compared to my former LG v10, I also found it to have a noticeably higher output power this was a big surprise to me. The negative to the SQ of the axon 7 was the fact it sometimes picked up some wireless noise, this never happened with the LG v10.

Other than the audio I found the screen to be very nice as I prefer the OLED display, also I have learned that for me the LG v series seem to very poor on battery life and having a swappable battery is good but I hardly had the spare when the phone would always nearly die on me halfway through the day from not doing much with it. Finally, reliability was another consideration, coming from a bootlooped lg v10 and digging further it seems lg has been having this problem on many phones over last 5yrs including the v20, I found this troubling especially for the price diffrence. Then speaking about the price I thought of getting a used lg v20 on eBay however I am a bit worried that whatever unit I would be getting might have a higher chance of going into a bootloop since reports say it may be triggered by custom roms, overheating and now using 3rd party usb c cables on the v20 (This is the official explanation by LG for bootloop on v20) and I have no idea what has been done to it before I get it. Still, there's the issue with the warranty period of a used lg v20 or even new compared to the very competitive warranty offered by ZTE for a new unit. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #164 of 199
  So I have decided to get the ZTE Axon 7 in the end over the LG v20. I was impressed enough by the ZTE and not for the SQ but overall package as a phone. I was able to buy it at a local shop hoping I would be able to also buy the v20 and compare and return one or the other. Unfortunately, no nearby shops stocked it or had a display model out. The sound of the Axon 7 seems slightly u shaped than compared to my former LG v10, I also found it to have a noticeably higher output power this was a big surprise to me. The negative to the SQ of the axon 7 was the fact it sometimes picked up some wireless noise, this never happened with the LG v10.

Other than the audio I found the screen to be very nice as I prefer the OLED display, also I have learned that for me the LG v series seem to very poor on battery life and having a swappable battery is good but I hardly had the spare when the phone would always nearly die on me halfway through the day from not doing much with it. Finally, reliability was another consideration, coming from a bootlooped lg v10 and digging further it seems lg has been having this problem on many phones over last 5yrs including the v20, I found this troubling especially for the price diffrence. Then speaking about the price I thought of getting a used lg v20 on eBay however I am a bit worried that whatever unit I would be getting might have a higher chance of going into a bootloop since reports say it may be triggered by custom roms, overheating and now using 3rd party usb c cables on the v20 (This is the official explanation by LG for bootloop on v20) and I have no idea what has been done to it before I get it. Still, there's the issue with the warranty period of a used lg v20 or even new compared to the very competitive warranty offered by ZTE for a new unit. 

V20 louder than both with way less noise.  How do you like axon 7 vs v10?  What type of headphones you use?

btw I bought mine from ebay used no bootloop.  I never had bootloop on v10 or v20.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #165 of 199
  V20 louder than both with way less noise.  How do you like axon 7 vs v10?  What type of headphones you use?

btw I bought mine from ebay used no bootloop.  I never had bootloop on v10 or v20.

I know its not a problem with every unit but after so many models having reported issues its hard to ignore, and sad since Im a big fan of the LG v series. The axon 7 as a phone (not talking about SQ) overall to me is nicer to the v series because of the much better battery life and really great screen I really am a fan of that saturated look that oled screens provide with great black colors and its hard to enjoy your music with a dead battery. I do miss the secondary screen though I took it for granted but its nice having notification not pop up on the main screen, the other thing I miss is the more neutral sound of the v10 the axon is a bit more bottom heavy and the treble somehow sounds a little sharper. Overall the tonal balance of the axon 7 is not my usual preferred one for more critical listening but for mobile use it within my tolerance level.

I typically use my JH-13, TG334 and K10UA with my smartphones. Ironically I had ordered an ifi iematch before this whole bootloop on impulse and was wondering if I actually would use it now I can see if it can reduce the axon 7 noise that I can hear very faintly sometimes. Im also considering a Audioquest dragonfly red as alternative sound to have to choose from besides what the axon 7 gives since I spent less than on the phone in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back