ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS
Sep 2, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #121 of 199
Pastapipo.???  I am confused by your reply.  Doesn't that video link ALSO say that the phone has a separate Audio DAC? Just like the info I posted?     So he is saying the same thing ?    

So, two sources saying it has separate DAC.  One listing what that DAC is, and you are still doubtful it has a second DAC ,from what I read.    

What confirmation on the DAC are you looking for?  

Anyway, Like all audio, only way to know that it matches your sound needs, is to listen yourself.   I have not seen or heard thia phone myself.  Just trying to help out by trying to post an answer to your question about whether it has a separate DAC.. And then get a reply "shutting me down" woth a "this guy says something else" ; When he says the same thing???  

I am really confused and won't be trying to help others..

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #122 of 199
  Pastapipo.???  I am confused by your reply.  Doesn't that video link ALSO say that the phone has a separate Audio DAC? Just like the info I posted?     So he is saying the same thing ?    

So, two sources saying it has separate DAC.  One listing what that DAC is, and you are still doubtful it has a second DAC ,from what I read.    

What confirmation on the DAC are you looking for?  

Anyway, Like all audio, only way to know that it matches your sound needs, is to listen yourself.   I have not seen or heard thia phone myself.  Just trying to help out by trying to post an answer to your question about whether it has a separate DAC.. And then get a reply "shutting me down" woth a "this guy says something else" ; When he says the same thing???  

I am really confused and won't be trying to help others..

Pete,

Pastapipo is just sharing his own experience with ZTE phones, don't take it personal and please keep trying to help others..... 

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #123 of 199
Pastapipo.???

Pete! I think there has been a misunderstanding. I mean no harm :) In my last post I was just talking a little about my experiences with ZTE, like subSTI says. My apologies if it seemed aggressive in any way, that was certainly not my intention. Neither was it my intent to shut you down. I was just providing a link with some more information. Its all good :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #126 of 199
These vs lg g5 vs lg v10?

I don't have the V10 but do have the G5.

Axon 7 great phone at a very good price point:
Better DAC/AMP for headphones
Better display AMOLED 5.5" (the G5 is a bit too cool, blueish tint to my eyes and my Nexus 6P is a bit to warm, brownish to my eyes)
Better build feels more premium
Google Daydream VR ready (?)

G5 dispite the hate I think it's a very good device:
Better camera (the reason I still own it).

Unless the camera is of utmost importance to you I'd go with the Axon 7.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #127 of 199
I don't have the V10 but do have the G5.

Axon 7 great phone at a very good price point:
Better DAC/AMP for headphones
Better display AMOLED 5.5" (the G5 is a bit too cool, blueish tint to my eyes and my Nexus 6P is a bit to warm, brownish to my eyes)
Better build feels more premium
Google Daydream VR ready (?)

G5 dispite the hate I think it's a very good device:
Better camera (the reason I still own it).

Unless the camera is of utmost importance to you I'd go with the Axon 7.

I like the specs of Axon 7. However it really bugs me since there are a lots of history of pre-installed backdoors on Chinese smartphones.

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #128 of 199
Let me say this once.
ZTE Axon 7 have 2 separate DAC. The main DAC (Qualcomm 24bit DAC integrated in SoC) is used for playing 16/44.1 files or lower (CD quality and lossy format). AKM DAC is activated only when playing hi-res format (24bit/96Khz or higher) via stock music player. Currently, 3rd party app that can play 24bit/96khz with AKM DAC activated is Poweramp v3 alpha (you must be a beta tester to download it and you have to turn on/off dolby setting during listening to music)

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #129 of 199
Let me say this once.
ZTE Axon 7 have 2 separate DAC. The main DAC (Qualcomm 24bit DAC integrated in SoC) is used for playing 16/44.1 files or lower (CD quality and lossy format). AKM DAC is activated only when playing hi-res format (24bit/96Khz or higher) via stock music player. Currently, 3rd party app that can play 24bit/96khz with AKM DAC activated is Poweramp v3 alpha (you must be a beta tester to download it and you have to turn on/off dolby setting during listening to music)

Whaaaa ???

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #131 of 199
Let me say this once.

It doesn't make any sense.
Smartphones with a music dedicated DAC always use it by default unless you purposely chose a third party music app that lets you chose the DAC (I had 3 of them so far).
If it's not the case with Axon 7, ZTE has done something terribly wrong.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #133 of 199
I own the lg v10.

I heard the Axon 7 today.  It's not as good  as the v10 to me..

I admit, I only tested a couple of songs and I could understand that the test might not be fair and I might need to test it for a longer period.  But from what I heard, it was nothing that makes me want to spend $400 extra when I have a phone that's good already.

The Axon 7 seems to have more Bass, but it doesn't have the high frequencies like the v10... 

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #134 of 199
Been using my axon 7 for a few weeks now. Very impressed with the SQ, coming from a note 4. I'm on Tmobile and I haven't had any issues with the signal. I had some problems with the work wifi(disconnects) but my home wifi is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back