ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS
Aug 21, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #106 of 199
Which headphone did you use? I just turned the volume to the highest level and did notice a surge on amp that is still "under control", while I always stopped at "listening to high volumes cause hearing damage" notice.

I acknowledged the high volume risk and was able to turn up the volume even further for my M50x.

Aug 21, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #109 of 199
I'm planning to purchase the Axon 7 but I need to know if it supports OTG. I'd like to connect it to my MOJO via OTG when I'm at home. This is the only last deciding factor for me.

Yeah. It definitely supports OTG. I connected my Fiio E17K to my Axon 7 using a Micro to USB C OTG Cable.

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #111 of 199
Thanks for the confirmation Niyologist and Bhazard. Now it's just waiting for the Axon 7 to arrive and I'll be getting one soon. I'm looking forward to buy it soon....Honestly the Axon 7 is definitely fantastic value at $399.99 :D

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #112 of 199
I got different results. I compared it with my Cowon Plenue D and my Axon 7 sounds way better than my PD. Which BTW, I should tell you that the Cowon PD outranks the Fiio X3ii/X5 in audio quality. But then again audio quality is subjective. So preference could make observations vary with others.

This is like someone say "Apple is better than Orange", then you reply him with "I have different results, Orange is better than Potato". What kind of logic is this? :/

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #113 of 199
This is like someone say "Apple is better than Orange", then you reply him with "I have different results, Orange is better than Potato". What kind of logic is this? :/

Maybe I shouldn't have said I got different results.

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #115 of 199
I'm dieing to get the 6gb RAM, 128gb memory model, if it's ever released. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #116 of 199
I'm dieing to get the 6gb RAM, 128gb memory model, if it's ever released. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Most likely coming out around December or January. Got to get that embargo lifted first.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #117 of 199
May I know if it otg works also with streaming services?
Thanks!
Andrea

Sorry for the late response. Yes. Tidal and Spotify works well with my Fiio E17K in USB Mode. So OTG should work easily with any streaming services.

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #118 of 199
The ZTE Axon 7 mini has arrived too:

http://www.gsmarena.com/unannounced_zte_axon_7_mini_is_already_on_sale_in_germany_for__euro299-news-20200.php

Since the previous ZTE Axon mini did not get the DAC from his big brother, I'm going to wait to see if this one really does sport a separate DAC chip.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #119 of 199
Just saw this on a search. The Axon 7 Mini does have a separate audio DAC/Amp Chip.    No hands on listening via earphones from any reviewer yet.

Quote " ..The Axon 7 Mini's audio reproduction is markedly improved, believe it or not, over the Axon 7’s — an unintended benefit of a new sound chip, the AKM 4962, which consolidates the the Axon 7’s two separate audio processors (a AKM 4961 DAC and AKM 4490 ADC) into one. Incredibly, ZTE said the Axon 7 Mini is louder than its predecessor — a claim we can back up after cranking up its volume during a loud demo video. And the level of detail is impressive, besides: the bass is deep but not boomy, the highs are clean and crisp, and voices come through loud and clear. It’s a stellar listening experience across the board."

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #120 of 199
  Just saw this on a search. The Axon 7 Mini does have a separate audio DAC/Amp Chip.    No hands on listening via earphones from any reviewer yet.

Quote " ..The Axon 7 Mini's audio reproduction is markedly improved, believe it or not, over the Axon 7’s — an unintended benefit of a new sound chip, the AKM 4962, which consolidates the the Axon 7’s two separate audio processors (a AKM 4961 DAC and AKM 4490 ADC) into one. Incredibly, ZTE said the Axon 7 Mini is louder than its predecessor — a claim we can back up after cranking up its volume during a loud demo video. And the level of detail is impressive, besides: the bass is deep but not boomy, the highs are clean and crisp, and voices come through loud and clear. It’s a stellar listening experience across the board."

That would be wonderful if it came out true. But i've been **** over by ZTE before with their false claims of Hi-Res audio in the ZTE Axon mini before.
I do not care for the front facing speakers, but if the ZTE Axon 7 mini does have DAC support for the 3.5mm jack, I will buy the phone.

This bloke states something else though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4u0UVZJ0wA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back