Zorloo Ztella USB C DAC impressions thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #181 of 393
I got mine!!! It arrived today. I can believe how this little thing can sound as is.

My setup is Android 8.1 on Xiaomi mipad4 lte. UAPP as player and Soundmagic ,e80 earphones and AKG K240S headphones.

I have set up Tidal into UAPP and MQA files sounds in general at 96/24 resolution even though the audio file shows 192/24. Tidal put USB DAC 96 and the file with it own resolution. The DAC light is magenta. Is it normal?

Regarding sound quality, it sounds good.... Like Ztella would have some kind of reverb within which reflects in deeph.

Yes, this is correct, I was surprised by this at first as well. The Ztella will unfold it to 192/24 when being sent the 96/24 stream.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #182 of 393
Thanks a lot guys for your responses

Yes, this is correct, I was surprised by this at first as well. The Ztella will unfold it to 192/24 when being sent the 96/24 stream.
Ok, great. Thanks

Maybe it is too early to say this but I really love how the AKM chips sound... more warmer and therefore no fatigue.

I will try it a little bit more, now with full MQA files and DSD.

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #183 of 393
Thanks a lot guys for your responses

Ok, great. Thanks

Maybe it is too early to say this but I really love how the AKM chips sound... more warmer and therefore no fatigue.

I will try it a little bit more, now with full MQA files and DSD.
erm.. it's ESS

dunno why my unit will stutter at times when streaming tidal on PC, is it a buffering issue or a overheat issue?

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #185 of 393
So where to buy Ztella for good price ???
the only recommended place is on zorloo site directly, they send from HK

with the first purchase, you get a riddle, for a 30% discount code

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #187 of 393
erm.. it's ESS

dunno why my unit will stutter at times when streaming tidal on PC, is it a buffering issue or a overheat issue?

I get some pops at times when the computer is hard at work. I guess the default buffer they use is pretty small, as it has a very low latency when I create music with it.

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #188 of 393
I have asked Zorloo support and they replied

'' Ztella won't be able to drive low impedance headphone at 2V. It will require much higher output power to avoid any distortion. "

If you have a headphone with detachable cable, try first unplugging the headphone side, plug in the 3.5, then plug back in your headphone. This trick works on LG phone previously so I tried.

edit: tried just now,unplugging only the right side of the headphone is enough to trick the Ztella.

That makes my Ztella much louder which I believe is the higher output mode.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #189 of 393
finally gotten the mqa module for uapp, how its lovely to harness the power of ztella

*data usage will be off the charts lol

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #191 of 393

Great review! I bought a MQA ztella yesterday. I forgot to check something before: ASIO driver. I'm disappointed that it lacks a Windows ASIO driver. I need it to get the best of the DAC on Windows, like lower and customizable latency. I even contacted Zorloo support asking for it and they said "We are sorry that we have no plan for ASIO support at this moment".

But now is too late, it's already shipped. And to be honest, I wouldn't cancel the purchase if I could. I will be happy to use Ztella with my Samsung S8 on UAPP with Tidal and Qobuz (Shure SE846 and Acoustic Research AR-E10 IEMs). And I will have to wait for some company to release a USB-C dongle with ESS 9281 Pro with Windows ASIO drivers. Is there any available on the market?

We are living a good time for mobile and low cost hifi rig :)

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #192 of 393
Great review! I bought a MQA ztella yesterday. I forgot to check something before: ASIO driver. I'm disappointed that it lacks a Windows ASIO driver. I need it to get the best of the DAC on Windows, like lower and customizable latency. I even contacted Zorloo support asking for it and they said "We are sorry that we have no plan for ASIO support at this moment".

But now is too late, it's already shipped. And to be honest, I wouldn't cancel the purchase if I could. I will be happy to use Ztella with my Samsung S8 on UAPP with Tidal and Qobuz (Shure SE846 and Acoustic Research AR-E10 IEMs). And I will have to wait for some company to release a USB-C dongle with ESS 9281 Pro with Windows ASIO drivers. Is there any available on the market?

Maybe Audirect Beam 2.

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #193 of 393
My audirect atom pro just arrived.
1579154721392.jpg

Jan 17, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #194 of 393

use wasapi instead, its similar in theory, i wouldnt use asio on win 10

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #195 of 393

The Ztella already has very low latency, I've created a whole song with it already for a work video. It works perfectly for creating music and live playing. As does the iBasso DC01. My FiiO X7II does have ASIO support, but its latency at lower sample rates is completely unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back