Zorloo Ztella USB C DAC impressions thread
Jan 13, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #167 of 393
It is me or everyone facing a strange thing, Tidal tracks sounding more crispier than same music that I have purchased before with Ztella. With other DACs their is no difference.
the difference would be subtle but it is there, even on mqa and non mqa tracks on tidal that are from the exact artist, like one is a single before they album it, and in the mqa album version it will sound different than singles

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #169 of 393
just set up my ztella on my pc with tidal, MQA gives better sense of depth and soundstage compared to my UD-301 which cant do crack on MQA

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #171 of 393
Jan 13, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #174 of 393
I try Mqa ztella with : Fearless S8f , BGVP dmg, EMU teaks , with tidal masters and UAPP . On my phone and laptop and always get a hissing sound when they're plugged in and no music is on. Any solution????

I think there is a good chance that yours could be defective. I asked about this before back on Kickstarter and they told there won't be any hiss even in high sensitive earphones.

I checked it with SE846, which known to have hiss with most of the DAC's don't any hiss whatsoever in Ztella

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #175 of 393
I think there is a good chance that yours could be defective. I asked about this before back on Kickstarter and they told there won't be any hiss even in high sensitive earphones.

I checked it with SE846, which known to have hiss with most of the DAC's don't any hiss whatsoever in Ztella

Actually i update firmware and still get hiss... So i think its a defective one. =(

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #176 of 393
hilidac-audirect-atom-pro-portable-dac-amp is this similar products?

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #177 of 393
Actually i update firmware and still get hiss... So i think its a defective one. =(
Seems like it, that is too bad. Luckily they have good service.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #178 of 393
if my net speed is 62Mbps up 14 down, will i face buffering when playing mqa?

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #179 of 393
I got mine!!! It arrived today. I can believe how this little thing can sound as is.

My setup is Android 8.1 on Xiaomi mipad4 lte. UAPP as player and Soundmagic ,e80 earphones and AKG K240S headphones.

I have set up Tidal into UAPP and MQA files sounds in general at 96/24 resolution even though the audio file shows 192/24. Tidal put USB DAC 96 and the file with it own resolution. The DAC light is magenta. Is it normal?

Regarding sound quality, it sounds good.... Like Ztella would have some kind of reverb within which reflects in deeph.

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #180 of 393
I got mine!!! It arrived today. I can believe how this little thing can sound as is.

My setup is Android 8.1 on Xiaomi mipad4 lte. UAPP as player and Soundmagic ,e80 earphones and AKG K240S headphones.

I have set up Tidal into UAPP and MQA files sounds in general at 96/24 resolution even though the audio file shows 192/24. Tidal put USB DAC 96 and the file with it own resolution. The DAC light is magenta. Is it normal?

Regarding sound quality, it sounds good.... Like Ztella would have some kind of reverb within which reflects in deeph.
magenta means mqa path, so its correct

but maybe u didnt setup bitperfect mode on usb audio settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back