Zorloo Ztella USB C DAC impressions thread
Feb 11, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #273 of 393
Yes, I read about the properties of all devices and I know them. I don't need balance and MQA in the first place. The most important is the best sound quality and large sound stage.
imo ztella is still the most versatile and good sounding, coming from my very own unbranded , self tuned ciem

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #274 of 393
Got my Ztella MQA--absolutely fantastic! And they honored the discount, too. It was only supposed to be used after your first purchase. I felt a bit bad--didn't want to be unethical. I think you'd have to spend $200 to beat it!

Feb 13, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #277 of 393
Thank you, I'm buying Ztella.

After many weeks with both Ztella and Meizu I personally think the Meizu is still the by far better deal. Sound is different for sure but would never call the Ztella better. Concerning the price the choice is easy imo :p

The Ztella is good but concerning the price I was very disppointed because it does noch reach the quality of other ESS powered devices (like LG phones) and also I think the sound is not being played "as is". To me it sounds like there is some DSP doing some magic things. It makes the sound at first more exciting but also more tiring and, as already mentioned, not authentic.

The device is not bad by any means. But it is pricy and for an authentic sounds it is imho the wrong choice.

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #278 of 393
After many weeks with both Ztella and Meizu I personally think the Meizu is still the by far better deal. Sound is different for sure but would never call the Ztella better. Concerning the price the choice is easy imo :p

The Ztella is good but concerning the price I was very disppointed because it does noch reach the quality of other ESS powered devices (like LG phones) and also I think the sound is not being played "as is". To me it sounds like there is some DSP doing some magic things. It makes the sound at first more exciting but also more tiring and, as already mentioned, not authentic.

The device is not bad by any means. But it is pricy and for an authentic sounds it is imho the wrong choice.
maybe cause you dont have the MQA source to go with the MQA folding by ztella MQA, assuming you took that one

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #280 of 393
for an authentic sounds it is imho the wrong choice.
Hmm ... I'm looking for a wide sound stage and NATURAL sound.

maybe cause you dont have the MQA source to go with the MQA folding by ztella MQA, assuming you took that one
I won't use MQA at all. I choose the MQA version only because - apparently - better sound quality. Maybe unnecessarily?

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #281 of 393
Then you could also get the lower priced Zorloo. It has a wide sound stage for sure.
But you should know that usually the soundstage is still mostly impacted by the headphone you use.
Concerning "natural" sound I think the Meizu is ahead though.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #282 of 393
Hmm ... I'm looking for a wide sound stage and NATURAL sound.

I won't use MQA at all. I choose the MQA version only because - apparently - better sound quality. Maybe unnecessarily?
you misunderstood MQA for "normally" better sound quality, MQA Ztella is for tidal MQA "optimum" sound

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #284 of 393
Thank you, I'm buying Ztella.
Just dont buy the below cable, neither IPhone 6s nor the 11s recognize it...waste of USD 12.0, you will need the apple CCK version(Costly!)....so add that to the TTL cost, sounds terriffic though...
Lightning to USB-C Receptacle Cable (for Ztella)

1582040968160.png

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #285 of 393
Just dont buy the below cable, neither IPhone 6s nor the 11s recognize it...waste of USD 12.0, you will need the apple CCK version(Costly!)....so add that to the TTL cost, sounds terriffic though...
Lightning to USB-C Receptacle Cable (for Ztella)

1582040968160.png
I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up (if I ever get an iDevice)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back