ZO2 Impression Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #586 of 1,126
Cmon guys - the hornet stuff if all well and good, but we've gone from a metaphor for DigiZoid's current woes to a discussion of killer bees - even for you, lee370, this represents some massively OT thread derailment. Take it to the Lounge, pls.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #588 of 1,126

Quote:
Cmon guys - the hornet stuff if all well and good, but we've gone from a metaphor for DigiZoid's current woes to a discussion of killer bees - even for you, lee370, this represents some massively OT thread derailment. Take it to the Lounge, pls.

No need to get your panties in a bunch Estreeter. All in good fun :wink:

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #589 of 1,126
So if I order now, I can expect to have a product that works completely as intended? Shipping to Australia just takes so long, I don't want to have to ship it back and forth >=[

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #590 of 1,126
eek.gif
 awww the irony

Quote:

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #591 of 1,126

Quote:
So if I order now, I can expect to have a product that works completely as intended? Shipping to Australia just takes so long, I don't want to have to ship it back and forth >=[

Most likely. But it's always better to be safe than sorry and contact Digizoid first to make this clear.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #593 of 1,126

Quote:

Most likely. But it's always better to be safe than sorry and contact Digizoid first to make this clear.

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #594 of 1,126
When your in volume mode, you have 32 levels of adjustment. When you reach level 32 (indicated by a change of lightbar color from blue to purple), you hold the wheel in the upward position for (I think) 3 seconds. It will then automatically switch into high gain mode. To come out of high gain mode just rotate the wheel downward once, and it goes back into low gain mode.

So if I understand you correctly, the high gain mode will not have a volume control feature (one click down will bring it out of high gain mode) ? If that is the case, it's fine for headphone out users, but would absolutely kill the line out functionality as it would be the same as zo1?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #595 of 1,126

Quote:
So if I understand you correctly, the high gain mode will not have a volume control feature (one click down will bring it out of high gain mode) ? If that is the case, it's fine for headphone out users, but would absolutely kill the line out functionality as it would be the same as zo1?

I don't think that is the case. There will just be a high gain mode and the low gain for IEM usage. You will still have the volume contour, same for the bass. So if you have it on high gain you should still be able to raise or lower volume, but you'll be able to get it much lower with low gain (a plus).

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #596 of 1,126

Actually, it sounded more like if you -need- to go into high gain mode, you're pretty much unleashing Pandora's box, so to speak. I'm not sure, but the v3 sounds like it would be possible the best combination of the LOD/hiss fix and the original. This would make it the ideal product and the ideal version as it would answer all critiques. I'm very tempted, but I still love my v1 so I'll leave it be like a few others are doing.

I have to say, surprisingly, my Zo2 gets most of it's usage through my Beamer's sound system. I can't even listen to anything normally now through my speakers. I almost want to use my Zo2 for gaming, for everything, because of how awesome it has been for making my normal music dead to me.

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #597 of 1,126

Never having used either ZO or ZO2, i can't say for certain, but from the documentation I have read on their site and this thread, it would seem like they have statedd that the Rev.3 adds back some of the functionality that the ZO had. So if the ZO had a high gain mode without volume control, then it can be assumed, unless otherwise corrected, that they just put that feature into the ZO2. 

Also, can't wait to get mine. I ordered it last night. Hoping i get it within the next two weeks before i go on vacation
Quote:

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #598 of 1,126
I also own the ZO1, if I didn't, I wouldn't be so unimpressed by the ZO2. Upon receipt, I tried it out with a LOD from my iPhone, maxing out the vol on the ZO2 (hiss fix/rev. 2), and said: "that's it !?". With the LOD and the ZO2 on max vol = ZO1 via headphone out and the same test tracks set to 50-60% vol on the iPhone (both ZOs set to level 7 on the bass bump setting). So I know the device has a lot more to offer, which I am hoping the hi gain setting will achieve, but I am doubtful the setting will have a volume control, as I am not sure that a single button/volume rocker can handle more commands than it already has ? I am going to send mine in for rev. 3 and hope for the best.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #599 of 1,126
So some of you are asking about the high gain mode and volume control. Unfortunately, high gain mode will be *just* like ZO V1... where you have to use your source to control the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back