ZMFheadphones HOT CUP SUMMER - auteur Classic, LTD and Stabilized Atrium release + More!!!
Jul 17, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #136 of 218
Well I finally did it…. I’ve been lusting after the Verite Closed for the better part of a year and the Rubix B+++ stock were just too sexy for me to pass up. Sadly I think this means I have to part with my camphor Eikon, but I’m sure they’ll go to an equally loving home.

Thanks for making such awesome stuff, @zach915m!!! Can’t wait to hear these beauties.

Attachments

• 6C68EBFC-4660-4D0A-A82A-993C60442B31.jpeg
    6C68EBFC-4660-4D0A-A82A-993C60442B31.jpeg
    736.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 18, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #137 of 218
Just a heads up, I just sent ZMF Support an email and canceled my order for the upgrade on my Auteur. I thought I’d post here in case another Auteur owner missed out on this first round of upgrades and wants to take my place.

I think I’ll likely get the update done, but I am about to test the Atrium in a few weeks, so I want to keep my options open.

Jul 18, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #139 of 218
Jul 18, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #141 of 218
anyone have a better pic of the dark Amber chassis? I can't make it out.. is it like brown in colour?

Jul 18, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #142 of 218
anyone have a better pic of the dark Amber chassis? I can't make it out.. is it like brown in colour?
It's like a metallic brown almost. You can see it really well in this video:

Jul 18, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #143 of 218
Whoops, sorry for the confusion, I amended the page, it's one set of pads for b stock, the stock pads. If you want any set to be suede, leave a note. I'll make sure that page is correct momentarily
Thank you! Sadly all VC b-stock are gone by the time i checked again. I'm considering to get a pair of VO b-stock instead but when preceding to check out, i find the stock cable was automatically added (for$59.99). i wonder is that a secondary cable (as the description said a stock braided cable is included in the package) and can be opt out? Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #144 of 218
The waiting is unbearable 😭 - my VCs have an empty space on my rack ready for a new occupant
Stellar work as always, Zach

Jul 18, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #145 of 218
Great stuff as always Zach :)

Jul 18, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #146 of 218

Whoever got this one cause I slept in 15 minutes past my alarm I guess thanks for saving me over 3 grand. :o2smile: My heart is sad but my wife is happy lol.

I ended up grabbing Peacock and checked out before 9:01 AM so it was a rush! The surprise captcha caught me off guard and Peacock was missing from the list when I first refreshed at 9:00 AM so I thought I was underprepared! Was nervous the whole purchase but ended up getting it in the end. This is my first ZMF and jumped right in and I couldn't be happier with the set I ended up.

Now to start looking at a serious upgrade to my amp and DAC and keeping an eye out for a matching pair as an Atrium in the future. But will wait those purchases out for a bit lol

Jul 18, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #147 of 218
I ended up grabbing Peacock and checked out before 9:01 AM so it was a rush! The surprise captcha caught me off guard and Peacock was missing from the list when I first refreshed at 9:00 AM so I thought I was underprepared! Was nervous the whole purchase but ended up getting it in the end. This is my first ZMF and jumped right in and I couldn't be happier with the set I ended up.

Now to start looking at a serious upgrade to my amp and DAC and keeping an eye out for a matching pair as an Atrium in the future. But will wait those purchases out for a bit lol
Ah my wife’s hero and all our arch nemesis reveals himself 😂. In all honesty I’m glad it was one of us! Congrats on the prettiest pair of VC I’ve ever seen.

Jul 18, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #148 of 218
I am confused about the discounts on cables.

For Auteur Classic,

you get a

$60 ofc, $40 off
$150 electrik c2, $75 off
$225 ec4, $75 off
$200 es2, $25 off
$300 es4, $25 off
$400 2k copper, $0 off

So the more expensive cables get no discount?

That was the nicest looking set of the bunch! Though personally as a heroin addict I prefer VC: Puncture. Some ex addict made those, looks like the blood going up inside a syringe just before the rush of pleasure. Honestly they should call their sponsor, this is a little bit of a cry for help.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #150 of 218
I am confused about the discounts on cables.

For Auteur Classic,

you get a

$60 ofc, $40 off
$150 electrik c2, $75 off
$225 ec4, $75 off
$200 es2, $25 off
$300 es4, $25 off
$400 2k copper, $0 off

So the more expensive cables get no discount?

That was the nicest looking set of the bunch! Though personally as a heroin addict I prefer VC: Puncture. Some ex addict made those, looks like the blood going up inside a syringe just before the rush of pleasure. Honestly they should call their sponsor, this is a little bit of a cry for help.
All the braided cables are 5.5 feet long, so the discount is different for each one. They also require a lot of hand processes and such vs the stock and OFC cable, so a lot of factors. Specifically for the 2K, the discount is around $75 for the 5.5 foot as $399.99 only gets you 4 ft when buying a la carte.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back