ZMF Verite Open
Oct 29, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #271 of 9,511
...or sanity?....
I know, it might seem like sanity to reduce the number of cans in my collection, but ... as soon as I start down that road, there will be a new can I have to have, and then another, and then ... well, I'm sure you can see where this is headed.

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #273 of 9,511
Oh, not sure I need something between my Utopia and Auteur. Especially since I prefer Auter w/ Auteur pads and Utopia with Elex pads, which pushes them closer together in terms of tonality.

Perhaps I should go 2-for-1 and (dare I say it) sell my Auteur & Utopia leaving me with just Verite -- blasphemy :smiling_imp:
Then I could sell my EFO & HEKv2 to get Ether 2 :imp:

Sell my Pontus @ Sonica DAC to get Yggy A2
Sell my V280 & BHA-1 to get ... ???

This way lies madness :laughing: !!!

Well, I feel pretty confident that you’d really like Verite, based on that. It seems like the sound you’re trying to get.

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #274 of 9,511
I'm so confused now !

So if you had a choice between hd800 auteurs atticus verite which two would you pick ?

I suck at choosing between headphones. That’s why I have like 30 pairs, lol!

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #275 of 9,511
Oct 29, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #276 of 9,511
I believe you're not alone, which explains this:
Well, I feel pretty confident that you’d really like Verite, based on that. It seems like the sound you’re trying to get.
I actually have no doubt that I would/will like the Verite. The issue for me is whether there is enough difference between the three (Auteur, Verite, Utopia) that it makes sense to own all three? Or, conversely, whether the Verite is actually so good that I could buy it and sell Auteur (blasphemy again) and Utopia?

Of course I realize these are personal questions -- no one else can tell me how to deal with my addiction/affliction.

As always, thanks for your informative impressions and reviews.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #278 of 9,511
no one else can tell me how to deal with my addiction/affliction.
Clearly, high-end 2 channel systems are the cure. My condolences to your wallet.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #279 of 9,511
Clearly, high-end 2 channel systems are the cure. My condolences to your wallet.
Sadly, not possible given my living situation. My wallet appreciates your condolences just the same.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #280 of 9,511
Verite vs HE-6. Can't make a choice :angry::angry:

Hmmm,lets see now....

One comes from a company who offers lifetime warranties,top notch customer service and are hand made.
The other has countless reports of multiple driver failures(mine failed twice in 9 months),price gouging,and other nefarious activities.

Yes,the HE-6 sounds great when it works,but for me this is a no-brainer.

My .02

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #282 of 9,511
Not quite there yet myself, but I know exactly what you're talking about.....

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #283 of 9,511
Cant put them down can you it's 4:00am
Glenn - which tubes did you use in your OTL? (my wallet already twitching inside my pocket... :angry:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back