ZMF Verite Open
Aug 28, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,761 of 9,525
Just received my 3rd pair of Vérité in Cocobolo with the newly-offered copper rods/grilles, and have to say I'm thrilled with how they turned out:

So, having these set for home and my secondary rig, the next question is going to be what wood to go with for a pair of Vérité C (for which I have a review-set in Monkeypod) that I've been enjoying, and that have exhibited some interesting changes during burn-in ... which are apparent in measurements done when they first arrived and since with a bit over 100 hours on them).
---

Why "3rd pair"? I originally bought the Pheasantwood set during the initial pre-order and loved them - enough to buy a 2nd pair for another location. I went with Ziricote for the 2nd set, and was so taken by the look of those that I decided I wanted to swap my Pheasantwood for Ziricote (posted here for sale/trade with that aim). Timing worked out such that the Cocobolo option just surfaced, and I liked those as much, or better than the Ziricote, so in the end I opted to order the set you see above. So, I only own two pairs ... but they're the third I've had in my hands and probably my favorite looking so far (they all sound fantastic).
Whoa, no that’s........Wow!!!

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,762 of 9,525
Just received my 3rd pair of Vérité in Cocobolo with the newly-offered copper rods/grilles, and have to say I'm thrilled with how they turned out:

So, having these set for home and my secondary rig, the next question is going to be what wood to go with for a pair of Vérité C (for which I have a review-set in Monkeypod) that I've been enjoying, and that have exhibited some interesting changes during burn-in ... which are apparent in measurements done when they first arrived and since with a bit over 100 hours on them).
---

Why "3rd pair"? I originally bought the Pheasantwood set during the initial pre-order and loved them - enough to buy a 2nd pair for another location. I went with Ziricote for the 2nd set, and was so taken by the look of those that I decided I wanted to swap my Pheasantwood for Ziricote (posted here for sale/trade with that aim). Timing worked out such that the Cocobolo option just surfaced, and I liked those as much, or better than the Ziricote, so in the end I opted to order the set you see above. So, I only own two pairs ... but they're the third I've had in my hands and probably my favorite looking so far (they all sound fantastic).
Oh my goodness that Cocobolo looks phenomenal. Can’t wait for my polished steel Cocobolo, if they look anywhere near that good I’ll be very pleased :D

That copper looks pretty good...making me 2nd guess my choice for brass with Cocobolo. But either way can't go wrong! That's exactly the type of wood grain I'm hoping to get!
I think brass will be equally good looking

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,764 of 9,525

---

Wow man,I have to agree with the above comments. Those are friggin' stunning looking. Congrats.
Now you need a 4th pair,so that you can listen to music while you gaze at this pair.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #2,765 of 9,525
I wonder when ZMF will venture into a custom in-house planar?
I think it would be awesome to see that happen. For ZMF to also do a TOTL planar, with all of the great craftsmanship of the dynamic line would be great. If a small company like Meze can do it, I believe ZMF could also, with a more organic flair.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #2,766 of 9,525
I think it would be awesome to see that happen. For ZMF to also do a TOTL planar, with all of the great craftsmanship of the dynamic line would be great. If a small company like Meze can do it, I believe ZMF could also, with a more organic flair.

I'd be happy if I could get a cheap Atticus :)!

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #2,767 of 9,525
To be fair, I've not had any headphones from ZMF that weren't beautiful.

My original Pheasantwood set were rather nice:

ZMF Verite - Colors (1024).jpg

And I love my Ziricote pair:

Verite - Ziricote - QnD (1024).jpg

And then he's a quick PS job to show what the Cocobolo ones would like for whoever it was who was pondering doing Cocobolo with polished steel:

Verite (Cocobolo) - Cups Flat (PS Steel) 1024.jpg

I really like the look above, but one thing I am particularly looking forward to with the copper hardware is that, being uncoated, it's going to oxidize and should result in a lovely patina (ultimately becoming quite green), and it'll be interesting to see how that turns out and whether I decide to keep them that way, or just to periodically polished them.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #2,768 of 9,525

My original Pheasantwood set were rather nice:

And I love my Ziricote pair:

And then he's a quick PS job to show what the Cocobolo ones would like for whoever it was who was pondering doing Cocobolo with polished steel:

I really like the look above, but one thing I am particularly looking forward to with the copper hardware is that, being uncoated, it's going to oxidize and should result in a lovely patina (ultimately becoming quite green), and it'll be interesting to see how that turns out and whether I decide to keep them that way, or just to periodically polished them.

Oh my...oxidized copper looks stunning...that green on that wood will look absolutely fantastic. No polish!

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #2,770 of 9,525

---

Gawd! I love that Cocobolo....congrats!

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2,771 of 9,525
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #2,772 of 9,525
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,773 of 9,525
I wonder when ZMF will venture into a custom in-house planar?

When he does I am absolutely 100% all in :ksc75smile:

When that day comes I will be like...

giphy (1).gif

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #2,774 of 9,525

ZMF Verite is the most beautiful of them all ..... in my humble opinion. :) These pictures showcase them at their best. Thanks for the lovely pictures.

As lovely as they are to see in the flesh, the sound is equally as captivating.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #2,775 of 9,525
When that day comes I will be like...

Me too!

At that point Zach will be ..........

BB King....John Lee Hooker and Willie Dixon in fine ass suites by the pool cool :ksc75smile:

1gov0s6duhe11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back