ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 24, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #166 of 12,429
Mmm......dear ZMF....can the pre-order and discount be processed by your dealer? Visiting Singapore early Sept and Zeppelin is your authorized dealer there. Tia.

I’m considering the Verite Closed, Stellia and Denon D9200...adding to my collection of closed backs.

I spoke to the UK dealer and they said they would be doing some kind of early order discount so you would think others might as well. Only speculative though.

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #168 of 12,429
@zach915m Is there any comment on the sound difference between the stock and Desert Ironwood? I looked through this thread again to check I hadn't missed it and on the listing on your website it only has sound notes on the stock wood. I ideally would like the one with the most bass and smoothest treble. Thanks.

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #169 of 12,429
The Vérité C in question are the Monkeypod version; this particular pair weights in at 512g vs. my Ziricote Vérité which tip the scales at 557g. Doesn't sound like a big difference, but I was very surprised at how light the Vérité C felt when I first picked them up. Both are superbly comfortable. Which is good, because once I start listening to them that's usually the day shot ...

Thanks for that :) I also saw this ''other'' website and saw one of the photos of the Monkeypod version. It actually looks pretty good. Looking forward to everyone's sound impressions!

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #170 of 12,429
Had some time on my hand and was admiring the Verite Closed cup design. Love all that wood but thought visually, the grill of Verite (open), gives it a bit more character.

So, wondering if it'll fly to have a "ZMF" logo (maybe a metal plate color coordinated with choice of rod material) across the cups? Aye? Nay?

_DSC26902z.jpg

[NOTE: This is an EDITED photo - actual Verite Closed currently does not have any logo on the cups]

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #171 of 12,429
Had some time on my hand and was admiring the Verite Closed cup design. Love all that wood but thought visually, the grill of Verite (open), gives it a bit more character.

So, wondering if it'll fly to have a "ZMF" logo (maybe a metal plate color coordinated with choice of rod material) across the cups? Aye? Nay?

[NOTE: These are EDITED photos - actual Verite Closed currently does not have "ZMF" logo on the cups]
While that is nicely done and looks fine, I actually prefer it as it is. I want to admire the wood work and the natural buty of the material and not have text or a logo detracting from it. It is splendid as is.

Aug 24, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #172 of 12,429
Aug 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #173 of 12,429
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 24, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #174 of 12,429

[NOTE: These are EDITED photos - actual Verite Closed currently does not have "ZMF" logo on the cups]
I would prefer the actual logo for ZMF with the lightning bolt...reminds me of Big Wednesday the movie and Gerry Lopez signature Lighting Bolt board! Also I used to be a telecommunications Coastie and the old lightning bolts (sparks) from the now retired badge.

41451E20-58D9-4520-A82F-7849CF60293C.jpeg F874E70B-C4CD-4205-AE3C-C462FDBB1E70.jpeg

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #175 of 12,429
Got to try the Verite C today! I can confirm for me at least that these are a definite buy! The ones I tried were monkey pod, felt lighter than a Ziricote Verite. They are very similar to the standard Verite, with only a little bit of soundstage loss... I honestly wanted to listen longer! They are fantastic sounding, at least for me, also to note they only had around 56hrs of burn-in time. Now I can’t stop thinking of them lol...

Aug 25, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #176 of 12,429
Got to try the Verite C today! I can confirm for me at least that these are a definite buy! The ones I tried were monkey pod, felt lighter than a Ziricote Verite. They are very similar to the standard Verite, with only a little bit of soundstage loss... I honestly wanted to listen longer! They are fantastic sounding, at least for me, also to note they only had around 56hrs of burn-in time. Now I can’t stop thinking of them lol...
So... if they're very similar to the open Verite, with little bit of soundstage loss - why are they a definite buy for you, when you already got the open?!
Asking, because I already have the Verite open...

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #178 of 12,429
Strong candidate for my "Iiiiiii'm saaaaailing awaaaaaaay" headphone right here ...

Verite C (Monkeypod) - Sail Away (1024).jpg

Easily the most popular headphone at the meet I hosted in Seattle today ... both in terms of anticipation and in the positivity of the comments made.

That's particularly impressive, to me at least, given that the #2 and #3 spots in terms of interest were the SR1a (off a TOTL chain) and the new Andromeda SE Gold.

Aug 25, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #179 of 12,429
Strong candidate for my "Iiiiiii'm saaaaailing awaaaaaaay" headphone right here ...

Easily the most popular headphone at the meet I hosted in Seattle today ... both in terms of anticipation and in the positivity of the comments made.

Is that monkey pod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back