ZMF Verite Open
Nov 13, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #9,061 of 9,535
A great VO review by ConvinceMeAudio. About time VO gets the love it deserves 2023 after all the other ZMF releases :)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #9,062 of 9,535
yeah the Phantasm
phantasm.gif

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #9,064 of 9,535
After finally hearing the VO for the first time this past weekend at CanJam, the VO definitely deserves all the love it gets, and is an incredible headphone with very unique staging and speed, and it also has the organic warmth and punch I crave. The VO is a headphone I will have to add to my collection eventually as I just can't get its sound out of my head. . .

The speed and punch of the VO and VC is so addictive!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #9,065 of 9,535
Interesting... so this is completely different from the Atticus Viberate (TPE driver) https://www.viberate.com/ or the Eikon/Auteur (biocellulose), right?
It's like comparing different genres – the Atticus, a TPE driver, struts onto the scene with its unique style, while the Eikon and Auteur, the biocellulose darlings, bring their own chapters to the audio story.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #9,066 of 9,535
After finally hearing the VO for the first time this past weekend at CanJam, the VO definitely deserves all the love it gets, and is an incredible headphone with very unique staging and speed, and it also has the organic warmth and punch I crave. The VO is a headphone I will have to add to my collection eventually as I just can't get its sound out of my head. . .

The speed and punch of the VO and VC is so addictive!
I couldnt agree more.

In another thread, you mentioned how much you appreciate the Holo BLISS with the Caldera and (possibly VC?) I welcome you to try it with the VO. Its literally the most 3d like sound I have ever heard. It almost a pun how the "Holo" bliss sounds holographic. I have never heard anything quite like it. I still prefer my Feliks Euforia EVO OTL for most of my dynamic zmfs due to their natural synergy and unmatched timbre, but when it comes to SS amp and ZMF, the Bliss can definitely stand its ground.

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #9,067 of 9,535
I couldnt agree more.

In another thread, you mentioned how much you appreciate the Holo BLISS with the Caldera and (possibly VC?) I welcome you to try it with the VO. Its literally the most 3d like sound I have ever heard. It almost a pun how the "Holo" bliss sounds holographic. I have never heard anything quite like it. I still prefer my Feliks Euforia EVO OTL for most of my dynamic zmfs due to their natural synergy and unmatched timbre, but when it comes to SS amp and ZMF, the Bliss can definitely stand its ground.
I actually did get to hear the VO off the Bliss/May combo, and it was insanely good, and the staging and impact reminded me of my HA300MK2. If my tube stash ever gets depleted or if I ever get the itch to go SS, the Bliss is the one for me.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #9,068 of 9,535
Nov 15, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #9,069 of 9,535
Recently gave my venerable Ziricote VO a makeover. Added a crescent strap w/B.B.B. strap and polished the stainless steel hardware. Lookin' fresh! Oh yea, also pictured is some amp I just picked up...

PXL_20231115_215457542.jpg

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #9,071 of 9,535
Gorgeous. Is that Ziricote?

Looking forward to your impressions of the Ultra Perf pads on the VO
It's is Ziricote. It's one of those woods that doesn't look that great in my basement (where I have my main setup), but get it into some natural light and it's a stunner.

I'll be working on the Ultra Perf update tomorrow.

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #9,072 of 9,535
It's is Ziricote.
Doh, just realized that you’d already specified that. Was too distracted by your photo 🤤

I'll be working on the Ultra Perf update tomorrow.
I placed an order for a Blackwood VO, and added the ultra perf and Be2 as my extras.

Those ultra perfs have to be some of the most comfy pads I’ve ever worn.

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #9,073 of 9,535
Doh, just realized that you’d already specified that. Was too distracted by your photo 🤤

I placed an order for a Blackwood VO, and added the ultra perf and Be2 as my extras.

Those ultra perfs have to be some of the most comfy pads I’ve ever worn.
BE2 sounds great with the VO so it is a great choice as an extra pad!

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #9,075 of 9,535
How is the durability of the Pad Be2
Admittedly I do swap between many headphones but had no issues with it wearing out fast. But I have many headphones and I do not daily drive my VO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back