ZMF Verite Open
Nov 25, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #9,091 of 9,561
Sorry guys (and gals).... I'm brand new here after just securing my very first pair of ZMFs!! I've demoed Auteur Classic, Aeolus, Atrium Open and Caldera (for a week at home) and absolutely loved them all. But I just bought VO B-stock without trying first (yes I know - silly) but have been told just how
good they are!! These are them below (in oz $$). I cannot wait to hear them and read your impressions!! I listen to rock/metal and a little classical/instrumental. I've wanted ZMFs for a long time now.
I have no question that you'll also love the VO if you love the others. Many other headphones have come and gone since my first one 4 years ago but they remain my favorite dynamic. While the Caldera has surpassed it for me, every time I put the VO on I never feel anything is lacking in comparision. Just a different flavor.

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #9,092 of 9,561
Exactly right… I use my Verité Closed for jazz and folk, and used my Eikon for rock, pop, EDM, and rap. Now the Atrium Closed is taking over that position.

Will the Eikon keep its place in the small collection? Only time will tell. But I have a real soft spot for it, as it’s a really good all-around headphone…
Meanwhile, I recently picked up an Eikon despite already owning an Olive AC. 🫒

IMG_1778.jpeg

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #9,093 of 9,561
I have no question that you'll also love the VO if you love the others. Many other headphones have come and gone since my first one 4 years ago but they remain my favorite dynamic. While the Caldera has surpassed it for me, every time I put the VO on I never feel anything is lacking in comparision. Just a different flavor.
I assume the VOs will be good for metal/rock too as they are quick (as opposed to the Atriums)? I have a friend who has AOs and VCs and says his VCs are sublime and he doesn't listen to the AOs much at all.

Nov 26, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #9,094 of 9,561
I assume the VOs will be good for metal/rock too as they are quick (as opposed to the Atriums)? I have a friend who has AOs and VCs and says his VCs are sublime and he doesn't listen to the AOs much at all.
Yes VO has fast speed that is good for metal ( i listen to rock and metal a lot with VO too )

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #9,095 of 9,561
Yes VO has fast speed that is good for metal ( i listen to rock and metal a lot with VO too )
That's exactly what I wanted to hear thanks mate!!! That's the info I had been given. Cheers bud!!

Nov 26, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #9,096 of 9,561
Sorry guys (and gals).... I'm brand new here after just securing my very first pair of ZMFs!! I've demoed Auteur Classic, Aeolus, Atrium Open and Caldera (for a week at home) and absolutely loved them all. But I just bought VO B-stock without trying first (yes I know - silly) but have been told just how
good they are!! These are them below (in oz $$). I cannot wait to hear them and read your impressions!! I listen to rock/metal and a little classical/instrumental. I've wanted ZMFs for a long time now.
Congrats on your purchase. These are the most unique sounding headphone I've heard in my time here and my listening consist of mostly rock which the VO performs admirably. It is very different from the rest of the headphones you've heard so hopefully you'll be able to appreciate them as much as you do the other models.

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #9,097 of 9,561
Not mine, but today is Verite day for me (got loaned from friend). Tried to do some rolling pads, and (not surprise) my preference still with BE2. It's just simply sound "correct" through all spectrum. Combination of being dense, smooth, and "immediate" sounding are really win win result.

This Verite still use the old headband (smaller size and without crescent strap), but the weight distribution still quite ok anyway.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #9,098 of 9,561
Congrats on your purchase. These are the most unique sounding headphone I've heard in my time here and my listening consist of mostly rock which the VO performs admirably. It is very different from the rest of the headphones you've heard so hopefully you'll be able to appreciate them as much as you do the other models.
Thanks mate. I’m sure I will love them! I have a couple of otc tube amps and am getting my first otl in the new year so I’m sure I’ll be able to find a perfect synergy for them.

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #9,099 of 9,561
Not mine, but today is Verite day for me (got loaned from friend). Tried to do some rolling pads, and (not surprise) my preference still with BE2. It's just simply sound "correct" through all spectrum. Combination of being dense, smooth, and "immediate" sounding are really win win result.

This Verite still use the old headband (smaller size and without crescent strap), but the weight distribution still quite ok anyway.
It is the perfect middle ground Pads, at first i still prefer Verite pads for that more forward and snappy sounds but overtime my preference also leaning towards BE2

Nov 26, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #9,100 of 9,561

Team BE2! When you know, you know.

Nov 27, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #9,102 of 9,561
The ZMF website has the B-stock ultra perforated Verite pads, anyone try these out? How are they compared to the be2 lambskins?
I don't believe many of these were made. I've never even heard them. @zach915m

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #9,104 of 9,561
The ZMF website has the B-stock ultra perforated Verite pads, anyone try these out? How are they compared to the be2 lambskins?
I have no idea, so I just ordered them, because why not? Had to finally get something this ZMF November!!! :beyersmile:

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #9,105 of 9,561
I have no idea, so I just ordered them, because why not? Had to finally get something this ZMF November!!! :beyersmile:
That was me last year. I felt left out so I got some B-stock pads. Might pick up a few more this year because you need to try them all, right? What’s the correct pad to headphone ratio? 3 sets? 4 sets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back