ZMF Verite Open
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #7,786 of 9,529
Last weekend, I heard the absolute best pairing of my VO with the most incredible tube amp- The Linear Tube Audio MZ3. I was at a loss for words, it was so good. As a result, this amp is my next purchase and will be my endgame setup.

z3Ziqbn.jpg

Jul 20, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #7,787 of 9,529
Last weekend, I heard the absolute best pairing of my VO with the most incredible tube amp- The Linear Tube Audio MZ3. I was at a loss for words, it was so good. As a result, this amp is my next purchase and will be my endgame setup.

z3Ziqbn.jpg
Endgame, huh? That's what they all say. 😉

Jul 21, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #7,788 of 9,529

z3Ziqbn.jpg

Could you describe how this amp compares to Crack versus VO?

Jul 21, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #7,789 of 9,529
Jul 21, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #7,790 of 9,529
Well, after I purchase, my wife will kill me, so that's technically the end.

When I tell my wife my last purchase is “endgame” she just rolls her eyes at me and says yeah sure it is.

Jul 21, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #7,791 of 9,529
Could you describe how this amp compares to Crack versus VO?
I have the BHC speedball and run really good NOS tubes (GEC 6080, Tung Sol 5998, RCA clear top 12au7, etc.) and it's a good setup.

The LTA MZ3 to me, is a completely different level. It should be at 10x the cost, but putting cost aside, the main differences noted on the MZ3:

Bass has superb extension and is very tight. There is a visceral presence/resonance to the low end that I can feel and it's so precise, where on the BHC is not well-defined. Midrange is also very detailed and vocals shine through quite nicely. It's no mid-forward, but really balanced. The upper midrange and high frequencies are really what sold me. The detail, separation, and crispness of the high end is amazing. I can hear strings bright and clear, percussion like cymbals, chimes, etc. sound very defined. I can hear the snap of the nylon tip of a drum stick on the mylar drum heads. The detail is super realistic, but not fatiguing or analytical. The upper midrange and highs on the BHC do not have anywhere near this level of clarity, definition, or crispness.

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #7,792 of 9,529
I have the BHC speedball and run really good NOS tubes (GEC 6080, Tung Sol 5998, RCA clear top 12au7, etc.) and it's a good setup.

The LTA MZ3 to me, is a completely different level. It should be at 10x the cost, but putting cost aside, the main differences noted on the MZ3:

Bass has superb extension and is very tight. There is a visceral presence/resonance to the low end that I can feel and it's so precise, where on the BHC is not well-defined. Midrange is also very detailed and vocals shine through quite nicely. It's no mid-forward, but really balanced. The upper midrange and high frequencies are really what sold me. The detail, separation, and crispness of the high end is amazing. I can hear strings bright and clear, percussion like cymbals, chimes, etc. sound very defined. I can hear the snap of the nylon tip of a drum stick on the mylar drum heads. The detail is super realistic, but not fatiguing or analytical. The upper midrange and highs on the BHC do not have anywhere near this level of clarity, definition, or crispness.

Any chance you ever compared MZ3 with Cayin HA300 Mk2?

Jul 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #7,793 of 9,529
Any chance you ever compared MZ3 with Cayin HA300 Mk2?
I have not, unfortunately. I know that @zach915m could probably answer- He bought an LTA MZ2 a while back and posted positive results/synergy with ZMF cans, but not sure if he's heard the incredible MZ3 yet.

Jul 21, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #7,794 of 9,529
I have not, unfortunately. I know that @zach915m could probably answer- He bought an LTA MZ2 a while back and posted positive results/synergy with ZMF cans, but not sure if he's heard the incredible MZ3 yet.

Paging @jonathan c

He owns an MZ3, multiple ZMF’s although the Verite is missing from his lineup. He should be able to answer your question on the synergy at least.

(Maybe I’ll have to bring my VO over to Jonathan’s when it arrives for a more detailed analysis)

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #7,795 of 9,529
Paging @jonathan c

He owns an MZ3, multiple ZMF’s although the Verite is missing from his lineup. He should be able to answer your question on the synergy at least.

(Maybe I’ll have to bring my VO over to Jonathan’s when it arrives for a more detailed analysis)
Oh, there's no question about synergy. Both my ZMF cans (VO and Auteur) pair extremely well both the MZ2 and MZ3 and I will be purchasing the MZ3. I believe the question above from @TheMiddleSky was about the MZ3 vs. Cayin, which is where I suggested @zach915m answer, as he may know both amps.

Jul 22, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #7,796 of 9,529

Did you get to roll valve drives type 6sn7, l63, 6c5g, 6j5g(t) and 6f8g?

I ask this because the mid and high range of the Veritè improves considerably with valves like: Fivre 6c5g, GEC L63, Tung-Sol 6j5g, Tung-Sol 6f8g BGRP, Melz 1578, Brimar 6sn7gt.

Jul 22, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #7,797 of 9,529
Did you get to roll valve drives type 6sn7, l63, 6c5g, 6j5g(t) and 6f8g?

I ask this because the mid and high range of the Veritè improves considerably with valves like: Fivre 6c5g, GEC L63, Tung-Sol 6j5g, Tung-Sol 6f8g BGRP, Melz 1578, Brimar 6sn7gt.
These are all preamp tubes, correct? I have only tried dual triode 12au7 types. Can you advise what adapter is needed to try these tubes you've mentioned?

Jul 22, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #7,798 of 9,529
Friday Night Lights featuring the VO and GOTL

PXL_20220723_021932690.NIGHT.jpg

Jul 23, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #7,800 of 9,529

Users who are viewing this thread

Back