ZMF Verite Open
Jul 17, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #7,756 of 9,535
In a matter of a couple days, I sold my stabilized epoxy VC and secured my top pick from the Verite drop - Ferric. Looks like I’m joining team VO

I’m blown away I scored my top pick, it’s an absolute stunner.

1911AF91-15E9-4E31-937A-DD2D2F2935AB.jpeg

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #7,757 of 9,535
Hi All, just have a question on Your experience with copper cables for VO. I have been using FAW noir hybrid cable but just have tried Verite's stock copper cable (the sleeved one with 6,35 jack). It is really good and i like it better than FAW. It seems smoother and more airy (?). Obviously it is all subjective, but it was quite surprising for me as FAW is a nice upgrade cable. It seems to me that copper upgrade cable is something i should look for.

I see people use the following copper upgrade cables: Zmf 2k/norne audio drausk/ viking wave cables ansuz.
I would be gratefull for sharing any views on how those cables compare to the zmf Verite stock cable or for any other reccomendations for copper cables. Maybe it does not make sense to upgrade the cable? The stock one seems really good, but i have had no chance to compare it to other copper cables.

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #7,759 of 9,535
Bison strap and dark amber chassis really suit the cup design. Nice choice!

And I’ll be pairing it with a Verite Silver 4-strand cable with the coffee splitter. It’s really going to pop

Now the waiting begins

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #7,760 of 9,535
I can’t believe “Nightstorm” hasn’t sold! I’m not usually a fan of the purple ZMFs, but this one is amazing.

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #7,761 of 9,535
And I’ll be pairing it with a Verite Silver 4-strand cable with the coffee splitter. It’s really going to pop

Sounds like a plan. A great one at that!

Now the waiting begins

I know the feeling but at least they aren't custom made. Lets pray for quick deliveries. :pray:

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #7,762 of 9,535
I can’t believe “Nightstorm” hasn’t sold! I’m not usually a fan of the purple ZMFs, but this one is amazing.

Same. I honestly surprised Dread is still available as well. There are a handful of my top picks still out there

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #7,763 of 9,535
Hi All, just have a question on Your experience with copper cables for VO. I have been using FAW noir hybrid cable but just have tried Verite's stock copper cable (the sleeved one with 6,35 jack). It is really good and i like it better than FAW. It seems smoother and more airy (?). Obviously it is all subjective, but it was quite surprising for me as FAW is a nice upgrade cable. It seems to me that copper upgrade cable is something i should look for.

I see people use the following copper upgrade cables: Zmf 2k/norne audio drausk/ viking wave cables ansuz.
I would be gratefull for sharing any views on how those cables compare to the zmf Verite stock cable or for any other reccomendations for copper cables. Maybe it does not make sense to upgrade the cable? The stock one seems really good, but i have had no chance to compare it to other copper cables.
I use the LQI Voda cable with my Verite (and Eikon and Autuer). Its constructed from ultra pure Ohno continuous cast copper. Its an outstanding match with the Verite imho. I prefer this cable by a large margin over the stock and upgrade ofc copper ZMF cables. I also prefer it to the ZMF Lektrik silver cable and a copper Hart Audio cable I have.

I also have a LQI Esprit cable that is made from silver plated copper. Its a great cable also and I actually prefer the Esprit with the Aeolus and Atticus since the silver plated copper has a little more sparkle in the highs. For the Verite, Eikon, and Autuer I prefer the slightly smoother highs that the all copper Voda provides (I also use a LQI Voda with the HD800 and it does a great job of taming the highs and giving it a fuller sound overall). They are both great cables and offer outstanding performance for the price. I feel no need to upgrade over either one of these cables.

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #7,764 of 9,535
I use the LQI Voda cable with my Verite (and Eikon and Autuer). Its constructed from ultra pure Ohno continuous cast copper. Its an outstanding match with the Verite imho. I prefer this cable by a large margin over the stock and upgrade ofc copper ZMF cables.
Many thanks, i have not heard about those cables. By upgrade ofc zmf cables You also mean zmf 2k? It is much more expensive than LQI.

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #7,765 of 9,535
Many thanks, i have not heard about those cables. By upgrade ofc zmf cables You also mean zmf 2k? It is much more expensive than LQI.
No problem. The ZMF ofc cable I was referring to where the ones that are the next step up from stock not the ZMF 2K. I have not heard the ZMF 2K cable but I bet they are quite nice. I do enjoy the ZMF Lektrik S cable I have but I think both LQI cables are a step up over the Lektrik S in terms of sound quality. Sound is a personal thing though so ymmv. Regardless LQI cables offer great value for their price points. https://lqicables.com/

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #7,766 of 9,535
No problem. The ZMF ofc cable I was referring to where the ones that are the next step up from stock not the ZMF 2K. I have not heard the ZMF 2K cable but I bet they are quite nice. I do enjoy the ZMF Lektrik S cable I have but I think both LQI cables I have are a step up over the Lektrik S in terms of sound quality. Sound is a personal thing though so ymmv. Regardless LQI cables offer great value for their price points. https://lqicables.com/
Thanks a lot. I am considering zmf 2k, but i am not really convinced. Will look into LQI, thanks again.

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #7,767 of 9,535
For all our cables we try to lean towards the thinnest possible wire with the most strands as it's what I personally feel like sounds best (lower resistance) The 2k is just kind of the opitomy of that with the 513 strands per wire and over 2000 in the cable.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 17, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #7,768 of 9,535
For all our cables we try to lean towards the thinnest possible wire with the most strands as it's what I personally feel like sounds best (lower resistance) The 2k is just kind of the opitomy of that with the 513 strands per wire and over 2000 in the cable.
I would love to try the 2k cable (particularly copper). Its definitely beautifully constructed. Maybe when I finally order my Atrium.......one day (still saving for it but it will happen! Lol!).

Jul 17, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #7,769 of 9,535
I have not heard the other cables being mentioned, but I have the 2k copper cable and it is a clear step up in sonics and aesthetics from the stock cable. I also have the silver lectrik cable which I use on the VO That one I like as well. The 2k is smoother and the lectrik adds a bit of zip

Jul 17, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #7,770 of 9,535
I prefer my 2K Copper cable on my Auteur over the OFC cable. Strangely enough, on my Meze Elite, I prefer the OFC cable over the 2K Copper. Synergy plays a part in this kind of thing as well as personal preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back