ZMF Verite Open
Nov 18, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #7,051 of 9,511
I see, thanks for your opinion.

For me Elite actually surprised me by a lot. Got loaned for few days, I think I may change Diana Phi to Elite, it is that good. Wondering what LCD-5 able to compete to Elite though.

Verite remain special with their woody tonality and dynamic driver character.
Can You compare Elite to VO?

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #7,052 of 9,511
After a few days listening to my new VO Blackwood non stop, my first impression is how absolutely different it sounds than my Clear Mg.

I never thought I'd say this about the Clear, but the VO makes the Clear sound a little thin by comparison. The Clear definitely has more sub-bass and punches noticeably harder down low, yet the VO seems to have more body in the lower mids presented in such an encompassing way that it breathes fullness into the music. Maybe this is due to some of the 'holographic' effect others describe? Whatever it is, it makes the Clear sound lifeless by comparison (on some tracks).

That said! The Clear sounds more "cinematic" while the VO sounds "romantic". I prefer the Clear on very fast/ dynamic/ busy tracks (basically harder/ fun EDM). The album Inner G by Zebber Encanti Experience is the perfect example of music the Clear excels at. Otherwise I prefer the VO for all other types of music so far.

Vocals are actually a toss up between the two, they sound spectacular on both.

Overall I'm impressed by how "cozy" the VO sounds, it's a headphone you can sink into and listen all day. It never demands your attention, a quality I respect very much.

It is everything I was hoping for and more. ~

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #7,053 of 9,511
After a few days listening to my new VO Blackwood non stop, my first impression is how absolutely different it sounds than my Clear Mg.

I never thought I'd say this about the Clear, but the VO makes the Clear sound a little thin by comparison. The Clear definitely has more sub-bass and punches noticeably harder down low, yet the VO seems to have more body in the lower mids presented in such an encompassing way that it breathes fullness into the music. Maybe this is due to some of the 'holographic' effect others describe? Whatever it is, it makes the Clear sound lifeless by comparison (on some tracks).

That said! The Clear sounds more "cinematic" while the VO sounds "romantic". I prefer the Clear on very fast/ dynamic/ busy tracks (basically harder/ fun EDM). The album Inner G by Zebber Encanti Experience is the perfect example of music the Clear excels at. Otherwise I prefer the VO for all other types of music so far.

Vocals are actually a toss up between the two, they sound spectacular on both.

Overall I'm impressed by how "cozy" the VO sounds, it's a headphone you can sink into and listen all day. It never demands your attention, a quality I respect very much.

It is everything I was hoping for and more. ~
Take Your time with listening. From my experience Verite needs burning in. When I received mine a couple of weeks ago they sounded dull. I was even a bit disappointed:) Now they sound as they should, i.e. awesome:)

Nov 19, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #7,055 of 9,511
Look like BE2 to me.
Easier to tell if you look at them from the side next to each other. Also bust out a colored marker and tag the inside mounting lip after you figure them out.

Nov 19, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #7,057 of 9,511
I am interested in the VMF verite open and auteur, I will use it with the WA2 amp. I love the HD650 but the narrow soundstage and bass is something I want to improved upon on with the new ZMF headphone, should I upgrade to verite open or auteur?

Nov 19, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #7,058 of 9,511
I am interested in the VMF verite open and auteur, I will use it with the WA2 amp. I love the HD650 but the narrow soundstage and bass is something I want to improved upon on with the new ZMF headphone, should I upgrade to verite open or auteur?
Verite Open. Not sure why, my auteur sounds not as open as i had hoped and i can honestly compare it to the soundstage of my Verite Closed. the VO is realy open and holographic/3d. If you enjoy mids and intimate vocals, then i would recommend the auteur.

Nov 19, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #7,059 of 9,511
I had an Aeolus first, but decided I needed a closed-back for my listening environment at home. I moved to the VC thinking I would have to avoid open-backs until my kids got older.

It wasn’t just the need for isolation from the noise in my house, I also had issues with sound leakage from the Aeolus. My wife claimed she could hear my music playing at night even though I was in a different room. Obviously, I have no such problems with the VC.

Now I have an Auteur, and I find it doesn’t seem to leak as much sound as the Aeolus, so I’ve been able to enjoy them at night without disturbing any of my family members. How does the Verite fare in this department? Does it leak a lot of sound out that others can hear? If it’s comparable to the Auteur, I might be able to get one eventually.

@zach915m You are bound to have the most complete understanding of your collection of headphones. How does the sound leakage compare amongst your open-back models?

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #7,061 of 9,511
IIRC Zach has said that the VO is the most "open" open backed headphone ZMF has produced to date. IME the VO leaks at least as much sound as the Aeolus, perhaps more.
Good to know. Looks like I won’t be getting a Verite any time soon then. Most of my listening is after the kids and wife go to sleep, so I need to keep the music to myself. The VC and Auteur are a great combo though, so I’ll be just fine.

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #7,062 of 9,511
Good to know. Looks like I won’t be getting a Verite any time soon then. Most of my listening is after the kids and wife go to sleep, so I need to keep the music to myself. The VC and Auteur are a great combo though, so I’ll be just fine.
Indeed they are! Is there any particular reason you're thinking of going for a VO....anything you don't like about the VC or something else?

Nov 19, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #7,063 of 9,511
Indeed they are! Is there any particular reason you're thinking of going for a VO....anything you don't like about the VC or something else?
To be honest, it’s for almost purely aesthetic reasons. I just love the Blackwood and Zircote Verites with stainless steel rods and grills. The super dark wood contrasting with the silver accents looks so attractive to me. There’s nothing missing from the sound of my VC and Auteur that makes me think I need the Verite for any practical reason.

The fact that there are a bunch of B-stocks available in this wood/hardware combination was really tempting me. I’m glad I have an excuse to stop buying more headphones! Excessive sound leakage is thankfully a deal-breaker for my situation.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #7,064 of 9,511
Just a reminder to anyone subbed to this thread the Epoxy goes live in 5 mins from this post:

Link Here.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 20, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #7,065 of 9,511
Oh man! I thought the sale was going live at @11 CST, not 10 CST.
Was thinking, hey I really like my Aeolus... but a Verite Open/Closed would be awesome! :)
They're all gone already! :triportsad:
Oh well! Guess my wallet will thank me! 💸

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back