ZMF Verite Open
Nov 14, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #7,036 of 9,534
I have! I seem to pull up that comment on a weekly basis haha. It makes me think I need to throw on my Vérité pads or buy a BE2 Perf Lambskin, but then I'm not sure what the best contrasting pad would be on a VC. I was just hoping to gather more input, although the long-timers here may be tired of the pad talk.
I just switched back to the BE2 pads because I did some tube rolling on my Glenn. Had been using the Uni pads for awhile.

I did a VC pad review, but it was a while ago. Also not all the pads were released at the time it was completed. I remember really liking the hybrids.

Unfortunately there's so many factors like personal preference and someone's gear/setup, etc. Best way is just to try them yourself if you can. Zach should start releasing limited edition pads. Collect them all!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #7,037 of 9,534
Now that my collection is 3 ZMF I need more stands from Zmf I hope they bring back soon. Waiting for pads I just got from classifieds. Current favorite Verite sued. Verite sued keeps the bass and seems more spacious.

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #7,038 of 9,534
They are gorgeous and I am thinking of ordering a pair as I already own a pair of VC. My only concern is the weight as they seem to be pretty heavy which means for short-term listening only.
I was concerned about the weight as well, and while they are slightly on the heavier side, they are more comfortable on my head than my lighter Clear MGs (400g vs 600g).

I think a lot of headphone comfort comes down to good posture as well, either sitting up straight or resting your head properly when at an angle. I'm also of the opinion that if my neck hurts then I just need to work out more.

Nov 15, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #7,039 of 9,534
Now that my collection is 3 ZMF I need more stands from Zmf I hope they bring back soon. Waiting for pads I just got from classifieds. Current favorite Verite sued. Verite sued keeps the bass and seems more spacious.
Curious if you meant BE-2 suede, as I don't think there is a suede Verite pad, though the BE-2 would be close to that if there was one.

Nov 15, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #7,040 of 9,534

What do yo think about LCD-5 and Verite open? Especially since you're no longer have Abyss, make me even more curious about LCD-5.

Nov 15, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #7,041 of 9,534
Curious if you meant BE-2 suede, as I don't think there is a suede Verite pad, though the BE-2 would be close to that if there was one.
The two pads I got with VO might be be-2. It was a classified purchase so didn't pay attention to the pads. My heart was on the headphone alone it's really nice looking. I'll check it out later and report back. It does have the thicker Speaker cloth

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #7,042 of 9,534
A few months ago I was interested in the VO as a possible upgrade from Empyrean, and got as far as modding a spare amp with a suitable output transformer for the 300 ohm VO; but that was as far as I got.
Yesterday I saw one on ebay UK and that was it.
After trying them, I look forward to getting some better output transformers, and also I'll consider making a valve OTL amp for them.

I see a fair bit of fun coming up!

Nov 16, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #7,043 of 9,534
What do yo think about LCD-5 and Verite open? Especially since you're no longer have Abyss, make me even more curious about LCD-5.
I just put the 5 in my sig I'm waiting in line so hopefully I get later this week or next. VO doesn't do crystal highs in a artificial, they are more natural. I like both but can't use a ZMF in general if I'm on a more artificial (digital sounding) headphone as it tells my Brian it's dull. So I'll listen at low volume until I adjust to the tonality. So Elite gets close to natural highs so that's a easier transition. I don't know what to expect.

Nov 16, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #7,044 of 9,534
I just put the 5 in my sig I'm waiting in line so hopefully I get later this week or next. VO doesn't do crystal highs in a artificial, they are more natural. I like both but can't use a ZMF in general if I'm on a more artificial (digital sounding) headphone as it tells my Brian it's dull. So I'll listen at low volume until I adjust to the tonality. So Elite gets close to natural highs so that's a easier transition. I don't know what to expect.
I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who gets so excited about new gear I list it in my sig as soon as I order it. lol

Nov 17, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #7,045 of 9,534
Need help to identify these earpads for my VO. I can not identify the ones that i installed on the headphones, the two on top are Universe and Verite. They look like the Auteur but they are not.

1117210951.jpg
1117210950.jpg
1117210953.jpg

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #7,046 of 9,534
Need help to identify these earpads for my VO. I can not identify the ones that i installed on the headphones, the two on top are Universe and Verite. They look like the Auteur but they are not.

1117210951.jpg1117210950.jpg1117210953.jpg
Look like BE2 to me.

Nov 17, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #7,048 of 9,534
I see, thanks for your opinion.

For me Elite actually surprised me by a lot. Got loaned for few days, I think I may change Diana Phi to Elite, it is that good. Wondering what LCD-5 able to compete to Elite though.

Verite remain special with their woody tonality and dynamic driver character.

Nov 17, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #7,049 of 9,534
I see, thanks for your opinion.

For me Elite actually surprised me by a lot. Got loaned for few days, I think I may change Diana Phi to Elite, it is that good. Wondering what LCD-5 able to compete to Elite though.

Verite remain special with their woody tonality and dynamic driver character.
I'm waiting for LCD 5 and Diana TC so I'll be able to test. If the 5 is better to my ears may let the Elite go and am keeping the new Liric as my Meze headphone. But live the Elite so I doubt I'd follow through. My VO and VC stay as my standard dynamic headphones. Tough selling was putting up my totally fun TH900 Modded headphones but the ZMF is just better sound minus the huge bass slam og the 900's.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #7,050 of 9,534
I'm waiting for LCD 5 and Diana TC so I'll be able to test. If the 5 is better to my ears may let the Elite go and am keeping the new Liric as my Meze headphone. But live the Elite so I doubt I'd follow through. My VO and VC stay as my standard dynamic headphones. Tough selling was putting up my totally fun TH900 Modded headphones but the ZMF is just better sound minus the huge bass slam og the 900's.
Same, waiting for able to try LCD-5 at December before pull any trigger. But I still think Elite is really solid option. I like it more than LCD-4Z as Elite has better imaging and produce more soul into music.

TH900 is one fine headphone that I always fail to enjoy. Too bright, too v-shape. Verite Close is way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back