ZMF Verite Open
Nov 11, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #7,006 of 9,521
Pad swapping is a wonderful thing. I did check out that eBay listing for the heck of it. It's just a relatively common thought that the VC isn't a veiled sounding headphone, but it's cool that pad swapping makes it better for you and you shared. Can stock up on those too. Audio is all very personal.
Totally agree though, pad swapping is super fun and ZMF threads I follow don’t seem to have much talk about pad swapping outside of ZMF brand pads. Too many options already!! 🙈🙉

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #7,007 of 9,521
I love my VC but my VO sounding more "open" makes a positive difference, albeit a very very subtle one. My VC are for isolation purposes when my family is awake. I'm going to be listing a pair of Camphor Burl/Brass VO soon that I bought from AVexchange on Reddit a few months back. I have a new pair with Sapele/Copper I love the hell out of. The ZMF November sets look BEAUTIFUL and are tempting me as well..

Attachments

• 20211111_192347.jpg
    20211111_192347.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #7,008 of 9,521
The african blackwood that ZMF has in the VO is stunning. That wins me over the stabilized.

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #7,009 of 9,521
I love my VC but my VO sounding more "open" makes a positive difference, albeit a very very subtle one. My VC are for isolation purposes when my family is awake. I'm going to be listing a pair of Camphor Burl/Brass VO soon that I bought from AVexchange on Reddit a few months back. I have a new pair with Sapele/Copper I love the hell out of. The ZMF November sets look BEAUTIFUL and are tempting me as well..
Gorgeous pairs of cans!

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #7,010 of 9,521
Btw, coming from Abyss, actually it's understandable to call Verite produce more "veil" in their sound. Of course VO and VC still quite clearer sounding than most headphone out there.

They look beautiful...and the Rose Gold (I'm assuming) is a nice compliment as well!
Yes, that one is rose gold, quite apparent when hit by the strong light. At dim room, looks like brass/aged copper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #7,011 of 9,521
Btw, coming from Abyss, actually it's understandable to call Verite produce more "veil" in their sound. Of course VO and VC still quite clearer sounding than most headphone out there.

Yes, that one is rose gold, quite apparent when hit by the strong light. At dim room, looks like brass/aged copper.
I purchased a beautiful set off the classifieds. Too me they are awesome like my old camphor burl VO I had.

Nov 12, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #7,012 of 9,521
We've removed some posts that were getting a bit too heated or argumentative from the thread, and we want to thank everyone whose posts are within Head-Fi's community guidelines. Thank you for helping keep the thread on-topic, we greatly appreciate it. Now back to the ZMF Verite.

Thanks again, everyone.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #7,013 of 9,521
So this pic made it hard not buy these. Good news arriving tomorrow.😀
1636769124212.png

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #7,014 of 9,521
Verite1.jpg

verite2.jpg

Look what just came in the mail!

The African Blackwood looks amazing with the rose gold. I'm so impressed by its ability to change appearance based on angle, from black black to brown.

Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about the new metal-matched cable connectors! I got them on my Lektrik S and they really tie the whole thing together.

I'm blown away by the looks and sound!!

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #7,015 of 9,521
Verite1.jpg

verite2.jpg

Look what just came in the mail!

The African Blackwood looks amazing with the rose gold. I'm so impressed by its ability to change appearance based on angle, from black black to brown.

Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk about the new metal-matched cable connectors! I got them on my Lektrik S and they really tie the whole thing together.

I'm blown away by the looks and sound!!
Gorgeous!! nice pics too...

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #7,019 of 9,521

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #7,020 of 9,521

The thing i like about Zach and Bevin is that they dont come off as salesman. To me, they are just like us, Nerds. Music nerds, engineer nerds, electronic nerds. Simple people who love and enjoy music. In any video, zach and bevin are so enthusiastic about their product. It never seems like they are just trying to sell their expensive headphones, rather they are trying to share their headphones with the community, the same way one of us would love to share something we like with our loved ones. Being a boutique headphone company, once can tell just how much personal touch and hours that goes behind producing a single headphone. Every time I hold my Camphor Burl VC, I can only imagine that Zach and his team and Bevin also held the same set of cans at their shop and thus it becomes a little personal for me. Dont get me wrong though, I do own several mass produced "factory/machine" built headphones that i love but theres just something about ZMF that makes me feel happy knowing that a fellow Nerd and Nerdess (sincere compliments) made this headphone, just for me. Its a very unique experience.

Also, I like zmf headphones because they are just so damn beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back