ZMF Verite Open
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #4,441 of 9,535
Hi guys, any idea how to clean up verite pad? Got secondhand, with dual pair of verite pad. One of them is a bit smelly, already tried to clean it with some kind of leather cleaner (liquid thing). It does reduce the smell, but it's still there.

Should I just completely wash them with water and soap instead?

Yikes. Pads make direct contact with your skin, so if they smell, I would immediately throw that out.

Idk if it's applicable for your situation, but perhaps you could make a claim from your seller for compensation. New ZMF pads are like $60+, I believe.

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,442 of 9,535
Are protests disrupting Pendant shipping as well? I ordered my Pendant when it said shipping ETA was 1-2 weeks. It has been over 4 weeks now and no word about when mine will arrive.
Screw it then. I will never buy anything from this guy again. Give him a total of $5000 and he thinks it is fine to ship things weeks after he says he will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 12, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #4,443 of 9,535
Yikes. Pads make direct contact with your skin, so if they smell, I would immediately throw that out.

Idk if it's applicable for your situation, but perhaps you could make a claim from your seller for compensation. New ZMF pads are like $60+, I believe.

Haha, thought about that too, but at $70, I think I will give it a second chance if only a little effort needed to remove the smell. He did mention it, so no problem with the transaction. Luckily there's a pair of spare pad.

Tried with universe leather perforated too, but too warm sounding with a bit boomy mid bass and recessed vocal.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #4,444 of 9,535
@Sonic Fields
Many small audio company that produces custom one of a kind products may have dates that were estimated for shipping slip. I understand reading and researching a nice piece of audio gear, finally placing an order with an expectation of fast delivery and then waiting. I have had emails with Zach at crazy hours like 2-4 am so I know he and his team are going full tilt to make hp that are not only beautiful but sound great!

I can assure you that it was not intentional and your ZMF gear will be worth the wait.

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #4,445 of 9,535
Screw it then. I will never buy anything from this guy again. Give him a total of $5000 and he thinks it is fine to ship things weeks after he says he will.
@Sonic Fields Current ship times are estimated at 3-6 weeks, there are so many variables that have affected country and the logistic chain is often the unseen item. While each of us have different priorities, having to wait a little longer for a luxury item a little longer than expected should be tolerable for now. My suggestion, reach out to him directly to @zach915m and give him the courtesy to respond rather than vent to people who have no control over the situation. We need to treat each other with a bit more respect, and given the rapidly changing dynamics we have faced in the US it doesn’t hurt to show a little compassion and respect, and of course patience.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #4,447 of 9,535
Hi guys, any idea how to clean up verite pad? Got secondhand, with dual pair of verite pad. One of them is a bit smelly, already tried to clean it with some kind of leather cleaner (liquid thing). It does reduce the smell, but it's still there.

Should I just completely wash them with water and soap instead?

I'd wipe them down with water and a natural type soap. Then throw them in a sealed Ziploc bag with a dryer sheet for a week. If they still stink after that, you might be out of luck...

Jun 12, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #4,449 of 9,535
The pendants were being fresh made by ampsandsound recently as I got mine shipped directly from them so yours is probably on its way to ZMF and then will ship from there. If you have not talked to Zach directly reach out to him he is a great dude who will work with you. No reason for your outburst if you haven't even tried checking on things.

edit: to add mine was ordered about 5 weeks ago and showed up yesterday so i assume yours is not far behind.

Jun 12, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #4,451 of 9,535
Can anyone recommend totl iem's with a similar sound signature as the Vetítés?

I haven't received my Verite yet, but if you're after warmish, full and rich sound, good soundstage (for IEM), impactful bass, and musical, I recommend IER-Z1R. If you can get past the fit/tip rolling issue some folks seem to be struggling with, and the bulkiness, its a wonderful IEM. Superb packaging, first-class build quality, unique aesthetics, and of course, killer sound (for me). I personally would stay away from boutique companies when it comes to IEMs. Far too many overpriced snake oils in that realm if you ask me.

edit: it's also non-fatiguing during extended sessions.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #4,453 of 9,535
And what cables to pair them with... And whether to add the NOS tubes... And what color scheme... And, and, and... 😂

How deep is your pocket? will answer all that.

Jun 12, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #4,454 of 9,535
I'm a long-time lurker, and have been slowly figuring out what my tastes are and what equipment I wanted to buy. I wanted to do a major upgrade, and initially started looking at Audeze. I have since done more research and found ZMF. I like what I am reading, and Zach's story and the rave reviews sealed the deal. I just put in an order for the Camphor Burl Verite Open LTD this evening. I am stoked. I also like supporting local businesses where I can.

I also re-auditioned all of my headphones (many with both my amps) and am going to majorly thin the herd to justify the major expense, but it sounds like the VO is worth it!

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #4,455 of 9,535
And what cables to pair them with... And whether to add the NOS tubes... And what color scheme... And, and, and... 😂
I was almost getting set on open, but then when you mentioned color scheme, I had to reconsider the grill... but then I started thinking if I get an exotic wood, it might be better to get the closed one. And then, what cable? A think a new one just came out. I just got a new set of tubes too, by the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back