ZMF Verite Open
Oct 1, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #3,121 of 9,535
In about +60 hours of burn-in with normal use + EDM when not using them and I can say with confidence that they DO benefit from burn in.

What I noticed is the bass is less intense now and the the staging with the verite pads is enhanced significantly.
I think also they are more detailed/transparent after burn-in, but I am not sure about that maybe it's because the bass is less intense now.

I experienced the same behavior while burning them in. Keep at it and believe it or not, it’ll get better.

Yeah the greatest change I notice too is bass control goes up and bloat goes down. I will have to put my AP rig to use and see what I can measure (if anything) at some-point with burn in.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 2, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #3,122 of 9,535
Just received the Verite in Ziricote tonight. All I can say is that wow, the bass is great on these. The detail is unreal and the soundstage is pretty wide. These are easily the best headphones that I have tried. Great work, @zach915m !!! The attention to detail you put in each of your headphones is bar none.
Pictures below(Potato pictures due to unfavorable lighting) :
EIyrtlA.jpg

RcEq7YF.jpg

Sorry I have no idea how to resize the pictures. They're too large lol

Attachments

• IMG_4147.JPG
    IMG_4147.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #3,123 of 9,535
Just received the Verite in Ziricote tonight. All I can say is that wow, the bass is great on these. The detail is unreal and the soundstage is pretty wide. These are easily the best headphones that I have tried. Great work, @zach915m !!! The attention to detail you put in each of your headphones is bar none.
EIyrtlA.jpg

RcEq7YF.jpg

I use Photoshop Express for phone picture edits and re-sizing. A free app for iOS or Android, pretty easy to use photo editor =) Cheers!

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #3,124 of 9,535
After sending back the review pair of Verite and Eikon, I've been missing the ZMF sound so much I sent Zach an email about a possible Verite purchase. Not sure if it will work out, but...maybe? We shall see. Such great headphones!

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #3,125 of 9,535
EIyrtlA.jpg

RcEq7YF.jpg

Are those copper grils? They look fantastic!

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,126 of 9,535
Are those copper grils? They look fantastic!
Thank you! Yep, they are copper grills. I can't wait until they patina! My unit are actually B-stocks but I couldn't tell that they are. That is why I was able to get the copper fittings for the headphones. I believe when Ziricote was the LTD wood, the copper and rose gold fittings were not available yet.

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #3,127 of 9,535
I was just being a little mean... :wink:
I actually own the HEXv2, which (to my ears and taste) are better than the HEKv2.

Never heard tehe HEK v2. But I have and love the HEX v2. The voicing of that headphone is ideal for me...and the soundstaging is downright spooky--instruments fly all around my head.

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #3,128 of 9,535
I dont have much experience with the Eikon nor the HiFiMan,so I cant really comment directly as to direct comparisons,but I have owned,or heard extensively the VO,Aeolus,Auteur,Atticus,HE500,HE6,Jade 2,Ananda.

What I can say,is if you like the ZMF house sound already,the VC is a must have. IMO its Zach's best creation yet,and by a pretty substantial margin.
I love the VO for trance,and some well mastered slower rock and blues.
I love the Auteur for the same genres and metal as well.

On the VC,I can pick any genre I listen to and not sit there and go "Oh yeah,I need to swap headphones". Its unique blend of musicality,speed,dynamics and precision make it quite spectacular and a true master of all genres.

I know I keep repeating myself by absolutely gushing about the VC,but im just saying what I hear.

Thanks to the efforts of @jinxy245 -- and the generous/flexibility of ZMF et al -- in the coming weeks I'll get an opportunity to hear both the VO & VC in my system. Extended listening, no quickies required.

As I own and love both the Eikon & HEX v2, you can bet I'll compare them to the "V's" ... w/my Ori & a borrowed Aeolus in the mix.

I may end up confused to the point where I need the assistance of a service dog just to get around. But I'm still looking forward to it like crazy.

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,129 of 9,535
Keep Calm And Eat Eucalyptus Leaves

And despite people thinking it makes Koala's drunk or high, it's actually because the leaves lack nutrition and leaves them without much energy.

I wasn't thinking it makes Koalas drunk or high. I was thinking "What IS A DROP BEAR??"

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #3,130 of 9,535
Thanks to the efforts of @jinxy245 -- and the generous/flexibility of ZMF et al -- in the coming weeks I'll get an opportunity to hear both the VO & VC in my system. Extended listening, no quickies required.
Hope your wallet is well padded,cuz its likely to take a big hit....or two. :wink:

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,132 of 9,535
I wasn't thinking it makes Koalas drunk or high. I was thinking "What IS A DROP BEAR??"

It's what happens when they get hangry!

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #3,133 of 9,535

It could be something like this:

Verite Closed - Bear Essentials (1024).jpg

Zach's fashioning and finishing of exotic woods is inarguably impressive; but my wife hacks these bears out with a chainsaw and a propane torch, while chatting with her mother. On the upside, the ZMF pieces sound nicer and are much more comfortable ... with much less risk of burning the house down.

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #3,134 of 9,535
Hope your wallet is well padded,cuz its likely to take a big hit....or two. :wink:

I need a check-up from the neck-up for even thinking of exposing myself to these 2 endgame headphones--at a time when I'm already jonesing for an Aeolus. I'm a repeat offender at the headphone (& headphone amp) rodeo...

Maybe I'll tie myself to the mast, like Odysseus...or "walk the earth--like Caine in Kung Fu."

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,135 of 9,535
It could be something like this:

Zach's fashioning and finishing of exotic woods is inarguably impressive; but my wife hacks these bears out with a chainsaw and a propane torch, while chatting with her mother. On the upside, the ZMF pieces sound nicer and are much more comfortable ... with much less risk of burning the house down.

"...my wife hacks these bears out with a chainsaw and a propane torch, while chatting with her mother"

RUN!!

PS: the darn thing is awfully cute...how on earth can one "do cute" w/a chainsaw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back