ZMF Verite Open
Feb 28, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #1,456 of 9,511
Feb 28, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #1,458 of 9,511
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #1,460 of 9,511
Hello guys.

I just got Verite few days ago and I loved it so happy with the sound.

but I have some concerns with how I should care for them so I don't damage the headphone.

Is it okay to turn on and off amp while Verite is still plugged in? or do I need to plugged in the headphone after the amp is on, and then unplugged the headphone before turning off the amp.

I was worried that I may damage the driver if I keeps turning on/off the amp while the headphone is still plugged in.

My amp is Mjolnir 2, and sorry for my broken english.

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #1,461 of 9,511
Yep, almost choked on my snake oil (I mean coffee) :p

I dont want to derail this thread with ubiquitous cable debate,but I can def hear a difference in cables,but to my ears the difference a good tube roll can make surpasses what a cable can do.
I only have so much cash for this hobby,so I have to pick my spots to maximize the SQ. Now if I had limitless funds as I did in years past,I wouldnt think twice about plunking down 7 large for a cable.

Listening to Morrison Hotel thru my Verites as I type...So,so good!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,462 of 9,511
I dont want to derail this thread with ubiquitous cable debate,but I can def hear a difference in cables,but to my ears the difference a good tube roll can make surpasses what a cable can do.
I only have so much cash for this hobby,so I have to pick my spots to maximize the SQ. Now if I had limitless funds as I did in years past,I wouldnt think twice about plunking down 7 large for a cable.

Listening to Morrison Hotel thru my Verites as I type...So,so good!

Great album :)

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,463 of 9,511
Just got my set. Right out of the box they sound great. Already like them more than my Utopias. Less bass punchiness/impact but the much better soundstage more than makes up for it. Cant wait for the burn in period to end. Jamming out with a yggy/gsx combo right now. Tomorrow I'll swap the Yggy with a benchmark 3 and see which I prefer with them. Definitely the cans I was looking for!

EDIT: Also if Zach reads this, or anyone with experience in the matter. Suggestions for the best way to clean the inevitability of dust building up on the back grills? I have an electric duster I use on my PC parts, but I dont want to mess with the material thats under the grill. These are going to be my cans for a long time to come so I want to take care of them

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #1,465 of 9,511
Awhile back I mentioned that the pheasantwood was darker sounding than the silk loaner I had. Hansotek chimed in and said it was due to harder wood having more damping factor.
I now have a silk version here to compare to my pheasantwood.

Will report back when I have time to do a/b

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #1,467 of 9,511
Awhile back I mentioned that the pheasantwood was darker sounding than the silk loaner I had. Hansotek chimed in and said it was due to harder wood having more damping factor.
I now have a silk version here to compare to my pheasantwood.

Will report back when I have time to do a/b

Looking forward to how that goes, I almost went with silk but I like darker cans overall and the pheasant looks better in person than any of the pics show imo. I'd assume the differences will be very, very minor and youd have to really listen for it.

So far I like the yggy with these cans running off my gsx2 more than the Benchmark 3. The yggy really makes the bass on the Verite perfect for me. Was going to sell my Benchmark 3 but part of me might just hold on to it for whenever Schiit puts out another upgrade option so I have something else I can plug into the gsx while its away.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #1,468 of 9,511
My beautiful pheasantwoods arrived today. My first impression by comparison with my beloved Sony Z1Rs is that the Verités leave them in the dust for jazz, R&B, whereas there is less obvious advantage on orchestral and electronica. Which makes sense, as the first impression is, did I ever hear anything plucked or struck before? The Verités exceed everything I've heard for the combination of attack and finesse (I didn't like Utopias, they sounded thin to me against the Z1Rs, but not these ZMFs.) And listening to complex jazz such as Eric Dolphy's Out to Lunch which I know like the back of my hand through many systems, i can discern the layers, the startling little eruptions so clearly that I want to exclaim outloud, whereas in classical massed strings want to be felt as a single, consistent event, for heft, and the Sonys do that. But what, 100 hours to go before a full fair comparison? Listening balanced to both phones through Sony TA amp.

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #1,469 of 9,511
I'd assume the differences will be very, very minor and youd have to really listen for it.
Not sure about the Verite and wood types, but if the Auteur is anything to go by the differences will be anything but minor. Going from a Teak to a Wenge Auteur is almost like listening to different headphones - and in a good way. Guess it depends what you’re listening for.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back