ZMF Verite Open
Feb 16, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #1,426 of 9,521
First, congratulations! Donald's amps are amazing and being paired with Zach's headphones is a match made in heaven. That blue is beautiful and just pops!

Second, I have to ask what camera did you use to take the picture. It's such a clear shot!

Pixel 3XL. Google put some black magic in that thing.

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #1,427 of 9,521
Feb 17, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #1,428 of 9,521
Holy shirt Zach has created a monsterpiece.

The Verite was the main thing I wanted to hear at CanJam, and it did not disappoint (but it did potentially rearrange some future purchases, that's for sure).

The Verite is utterly hypnotic to my ears. There were a fair number of them at a few tables and setups. The new little Woo SS amp struggled a bit, but sounded pretty good, but on the better amps/DACs it was really an amazing listen for me.

Incredibly fast driver, without piercing my eardrums. I didn't think that could exist, but there it is. Fathomless bass that's well controlled, detailed mids and expressive non fatiguing highs. Add it to a soundstage that seems to expand the more you listen...yes hypnotic is the word for me. Engaging, engrossing hypnotic beauty.

Zach, what have you done?

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #1,429 of 9,521
Feb 17, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #1,430 of 9,521
I was there at the ZMF booth w/@jinxy245. Heard the Verite on the big Glenn amp. I've never heard anything quite like that.

It's easily the fastest headphone I've ever heard...competitive w/electrostats IMO. Tons of detail, but not bright...not at all. Just fast & detailed like nothing else (w/really sensational bass). At 1st listen, the speed almost distracted me from the very cleverly voiced frequency balance of this design: the "ZMF House Sound" at warp speed.

Because of noise levels in the main hall, plus the fact the ZMF booth always overflows w/visitors, I really couldn't hear soundstaging on the Verite. Which is a pity, because the things I actually could hear hint at soundstage capacity that's for the record books.
  • The clarity and speed of the Verite are a mind-shift for me. I need to hear this in my system to get an idea what it can do.
  • I think the Verite is "something completely different"

And as always, the ZMF booth is a real headphone beauty contest, each wood prettier than the last. I saw a couple examples of wood I'll have trouble forgetting. Zach & Bevin are really a pleasure to interact with.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #1,431 of 9,521
Sounds like he made your next headphone.

I think so too. :)

Imagine what type of exotic wood Zach will be offering then. Something like Snakewood, Ebony Macassar, Marblewood, or Martian wood grown by the Opportunity rover.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #1,432 of 9,521
I think so too. :)

Imagine what type of exotic wood Zach will be offering then. Something like Snakewood, Ebony Macassar, Marblewood, or Martian wood grown by the Opportunity rover.
A little birdie told me the next wood will be balsa. Perfect for those with weak necks.

Of course, I don't speak bird and had to use Google translate, so I could be mistaken.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #1,433 of 9,521
Feb 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #1,435 of 9,521
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,436 of 9,521
Glad you guys finally got to hear them. They're a very unique sounding headphone, and no, a show environment doesn't do them justice.
Did anyone catch what tube roll Zach was using in his Glenn?

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #1,437 of 9,521
Glad you guys finally got to hear them. They're a very unique sounding headphone, and no, a show environment doesn't do them justice.
Did anyone catch what tube roll Zach was using in his Glenn?

Easy for me to plead total ignorance (and it is total). No idea what tubes he was using...wouldn't know one from the other.

Certain kinds of ignorance are protective (at least financially).

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #1,438 of 9,521
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to miss out on CanJam. But it's exciting to see those waiting for their sets were able to listen and loved it.

On a side note, I originally planned to use my time at CanJam to listen to various tube amps. Anyone recommend something to go along with my GSX mk2? I know known favorites are the DNA and Glenn amps, but as far as I know those have very long turn over rates (as expected for how good I hear they are). Majority here seem to be tube owners so I figured I'd ask whats been good to their Verite cans.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #1,440 of 9,521
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to miss out on CanJam. But it's exciting to see those waiting for their sets were able to listen and loved it.

On a side note, I originally planned to use my time at CanJam to listen to various tube amps. Anyone recommend something to go along with my GSX mk2? I know known favorites are the DNA and Glenn amps, but as far as I know those have very long turn over rates (as expected for how good I hear they are). Majority here seem to be tube owners so I figured I'd ask whats been good to their Verite cans.

What does it mean "turnover rates" ?
However if you can afford it i don't think there is better then dna,, everywhere i read they say it is the best. Along glenn, eddie current, someone like feliks euforia and elise but i think they are inferior choiches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back