ZMF Verite Open
Dec 12, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #976 of 9,511
Who knew you could get famous, from a bad review?

I never understand how people can put on a 2,000 dollar headphone, and use a cheap amp/dac setup. Especially doing a review, of a TOTL headphone, you would think that the amp and dac, should be in the same ball park?
Not necessarily. By all accounts the THX amp is one of the best around, and the RME-ADI2 needs no introduction. Cost is not necessarily an indicator of quality, especially where synergy is concerned. Very possibly the Verite doesn’t have the right synergy with those amps/dacs for Zeos’s tastes, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Plenty of headphones (fish) in the sea to go round.

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #977 of 9,511
Interesting to watch some people are souring on Zeo. I know his name, but I never saw his reviews because I found watching youtube video boring in general. Still no interest to see it.

But I don’t think unleashing on him helps anything. It is just one man’s opinion. Ultimately, you want a headphone that sounds good to your ears, not to his ears.

But he has a lot of experience with speakers and headphones in general, and enough amps to give some good opinions. It is part etertainment, part serious business because he knows his infuence on the masses. Since Tyll is gone he is numero uno atm. It is what it is.

Its nice to see Zack and Dan make it to this level. There is also another company head-fi'er who is coming out with headphones from India. Kaldas Research RR.
http://picdeer.com/kaldasresearch
The dude is the tech agent on youtube and headfi. He's more hardcore reviwer and goes into science behind drivers, and magnetic bstuctures and such. So its interesting members becoming audio Kings.

Made in India coming :D haha i hope its deadly b/c he has an r10/ k1k, and heard most of the TOTL so it's exciting times.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #979 of 9,511
I'm guessing you're not familiar with metal571 then... He's even got the Hawaiian shirt game going!

Yea Metal is cool along with his pals DMS, Joshua Valor, Army Firedawg and Big Z> That is your power 4 replacing zeos. Hifi528 is alright, mostly box openings, and currawong (tad hard to watch the pace of it) but i try and get the bits i need. Bad guy Good audio reviews is good. Then there is mrtechagent who i think should be up there as he has a great collection and is going to be debuting his headphones this 2019 from Kaldas Research team in India. Seems like an electrostatic,

I also like the RMAF pane; discussions, i've absorbed as much as i can from them/

i probably should be paying more time to the misses :D

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #981 of 9,511
Yea Metal is cool along with his pals DMS, Joshua Valor, Army Firedawg and Big Z> That is your power 4 replacing zeos. Hifi528 is alright, mostly box openings, and currawong (tad hard to watch the pace of it) but i try and get the bits i need. Bad guy Good audio reviews is good. Then there is mrtechagent who i think should be up there as he has a great collection and is going to be debuting his headphones this 2019 from Kaldas Research team in India. Seems like an electrostatic,

I also like the RMAF pane; discussions, i've absorbed as much as i can from them/

i probably should be paying more time to the misses :D

To me it's so cool that a lot of these folks are reviewing ZMF headphones, along with other smaller manufacturers. I imagine that much of their audience isn't in the market for these cans since they are more 'heirloom' items, but it's still nice that a wider range of people get a sense of what's out there. A friend of mine recently told me she got the best headphones available, and they were the QC35ii from best buy... I was like... let me tell you about ZMF. Minds were blown hahaha.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #983 of 9,511
What am I, chopped liver?
Coming soon to a YouTube channel near you, Liver and Onions w/ Dave Hanson

Your reviews rock,and you already know that.

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #984 of 9,511
Coming soon to a YouTube channel near you, Liver and Onions w/ Dave Hanson

Your reviews rock,and you already know that.

I was just kidding around. Couldn’t resist. :wink:

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #985 of 9,511
Dec 12, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #986 of 9,511
I think you're more of a Braunschweiger guy.
Definitely!

Braunschweiger, cranberry puree, and gorgonzola sandwich. A big dill pickle spear on the side. Don't knock it till you try it.

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #988 of 9,511
I'm concerned I may have made the wrong decision on the verité. I've been through quite a few headphones and my preferred sound sig i can't seem to find all in one headphone. I like the detail, openess, air, soundstage of the hd800S but ultimately found it too bright. I've heard the utopia and really liked it except no soundstage. I'm worried the verite may be too dark/warm/and damped for me. Also I've seen a couple reviews saying the soundstage isnt that big or wide. Ugh

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #989 of 9,511
I probably missed this comparison before, but, how do the Verite compare to the Utopia? Tks.

Heliosphann did a review few days back... Maybe you just go back maybe 5 pages to find it

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #990 of 9,511
I'm concerned I may have made the wrong decision on the verité. I've been through quite a few headphones and my preferred sound sig i can't seem to find all in one headphone. I like the detail, openess, air, soundstage of the hd800S but ultimately found it too bright. I've heard the utopia and really liked it except no soundstage. I'm worried the verite may be too dark/warm/and damped for me. Also I've seen a couple reviews saying the soundstage isnt that big or wide. Ugh

My suggestion is just accept the fact there's no one can that rules them all... And my wallet keeps on getting empty as result

Users who are viewing this thread

Back