ZMF Verite Open
Dec 13, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #992 of 9,511
I'm concerned I may have made the wrong decision on the verité. I've been through quite a few headphones and my preferred sound sig i can't seem to find all in one headphone. I like the detail, openess, air, soundstage of the hd800S but ultimately found it too bright. I've heard the utopia and really liked it except no soundstage. I'm worried the verite may be too dark/warm/and damped for me. Also I've seen a couple reviews saying the soundstage isnt that big or wide. Ugh

No reason to have regrets now when it hasn’t been given a chance. If it’s really a concern to you, there’s always selling off your place in line and then telling Zach that you’re transferring over the headphones to the buyer. You’ll get your money back and continue on in your quest to find the perfect set of headphones.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #993 of 9,511
I'm concerned I may have made the wrong decision on the verité. I've been through quite a few headphones and my preferred sound sig i can't seem to find all in one headphone. I like the detail, openess, air, soundstage of the hd800S but ultimately found it too bright. I've heard the utopia and really liked it except no soundstage. I'm worried the verite may be too dark/warm/and damped for me. Also I've seen a couple reviews saying the soundstage isnt that big or wide. Ugh

The 'warm/dark' comments also make me think I'll have to EQ it a bit, but people have been saying it's kind of similar to the 650 in that regard, which by all accounts is fine. I'm not sure where you read the soundstage comments. Everyone I've talked to has said the soundstage is like the Auteur or better, which is plenty big, and that there's more detail and speed.

Personally I'm a speed addict. It's why I love my planars. So to get that in a ZMF can is a bit of a dream come true. I'm imagining something a bit like a planar 650, with bigger staging and better resolution. But, we will see! I'm very excited to hear them and compare with the rest of my lineup.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #995 of 9,511
Hansotek in his various reviews has compared Verite soundstage to HD800 and Abyss. He stopped short of saying they were comparable, but seems they are not far off, and quite a bit larger than Auteur if memory serves correct.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #996 of 9,511
Hansotek in his various reviews has compared Verite soundstage to HD800 and Abyss. He stopped short of saying they were comparable, but seems they are not far off, and quite a bit larger than Auteur if memory serves correct.
I remember that but idk if thats on tubes or ss. I use SS. I just wish I knew how the hell zeos thinks the verite is small soundstage and confined./held back.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #997 of 9,511
I remember that but idk if thats on tubes or ss. I use SS. I just wish I knew how the hell zeos thinks the verite is small soundstage and confined./held back.
Well, he describes the Verite as intimate, not necessarily small or confined; then again he describes the Auteur as wide and holographic (which it is). He used both on SS. I use SS. If I do the math, I reckon Auteur is much more at home with SS than Verite, which seems to be supported by the initial (glowing) Verite reviews that had one thing in common: high-end tube amps.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #1,002 of 9,511
Well that's disheartening. I ordered bc i thought it had a big stage
I think it has some of the best staging in the entire zmf lineup. The Auteur might edge it out in width, but not by much. That's my take on it anyway, and I have both sitting in front of me.

Dec 13, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,004 of 9,511
On SS or tubes though.
Running through mostly my EC Black Widow 2 and Lyr 3. Fwiw, it was very good through the EC Aficionado/Yggy A2 as well, but I only got about 30 min head time with that setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back