ZMF Verite Open
Nov 18, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #8,133 of 9,521
After trying each pad meant for open back zmf's I have found the be2 lambskins perforated to be my favorite.
That's my choice as well. I think you will find many others here run those with the VO and for good reason.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #8,134 of 9,521
After trying each pad meant for open back zmf's I have found the be2 lambskins perforated to be my favorite.
Welcome to the club!

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #8,135 of 9,521
What do you think regarding stage vs the universe lamb perf.?

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #8,136 of 9,521
What do you think regarding stage vs the universe lamb perf.?
Although it's obviously hard to do a proper back and forth, I will say I'm always surprised by the stage with the BE2s. There's a real sense of sounds being outside my head. The stage is also more like a bubble around my head, with a good amount of the stage behind and above my head. The Universe may have a wider stage, but I get less of that vivid 3d effect.

Of course, like many here, I generally prefer the BE2s pads. The Universe don't get nearly as much time on the VO.

EDIT: Also, sorry for jumping in on a question that was clearly not meant for me. I just get a little over excited sometimes Maybe I need less coffee :)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #8,137 of 9,521
Although it's obviously hard to do a proper back and forth, I will say I'm always surprised by the stage with the BE2s. There's a real sense of sounds being outside my head. The stage is also more like a bubble around my head, with a good amount of the stage behind and above my head. The Universe may have a wider stage, but I get less of that vivid 3d effect.

Of course, like many here, I generally prefer the BE2s pads. The Universe don't get nearly as much time on the VO.

EDIT: Also, sorry for jumping in on a question that was clearly not meant for me. I just get a little over excited sometimes Maybe I need less coffee :)
Thanks , good to have more experiences !

Nov 23, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #8,138 of 9,521
I like deep dives into siblings!

That does not sound right.

I have owned every ZMF HP but had not owned VO nor Atrium. I have had the VO for a few weeks and recently got the Atrium. Those are the siblings I am referencing.

Here some initial very quick comparisons:

VO has more intimacy. Atrium has more space. This space gives the impression of Atrium being warmer but it more about space vs. warmth. Neither Atrium nor VO have sucked out mids. The mids of both are appropriately mildly forward (a must for my preferences). The intimacy of VO makes it more visceral and engaging to me. The Atrium is about music being around you vs. VO having the music come toward you.

Both have the ZMF house sound of course and both can be had in the same collection due the basic differences I mentioned above.

I find myself tapping my feet with both and at times find myself moving my head around to the beat. Hence, joy is to be had with both.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #8,139 of 9,521
And to add to my above post: I do not like rolling pads because I get obsessed about it. That said so far I am liking Be2 with VO and Universe with Atrium. Just because those pads seems to accentuate the strengths of each HP.

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #8,140 of 9,521
In the middle of Caldera's fierce attack, One Beryllium Dynamic Driver still holding its position very well

2022_1128_00465200.jpg

Nov 27, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #8,141 of 9,521
In the middle of Caldera's fierce attack, One Beryllium Dynamic Driver still holding its position very well

2022_1128_00465200.jpg

Enjoying the Caldera immensely, but still picking up the VO in between for a different feel. They definitely co-exist nicely!

Nov 28, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #8,143 of 9,521
Beautiful variant. The VO with BE2 perf lambskin remains the most unique sounding headphone out there. It's note tactility is top notch and I can't speak enough of how well it separates and layer sound with excellent micro dynamic contrast. It has left an imprint since I heard it few years and I knew I had to get one. If you're a fan I doubt there's any headphone that will ever replace it.

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #8,144 of 9,521
Beautiful variant. The VO with BE2 perf lambskin remains the most unique sounding headphone out there. It's note tactility is top notch and I can't speak enough of how well it separates and layer sound with excellent micro dynamic contrast. It has left an imprint since I heard it few years and I knew I had to get one. If you're a fan I doubt there's any headphone that will ever replace it.

Thanks. BE2 is mandatory for Verite (in my book)!

Nov 28, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #8,145 of 9,521
BE2 is to small for me, ear gets pain after a short while. Comfort is a must for me so the deepest pads help. Agree that BE2 sounds great, it sounds very right.

For me the Universal Suede has been what gives me that mix of musicality and relaxing signature. Can listen to everything from Jazz to Metal with the Universe Suede. And they are deeper👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back