ZMF Verite Open
Oct 13, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #8,071 of 9,521
Absolutely. I run LQi Voda (UPOCC copper), LQi Esprit (silver plated UPOCC copper), and ZMF Lectrik S (silver plated copper) with my ZMF phones. I prefer the pure copper Voda with the VO, Atrium with Universe pads, Eikon, and Auteur with Auteur pads. I prefer the Esprit or Lectrik S with the Aeolus, Atticus, Atrium with Auteur pads, and Auteur with Eikon Suede pads. The extra bit of treble energy with the silver plated cables works better to my ears with the more laid back phone and/or pad combinations. The pure copper cable to me is better suited for the phone and/or pad combinations that have more forward highs to begin with.

I too have been playing my Atrium mostly since I've only had it for 3 weeks now. I have listened to my VO a few times during that period and it never fails to disappoint. I love the fast and enveloping sound while retaining musicality that the VO possesses. To me the Atrium and VO are very complimentary to each other.

No, I have some silver cables (Norne/Lavri/Toxic) but they change absolutely nothing soundwise. I don't know why.

Thank you for sharing your experience guys. There's always something to ponder in this hobby :gs1000smile: .

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #8,072 of 9,521
I have listened to my VO a few times during that period and it never fails to disappoint.
200wf.gif

Oct 13, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #8,074 of 9,521
Lol! My last dog used to do that a lot. My current dog rarely does that. Most of the time she's like whatever where's my treat?

Yeah that was a poor choice of words there and not what I was trying to say. What I meant to say was never disappoints or never fails to impress. Anyways I edited the post to reflect that. I can assure you I love my VO.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #8,076 of 9,521
For the record--my VO never disappoints.
That's what I was trying to say also but it came out wrong. My VO never disappoints as well.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #8,077 of 9,521
Hello fellas. Long time lurker here and first time posting so pls go easy on me :) I've been enjoying my VO's ever since January 2022. My most favorite pairing is with the Feliks Audio Elise with upgraded NOS tubes hooked up to the Denafrips Ares II. I just can't get enough of it. Such a majestic pair of headphones that basically cured my headphone upgraditis.

Pic of part of my setup (can't seem to post pics here directly so have to upload to imgur):
https://imgur.com/a/hZZKsFm

Happy listening everyone

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #8,078 of 9,521
Hello fellas. Long time lurker here and first time posting so pls go easy on me :) I've been enjoying my VO's ever since January 2022. My most favorite pairing is with the Feliks Audio Elise with upgraded NOS tubes hooked up to the Denafrips Ares II. I just can't get enough of it. Such a majestic pair of headphones that basically cured my headphone upgraditis.

Pic of part of my setup (can't seem to post pics here directly so have to upload to imgur):

Happy listening everyone
That strikes me as a well-chosen and musically balanced system for the VO. I'll bet it sounds terrific!

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #8,079 of 9,521
That strikes me as a well-chosen and musically balanced system for the VO. I'll bet it sounds terrific!
It does strike all the right notes with me (ha!). The sound coming out of this pairing just transports me into music where I can really forget everything else and just enjoy it to its fullest.

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #8,080 of 9,521
A good tube amp is perfect with the VO as most in here have said. If I had more space on my desk I would have gotten an Elise beside my Echo, Feliks Audio has very good amps in general.
Still I dont mind at all using the old Beyerdynamic A 20 amp, its almost like tube amp in disguise. They made it for high impedance headphones and it shows:)

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #8,081 of 9,521
A good tube amp is perfect with the VO as most in here have said. If I had more space on my desk I would have gotten an Elise beside my Echo, Feliks Audio has very good amps in general.
Still I dont mind at all using the old Beyerdynamic A 20 amp, its almost like tube amp in disguise. They made it for high impedance headphones and it shows:)
If you're ever able to listen to the VO with the Feliks Envy you're in for a treat. Really expensive but was amazing to hear the VO better than I've ever heard it before. Amazing how it still scales even beyond what my setups are capable of.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #8,082 of 9,521

Happy listening everyone
That makes me so happy. I also started out with the exact same setup (Elise + Ares 2). I remember those long listening sessions trying to dial in the Elise tubes. In fact, i still have my Elise but moved on to Pontus 2/Yggy to feed the amp these days. Elise and Ares were an excellent combo and I damn near burned in all of my ZMF headphones with that setup. You ll be happy for years to come with that combination. Enjoy

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #8,083 of 9,521
Is there an IEM that is close to as technical as Verite while having this nice tuning and timbre?

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #8,084 of 9,521
Is there an IEM that is close to as technical as Verite while having this nice tuning and timbre?
The Vision Ears VE8 is as natural as they come with similar tone and timbre to my ears.

Oct 15, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #8,085 of 9,521
Feisty price as expected, due to current home situation i need some more isolation at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back