ZMF Verite Open
Sep 13, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #8,041 of 9,524
I’m probably in the minority here as people love tube amps with any ZMF. I ended up buying a V550 Pro since it handles planars and dynamics equally well. I feel the synergy is great with the rest of my chain, so you don’t necessarily need a tube amp but your options are going to be limited if you go SS to get the most out of them.
I had a Violectric V200 amp previously that did quite well with ZMFs as well. It couldn’t compete with the Woo WA2 ultimately (with ZMFs), but was overall a more versatile amp.

Sep 14, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #8,043 of 9,524
BE2 Hybrid Perf has been a godsend for me with my Ironwood VO. The sound signature is addicting with extremely tight bass and dynamics, intimate mid range and just the right amount of top end sparkle. It doesnt have the wide soundstage of the Universe Lamb but its more 3d/holographic for sure. The sound is more narrow but it excels in more controlled low end, crisp vocals. Imaging is also better, imo due to the drivers being closer to the ear. Overall a great alternative to stock pads.

Cheers

Sep 14, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #8,044 of 9,524
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #8,045 of 9,524
Everybody stop selling your camphor burl Verite’s!! They are absolute works of art to the highest order spun from magic by the wizard Zachariah!!

1663342094462.gif

Sep 16, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #8,046 of 9,524
In some mysterious way, i'm back become Verite user again. I know Caldera is about to release, but I don't think I need to worry much about it.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but months after sold my previous Verite, and back to listen to them again in intense way now, they just sound so... fresh, clear, solid, and natural. My mind tricked me to think it even sound better than I remembered (and I used my previous Verite for more than 2 years!).

Anyway, glad I'm back :o2smile:

2022_0910_14362300.jpg

Sep 16, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #8,047 of 9,524
In some mysterious way, i'm back become Verite user again. I know Caldera is about to release, but I don't think I need to worry much about it.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but months after sold my previous Verite, and back to listen to them again in intense way now, they just sound so... fresh, clear, solid, and natural. My mind tricked me to think it even sound better than I remembered (and I used my previous Verite for more than 2 years!).

Congrats! They are my favorite phones to date but I do have a pair of Atriums scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. Your VOs are one of the most beautiful pair I've seen.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #8,048 of 9,524
Congrats! They are my favorite phones to date but I do have a pair of Atriums scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. Your VOs are one of the most beautiful pair I've seen.
Thanks. I saw your signature you own Pheasantwood. Actually that's my first Verite haha. Pheasant still one of the most unique textured wood I ever seen compared to other wood types available for VO.

Sep 16, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #8,049 of 9,524
Thanks. I saw your signature you own Pheasantwood. Actually that's my first Verite haha. Pheasant still one of the most unique textured wood I ever seen compared to other wood types available for VO.
Thank you! I really like the Pheasantwood cups. I would love to have a stabilized pair similar to your's. I still have the VC on my list to get next so maybe they will be a stabilized pair. Sounds like you are enjoying your VOs as much as I'm enjoying mine!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #8,050 of 9,524

This headphone is such a piece of art.
Call me jealous.

And yes, it's always nice to listen to the VO.
Like it a lot and appreciate the "change" regarding my other ones.

sketch-1663361694064.png

Edit.
I've to admit, that I'm always a bit scared about the VO, bc once it's on my head the nights tends to get rather short. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #8,051 of 9,524
Edit.
I've to admit, that I'm always a bit scared about the VO, bc once it's on my head the nights tends to get rather short. :ksc75smile:

The best compliment you can give to a headphone. Felt the same here, wondering where my bed time gone.

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #8,052 of 9,524
Guys, a somewhat unusual question, but nonetheless a bit important to me (or my laziness)

Is there a tube(y) headamp with a remote available? :)

Pls don't throw that many stones at me. ^^ :deadhorse:
If you need remote for Volume control only then I would suggest getting a good preamp. Preamp will help you in headphone as well as 2 ch setup.

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #8,053 of 9,524
If you need remote for Volume control only then I would suggest getting a good preamp. Preamp will help you in headphone as well as 2 ch setup.
You're right.
Thought about that too (by keeping the R28 in the chain). :thumbsup:

Sep 17, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #8,054 of 9,524
Everybody stop selling your camphor burl Verite’s!! They are absolute works of art to the highest order spun from magic by the wizard Zachariah!!
Love my Camphor Burl VO’s!!

TyUftP7.jpg

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #8,055 of 9,524
I was pleasantly surprised with the Bifrost 2 - Arcam rHead and Veritè Open pairing.

I was impressed how the modest rHead can handle VO so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back