ZMF Verite Open
Oct 16, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #8,086 of 9,512
Oct 18, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #8,088 of 9,512
Wanted to know what’s your favourite pads with the VO ? I first started with the Universe leathers then after a while I switched to the BE2 leathers and now I’m back to Universe. I kinda prefer the bass presence of the BE2 pads but like everything else more on the Universe pads, the ‘holographic’ staging in particular. Are there any pads that kinda combine both, the bass of the BE2 pads and holographic staging of the Universe pads ?

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #8,089 of 9,512
Wanted to know what’s your favourite pads with the VO ? I first started with the Universe leathers then after a while I switched to the BE2 leathers and now I’m back to Universe. I kinda prefer the bass presence of the BE2 pads but like everything else more on the Universe pads, the ‘holographic’ staging in particular. Are there any pads that kinda combine both, the bass of the BE2 pads and holographic staging of the Universe pads ?
The BE2 lambskin pads combined the best of what I wanted out of the VO: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-vÉritÉ-open-pad-review.25765/

From what I've found however, there is always going to some kind of trade off with each pad change.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #8,090 of 9,512
In 1.5 years of listening to the VO, I first started using the Universe Leather pads, for the exact same reasons that you just mentioned. I occasionally used the Verite Pads, BE2 Suede, leather and Hybrid. I liked their speed and effect of immediacy, however when using all the thinner pads, I always felt female voices a little bit too distant to my liking. Then I tried the Universe Hybrid, it seems to have some qualities of the Universe Leather, with a slight emphasis on the treble and a little bit more sub-bass. I frequently switched between those two versions of universe pads until I decided to try the VO with the Universe Suede of my Aeolus. The bass was not that pronounced but curiously; I perceived more texture and speed, female vocals are fuller and closer, providing no noticeable impact in soundstage, treble is close to perfect to my ears, accentuating the detail qualities of the VO, only at the expense of loosing some of that immediacy of the thinner pads. To my ears, Universe Suede Pads have a similar effect of an acoustically treated room when using speakers.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #8,091 of 9,512
Been mainly using the universe suede, a little less agressive sounding than be2 leather and universe leather. Also sounding more natural to my ears, the little bass you loose i sometime EQ with lokius when in techno mood.
Still prefer them natural with a tube amp, lovely musical sound.

Oct 19, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #8,092 of 9,512
Oct 19, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #8,093 of 9,512
To my ears, Universe Suede Pads have a similar effect of an acoustically treated room when using speakers.
Love the description. +1 on universe suede pads for VO. Same experience. I have uni suede pads for both my Aeolus and VO and is locked in to the sound ever since. Less perky and dark than uni lambskin and more holographic than BE2 lambskin pads; which I also own.

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #8,095 of 9,512
I am between the Atrium and Verite open and would love some advice. I listen to bands like TOOL and electronic music of all sorts like dubstep. Which pair has better sub bass and slam? Any help is appreciated
The Verite will be better for those, especially electronic. I have the same music taste and the Verite is great for EDM. The sub bass is fantastic!

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #8,096 of 9,512
I am between the Atrium and Verite open and would love some advice. I listen to bands like TOOL and electronic music of all sorts like dubstep. Which pair has better sub bass and slam? Any help is appreciated
I agree with @luishi5000 - for your taste, the VO will probably fit better as it has a faster attack and more crisp bass; the Atrium has a more lush sound with slower decay that is perfect for acoustic music and vocals. They are both great, and I would guess that the VO will fit you better.

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #8,097 of 9,512
Verite is excellent with Tool and other metal bands👍 and I second the EDM part. Still I prefer a little sub bass boost in some techno etc.

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #8,100 of 9,512
Caldera is planar and fast, so it should be very good for fast music and bass/drum slam. I actually sold my LCD 2s after I got the Verite, and I didn't miss them. But a ZMF planar is something I need to try someday, ZMF tuning together with planar technicalities:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back