ZMF Verite Open
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #4,756 of 9,515
I looked it up and this stuff is commonly used in the finishing of mandolins and guitars.
Fun fact: Zach used to have a hand in building guitars...his love of wood definitely shows. Your set looks gorgeous!

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #4,757 of 9,515
Okay I quickly took them off! The color is insanely vivid.

My owners card says that they were finished with Tru Oil Vanish. I looked it up and this stuff is commonly used in the finishing of mandolins and guitars. The varnish has a clean and deep look. And it actually looks like it's tough. Not like I want to test it out. But it's got that look.

Over the moon!

Just so everyone knows, I predicted how great these would look before they were even released!!! Somebody give me a cookie.

|
|
|
|
v
Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #4,759 of 9,515
So...I have been burning my set in since they arrived in a very organized and thought out manner (I created a spreadsheet to track daily). The sound has most definitely evolved since hour 1, currently I have them in around 210 hours and expect to hit the golden hour, 300, by Friday.

Early on I would say the sound was amazing, definitely a noticeable upgrade to my Aeon Flow Closed, and Sennheiser HD650 on loan. Then past the 100 hour mark the sound seemed to regress in the wrong direction. Bass seemed off, Mid-range was more prominent, and treble was treble. I thought I had read that 150 was where they started to open up, and this was defiantly not the case. I would say that between 150 and where they are now was all over the place, and not the what previous posters had experienced.

Then I let them run to this point and as I dimmed the lights, poured a drink and sat in my leather chair the music began to envelope me and I have been listening for 3 hours straight. I feel them coming into their own now, going through a variety of tracks that I am familiar with and throwing a quick comparison to my other headphones to confirm. Now this could also be a case of physiological change too, where my brain and hearing is also adjusting.

Whatever it is, if 300 is the golden hour I can't wait for Friday to come. Except one problem, it will have to wait until Saturday evening....To be continued

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #4,760 of 9,515
Okay I quickly took them off! The color is insanely vivid.

My owners card says that they were finished with Tru Oil Vanish. I looked it up and this stuff is commonly used in the finishing of mandolins and guitars. The varnish has a clean and deep look. And it actually looks like it's tough. Not like I want to test it out. But it's got that look.

Over the moon!20200706_121448.jpg

This is absolutely beautiful, is that Purple Heart?

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #4,761 of 9,515
My VC arrived!!!! They are incredible and I feel very fortunate. Not only are they stunning to look at, but I love their sound and I’m only at the beginning of the burn-in process.

55E975E0-3A4A-4174-AEF3-A5C0BEB37CC4.jpeg

p.s. Anyone looking for a pair of ZMF in Europe should definitely contact Aamer at Acorn Audio - top class service.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #4,763 of 9,515
Uh oh.... I think I am getting the Verite fever. I am about 3.5 weeks in on my order (I should be off Pending soon), and I just bought an OTL amp (WA2) just to see how it compares to my WA6SE and THX 789. I really like my two existing amps, but I've never heard an OTL. I got a good deal on it..so we will see how this goes.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #4,764 of 9,515
Uh oh.... I think I am getting the Verite fever. I am about 3.5 weeks in on my order (I should be off Pending soon), and I just bought an OTL amp (WA2) just to see how it compares to my WA6SE and THX 789. I really like my two existing amps, but I've never heard an OTL. I got a good deal on it..so we will see how this goes.

I had a WA2, but can't remember if I used my Verite on it or not... I would recommend getting some TS 5998's to use with the WA2/Verite. One of my favorite power tube combos with the VO.

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #4,765 of 9,515
My VC arrived!!!! They are incredible and I feel very fortunate. Not only are they stunning to look at, but I love their sound and I’m only at the beginning of the burn-in process.

p.s. Anyone looking for a pair of ZMF in Europe should definitely contact Aamer at Acorn Audio - top class service.
Do these have the darker stain treatment? They're beautiful

Jul 7, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #4,766 of 9,515
I just finalized my order last night! Camphor Burl for me, with the pendant... Super excited!

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #4,768 of 9,515
Do these have the darker stain treatment? They're beautiful

Thank you. It’s not the darker stain treatment as far as I know/can tell.

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #4,769 of 9,515
Thank you. It’s not the darker stain treatment as far as I know/can tell.
I browsed a few of acorn UK's Leopardwood stock and I believe they had the dark stain and black chassis/rod. But the product page is down and I can't find them anymore. Anyone else mind weighing in?

Jul 8, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #4,770 of 9,515
Also how much does the Leopardwood set weigh? Couldn't find that answer either

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back