ZMF Verite Open
Jul 4, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #4,743 of 9,515
After so much discussion about OTL tube amps and a lot of researching, I think I will pull the trigger on the Feliks Echo with my silkwood VOs, but wanted to check in with you knowledgeable folks about whether the stock tubes are good enough to represent the "ZMF + Tubes = Magic" concept, or should put some money aside and invest in some upgrade tubes for later. I heard there are tubes that can bring the mids forward.

I'll be getting an Echo new 20% off MRSP from my dealer (if you're also in the market, PM me)

This will be my first tube amp. The only other one I have heard was the Woo WA33 at CanJam. Here we go!

I'm running my VO off of Echo.

It's magical. Stock tubes that come with the echo is fantastic.

I'm pretty much convinced that I'm not going to hear anything better than VO with tubes.

Jul 4, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #4,744 of 9,515

I'm pretty much convinced that I'm not going to hear anything better than VO with tubes.
If you think you will, or think you won't, you're right! 😂

Working on finalizing my order for VO and Pendant, so will be joining you virtually in sonic bliss fairly soon!

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #4,746 of 9,515

Well, I am convinced as well. I thought the TT2 was all I would ever need...

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #4,747 of 9,515
Have you tried vc ? I was thinking of getting a closed verite and I prefer a headphone that brings out the vocals, conveys the emotions and energy to a song.

Sorry, not yet for VC.

Well, I am convinced as well. I thought the TT2 was all I would ever need...

Currently pair the VO with TT2, they just produce unbelievably silky smooth, fluid(!), with superb micro detail in relax way.

Jul 5, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #4,748 of 9,515
Wow, so many discussions about Verite. I placed an order of VO in May and the order status shows it is in assembly. Once I receive this baby, I will share my feelings about this headphone on my PC system. (PC -> Morpheus -> Niimbus)

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #4,749 of 9,515
Joy reigns! The postman rang twice and left 2 packages here!:relaxed:

The little brother from Verite to bridge the waiting time and another tiny amplifier for the 2nd workstation!

But now I am looking forward to the big brother Verite! But until then enjoy the Atticus! :beyersmile:

IMG_0922.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg
IMG_0931.jpeg

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,751 of 9,515
excuse the camera phone dark pic.

just got the co-pilot and be2 perf suede pads in. thanks Z&B!

20200706_124612.jpg

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #4,752 of 9,515
Wow, so many discussions about Verite. I placed an order of VO in May and the order status shows it is in assembly. Once I receive this baby, I will share my feelings about this headphone on my PC system. (PC -> Morpheus -> Niimbus)

That's a killer DAC+amp. I found the VO & VC sounded amazing on the V281, so you seem to be on the right track.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #4,753 of 9,515
My purpleheart wood Verite has arrived! As everyone else says, and is also true for me- they are more beautiful in person!

The first thing that stands out, isn't the beauty but the tone! They are literally singing to me. Now, I'm beginning the 200-300 hour burn in. I dont want to take them off!

Burn in rig is

Macbook pro-->Chord Qutest-->SPL Phonitor X

As it turns out, I had to ship out my Woo Audio WA6-SE this morning for service. No problem, Woo is always great about these things and I'm sure my amp will be better than ever when I get it back. So I wont be able to run my Verite on tubes for a bit.

Pictures at some point this week when I finally take these off my head. Hahaha!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #4,754 of 9,515
Okay I quickly took them off! The color is insanely vivid.

My owners card says that they were finished with Tru Oil Vanish. I looked it up and this stuff is commonly used in the finishing of mandolins and guitars. The varnish has a clean and deep look. And it actually looks like it's tough. Not like I want to test it out. But it's got that look.

Over the moon!
20200706_121448.jpg

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #4,755 of 9,515
Okay I quickly took them off! The color is insanely vivid.

My owners card says that they were finished with Tru Oil Vanish. I looked it up and this stuff is commonly used in the finishing of mandolins and guitars. The varnish has a clean and deep look. And it actually looks like it's tough. Not like I want to test it out. But it's got that look.

Over the moon!20200706_121448.jpg
Congrats @RobertSM, a very lovely set and matching stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back