ZMF Verite Open
Jul 11, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #4,787 of 9,518
Zack: here are some pics.

Me: Are those ZMF sample? Or my specific set?

Zack: It's your set. I took them right before I boxed them.

They should go on the site though... they are awesome!!!

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #4,788 of 9,518
I also have the A90. Great amp. What made you go with Modius as opposed to d90/a90 stack?
I’ve tried a few different DACs ranging from $200 to $2200, and came to a conclusion most sound the same to me and I don’t need the extra features. As long as it has XLR out then I’m set. Amps and HPs make a bigger difference to me.

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #4,789 of 9,518
I’ve tried a few different DACs ranging from $200 to $2200, and came to a conclusion most sound the same to me and I don’t need the extra features. As long as it has XLR out then I’m set. Amps and HPs make a bigger difference to me.

I mostly feel the same. If they measure well, I'm happy. I just wanted MQA as an option, as I mostly listen to Tidal thru Roon.

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #4,790 of 9,518
Zack: here are some pics.

Me: Are those ZMF sample? Or my specific set?

Zack: It's your set. I took them right before I boxed them.

This kind of order update is beyond amazing, especially coming from the founder of the company himself

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #4,791 of 9,518
This kind of order update is beyond amazing, especially coming from the founder of the company himself

Agreed. Zach is very responsive and helpful - nothing seems like too much trouble! My parents used to run a small business when I was growing up and I can tell you that keeping up this level of engagement with customers is hard to achieve and needs a lot of energy. :)

Jul 11, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #4,792 of 9,518
Agreed. Zach is very responsive and helpful - nothing seems like too much trouble! My parents used to run a small business when I was growing up and I can tell you that keeping up this level of engagement with customers is hard to achieve and needs a lot of energy. :)
Far be it from me to speak for him but I know in my work relationships are the most gratifying part, and in my few interactions with Zack (and Bevin) it seems that guides his business ethic too. It does take extra effort / time but also preempts conflict, which can be very time consuming. The art becomes determining what one can delegate and not, to retain personal engagement and still say sane! Even as ZMF grows more successful, for all the right reasons, I trust Zach and Bevin will continue to navigate that balance well.

Jul 11, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #4,793 of 9,518
So, I took a good critical listen to an OTL tube, Transformer coupled tube, and a SS amp. What characteristics does the VO accentuate with an OTL?

My favorite of the three was definitely the transformer coupled because of the cleanliness of the sound. I’ve never had an OTL before....but its sound is growing on me.

jc

jc

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #4,794 of 9,518
So, I took a good critical listen to an OTL tube, Transformer coupled tube, and a SS amp. What characteristics does the VO accentuate with an OTL?

My favorite of the three was definitely the transformer coupled because of the cleanliness of the sound. I’ve never had an OTL before....but its sound is growing on me.

jc

jc

OTL's are far more sound dependent on the type of tube combinations you're using with them. For my Glenn OTL, I've got several combinations I really like with the VO. With the VC, I like a completely different set of tube combos.

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #4,797 of 9,518
Why FEDEX why !!! Why are you playing with me !!!

They were supposed to arrive today. :cry: :sweat: :cold_sweat: Its been stuck there since Friday.

Screenshot_20200713-135147_Chrome.jpg

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #4,800 of 9,518
Why FEDEX why !!! Why are you playing with me !!!

They were supposed to arrive today. :cry: :sweat: :cold_sweat: Its been stuck there since Friday.

Screenshot_20200713-135147_Chrome.jpg

LOL, I had the same with UPS in the UK! They were sat 40 minutes drive from my house all weekend! It was hard to resist going and breaking in... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back