ZMF Verite Open
Jun 25, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,266 of 9,521
ZMF Verite was my absolute favorite headphone that I tried at canjam socal. I listen to a lot of metal music, doom metal especially, and that genre really shines on Zach's headphones. The thick, warm ZMF sound gives the music the power it deserves, and still is incredibly detailed and well rounded.
I personally preferred the Verite over the Focal Utopia, HifiMan's He-1000se, and any other high end headphone at the event. Zach and his wife Bevin are incredibly nice people as well, couldn't be more impressed.

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,268 of 9,521
Tried to take some artsy fartsy photos of my Verite last weekend :sweat_smile:

Great pics. I have found is you use great lighting, you can take outstanding pics with even disposable cameras (do they still sell these). Well, I don't really use disposables but you get the point.

Nobody has an ugly duckling Verite to show?

I was able to compare the Verite against the Aeolus, Auteur, Atticus, HEX V2, Ananda, E2, LCD2, Elex, HD6XX and Clear among others and I dig the Verite. My source was my trusty m9XX and amps used were THX AAA 789, LCX, LP and BHC with Speedball.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #2,269 of 9,521
I was so happy with my Auteur until I heard the Verite at CanJam. I wasn't curious before because of Zreviews's review but after auditioning it I can't stop thinking about it.... But I love my Auteur. It sounds so beautifully natural with my Bottlehead Mainline... To those who have both- do you find that you use both equally for different things??

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #2,270 of 9,521
I was so happy with my Auteur until I heard the Verite at CanJam. I wasn't curious before because of Zreviews's review but after auditioning it I can't stop thinking about it.... But I love my Auteur. It sounds so beautifully natural with my Bottlehead Mainline... To those who have both- do you find that you use both equally for different things??

Absolutely.

Use the Universe pads on Verite-warm,big bass,deep staging
And the neutral pads on Auteur(forget the name...again)- wide staging detailed,less bass

That makes for a highly complimentary combo.

Weve already established that whatever Z heard during his time with Verite highly contradicted what pretty much everyone else,including myself,heard.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #2,271 of 9,521
I have the Auteur and the Eikon and Atticus. Getting closer to pulling the trigger on the Verite. Sick sick sick and eventually more sick! Please help me from myself :)

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #2,272 of 9,521
Well I got lucky and found a new unobtaniums audio amp ... And it sounds awesome with the Verites!!! Here is a crappy cellphone pic of my unobtanium stack, and limited also soon to be unobtanium Ziricote Verites ( until Zach makes more lol) don't mind the mess I'm rearranging my listening space, and reorganizing cables etc ... Needs to happen now an again as gear comes and goes lol.

CameraZOOM-20190625191640560.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #2,273 of 9,521
Getting closer to pulling the trigger on the Verite. Sick sick sick and eventually more sick! Please help me from myself
Sorry, not gonna happen.
We're all infected. Symptoms? A fever...and the only cure is more ZMF.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #2,275 of 9,521
Well I got lucky and found a new unobtaniums audio amp ... And it sounds awesome with the Verites!!! Here is a crappy cellphone pic of my unobtanium stack, and limited also soon to be unobtanium Ziricote Verites ( until Zach makes more lol) don't mind the mess I'm rearranging my listening space, and reorganizing cables etc ... Needs to happen now an again as gear comes and goes lol.

TWINSIES!!!!
image.jpg

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #2,276 of 9,521
Jun 26, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #2,278 of 9,521
Tried to take some artsy fartsy photos of my Verite last weekend :sweat_smile:

Yeah wow, would buy them off of you for the wood alone, never even heard the Verite.

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #2,279 of 9,521
I have the Auteur and the Eikon and Atticus. Getting closer to pulling the trigger on the Verite. Sick sick sick and eventually more sick! Please help me from myself :)

Might as well complete the set and get an Aeolus and Verite while you’re at it. All the time pondering on whether or not you should buy something just delays you by having it sooner. You thought about it once, and now you’ll just keep thinking about it. Just get it now and call it a day.

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #2,280 of 9,521

Would love to know how that amp compares to the BHC, with the ZMF cans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back