ZMF Verite Open
Jun 28, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #2,296 of 9,521
Yep. Won't be buying one of those, as I don't care for modding, at all. I did not even build my BHC. I build cables and that is it. I have actually gotten really good at cables, but that is as far as I want to go, at the moment. Thanks for the info! I also, am happy with only rolling singles, instead of pairs, when it comes to tubes.

(Mass)Drop.com has these available again as of today (I'm assuming they are fixed versions lol) with next day shipping, they must have been stockpiling them since the shipping fiasco with Russia during the last drop. $400, for in my opinion a damn good amp... I went ahead and ordered one of the new ones... I'll finish modding my current one, and then once I get the new one, I'll look into other possible mods for the already modded one (different transformers, etc)... I'll probably end up blowing it up though lol.

Back on Track...before I had it taken apart it sounded awesome with the Verite! Really good pairing!

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,297 of 9,521
(Mass)Drop.com has these available again as of today (I'm assuming they are fixed versions lol) with next day shipping, they must have been stockpiling them since the shipping fiasco with Russia during the last drop. $400, for in my opinion a damn good amp... I went ahead and ordered one of the new ones... I'll finish modding my current one, and then once I get the new one, I'll look into other possible mods for the already modded one (different transformers, etc)... I'll probably end up blowing it up though lol.

Back on Track...before I had it taken apart it sounded awesome with the Verite! Really good pairing!
Thanks for the heads up! I am gonna stick with what I have. I really don't care for the tube type, used in that amp. As an avid tube roller, the choices are too limited for me.

Jun 29, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #2,298 of 9,521
The chassis color on this picture is it the charcoal bronze or just the black color?

_DSC2260-2.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #2,299 of 9,521
The chassis color on this picture is it the charcoal bronze or just the black color?

_DSC2260-2.JPG

Black. The charcoal bronze is more of a grey color.
Verite Flat (1024).jpg

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #2,301 of 9,521
Hi everyone.
I am on the fence to buy the Verite ziricote but I am afraid they will not worth their price tag with my ifi micro BL :frowning2:
I plan to get an audio-gd or thx amp in the future tho.
Does the micro BL give them a great dynamics with strong bass punch and slam ? this is my only concern.

Not necessarily the micro BL, any experience with a low tier amps are MUCH appreciated!

I find Verite scales really well... For these TOTL phones not sure how to squeeze every bit of performance from them without spending obscene amount on gears... This hobby is a black hole

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #2,303 of 9,521
I pulled the trigger on the Ziricote, biggest purchase on my Visa :D
I hope for no regrets :)

Jun 30, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,304 of 9,521
I pulled the trigger on the Ziricote, biggest purchase on my Visa :D
I hope for no regrets :)

Congrats!
Remember to give them plenty of burn-in time. When I first heard the Verite I thought it was a sonic mess,but after many,many hours,the sound totally changed. Literally like night and day.

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #2,305 of 9,521
Hi everyone.
I am on the fence to buy the Verite ziricote but I am afraid they will not worth their price tag with my ifi micro BL :frowning2:
I plan to get an audio-gd or thx amp in the future tho.
Does the micro BL give them a great dynamics with strong bass punch and slam ? this is my only concern.

Not necessarily the micro BL, any experience with a low tier amps are MUCH appreciated!

The Auteur or the Verite don't really sound great on the Black Label, TBH. Both sounded flattened in terms of soundstage and a bit lifeless in dynamics. Not to the point of being unlistenable or anything, but certainly the BL does not push them to anywhere near their full potential. Even in turbo mode, you get the volume, but not the body or control. The Auteur is one of the few headphones that I just won't use with my beloved Black Label. The Verite was better on the Audio-gd 28.38, but I found that it sounded much better with the Liquid Platinum. The difference was mostly in terms of soundstage and imaging. On the LP, I understood the hype and why people made claims about them being holographic or better imaging than the HD800 or being like the Utopia but with musicality. All the superlatives and praise I had read about made sense with the LP, and seemed largely warranted. On the Audio-gd, I was disappointed to find a noticeable step down in those areas, to the point that I made the decision that the Verite wouldn't be worth it with my current gear. So, my advice is to skip the Audio-gd amps for the Verite, and it breaks my heart to say that. The THX amp sounded very good to me, but was too bright and too etched a pairing for my liking. In other words, check out the Liquid Platinum. I was highly impressed with both the headphones and the amp when I auditioned that pairing.

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #2,306 of 9,521
The Auteur or the Verite don't really sound great on the Black Label, TBH. Both sounded flattened in terms of soundstage and a bit lifeless in dynamics. Not to the point of being unlistenable or anything, but certainly the BL does not push them to anywhere near their full potential. Even in turbo mode, you get the volume, but not the body or control. The Auteur is one of the few headphones that I just won't use with my beloved Black Label. The Verite was better on the Audio-gd 28.38, but I found that it sounded much better with the Liquid Platinum. The difference was mostly in terms of soundstage and imaging. On the LP, I understood the hype and why people made claims about them being holographic or better imaging than the HD800 or being like the Utopia but with musicality. All the superlatives and praise I had read about made sense with the LP, and seemed largely warranted. On the Audio-gd, I was disappointed to find a noticeable step down in those areas, to the point that I made the decision that the Verite wouldn't be worth it with my current gear. So, my advice is to skip the Audio-gd amps for the Verite, and it breaks my heart to say that. The THX amp sounded very good to me, but was too bright and too etched a pairing for my liking. In other words, check out the Liquid Platinum. I was highly impressed with both the headphones and the amp when I auditioned that pairing.

Thanks for sharing.
I think I am gonna go with the thx as I have some planars that don't like tubes that much and I also like a bit brighter and etched sound :) it's also cheaper

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #2,307 of 9,521
Thanks for sharing.
I think I am gonna go with the thx as I have some planars that don't like tubes that much and I also like a bit brighter and etched sound :) it's also cheaper
My planars love tubes, and the LP, is a match made in heaven. The LP, is a really good amp for the money.

Jul 1, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #2,308 of 9,521
My planars love tubes, and the LP, is a match made in heaven. The LP, is a really good amp for the money.

Damn it, you guys want to shred my money :D
Okay then what's the sound signature of the LP ? warm or dark? dynamic or relaxed? that kinda thing.

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #2,309 of 9,521
Damn it, you guys want to shred my money :D
Okay then what's the sound signature of the LP ? warm or dark? dynamic or relaxed? that kinda thing.
Neutral to slight warmish and dynamic, with forward mids. This amp is not bright. This can be changed a bit, with tubes. The LP, measures very well, and is transparent enough to be revealing of upstream gear. Lots of good info, on measurements and dac pairings, in it's own thread and on the other site.

So I don't derail this thread, info on LP, can be found here.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-cavalli-liquid-platinum-technical-measurements.894843/

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-monolith-liquid-platinum-by-alex-cavalli.876406/

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,310 of 9,521
I just purchased the THX 788 DAC/AMP
I bought it over tubes/hybrids because my main listening is on speakers so soundstage and imaging is not that important for my headphones, I only use headphones late at night or when traveling. I also use EQ so gear coloration is not needed.

The 788 after extensive research is basically a 3dB less powerful 789 and in stock on Amazon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back