ZMF Verite Open
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,501 of 9,511
I find the HEX V2 and Ananda more in line with my taste. The HEK V2 is technically a better headphone than its younger siblings. It’s the treble I find too bright and it doesn’t have the sub bass weight I was looking for.
Same here!!
I remember that during first CanJam I attended (RMAF 2016), I auditioned at HiFiMAN table their entire (at the time) line, and my favorite (by far) was the HEXv2. Was quite funny how one of their reps kept urging me to try the "better" HEKv2 while the other guy whispered in my ear that HEXv2 was his favorite, too. Made me feel I am not insane :wink:

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,502 of 9,511
The burn in stuff with Verite has been interesting for me too - with our other headphones I've found 150 hours is somewhat around the point the headphones feel liquid and effortless. The Verite I lumped into this category as some of the chassis of the driver is similar to the auteur driver, but after having to keep a few sets for shows lately, and getting to hear @pippen99's and a couple other well used Verite's at the Louisville meet yesterday, I definitely think verite needs around 300 hours to be fully burned in. The burned in headphones definitely have a maturity, liquidity, more forward nature and "pop" to the sound and resolve that a new set doesn't have. I'm a firm believer that burn in mechanical and that it's the totality of the parts working together as a whole.

Couldn't agree more Zach.

I've just crested over 150 hours a few days ago but not quite at the 200 hour mark. I'm extremely happy in it's current state and if they get better with more time it'll be the icing on the cake.

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #1,503 of 9,511
Same here!!
I remember that during first CanJam I attended (RMAF 2016), I auditioned at HiFiMAN table their entire (at the time) line, and my favorite (by far) was the HEXv2. Was quite funny how one of their reps kept urging me to try the "better" HEKv2 while the other guy whispered in my ear that HEXv2 was his favorite, too. Made me feel I am not insane :wink:

something dirty.jpg

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #1,504 of 9,511
Mar 3, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #1,505 of 9,511
The burn in stuff with Verite has been interesting for me too - with our other headphones I've found 150 hours is somewhat around the point the headphones feel liquid and effortless. The Verite I lumped into this category as some of the chassis of the driver is similar to the auteur driver, but after having to keep a few sets for shows lately, and getting to hear @pippen99's and a couple other well used Verite's at the Louisville meet yesterday, I definitely think verite needs around 300 hours to be fully burned in. The burned in headphones definitely have a maturity, liquidity, more forward nature and "pop" to the sound and resolve that a new set doesn't have. I'm a firm believer that burn in mechanical and that it's the totality of the parts working together as a whole.
Would be cool to see if the measurements change over the burn in period. 0 hour measurement, 50, 100, 150, ... 300 or something like that.

Mar 3, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #1,506 of 9,511
Would be cool to see if the measurements change over the burn in period. 0 hour measurement, 50, 100, 150, ... 300 or something like that.

I think measurements before n after will be quite similar... As the drivers still got same response but main differences will be tonality, transition, timing, spatial, attack etc most of which can't see from the graphs

Mar 3, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,508 of 9,511
I think measurements before n after will be quite similar... As the drivers still got same response but main differences will be tonality, transition, timing, spatial, attack etc most of which can't see from the graphs
Ah alright.

Do you really think he has the time to do that?
I think once he is caught up from all the preorders, time could be found to document it. But as said above, it may not produce anything graph wise.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #1,509 of 9,511
Need suggestion good travel case for Verite.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #1,510 of 9,511
Maybe Email Zach and ask how much is hard cases are? I couldn't find them on his website. You know they'll fit and work well.

Mar 4, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #1,511 of 9,511
Maybe Email Zach and ask how much is hard cases are? I couldn't find them on his website. You know they'll fit and work well.

I am not living in US so I don't want to deal with import tax & duty shipping item from overseas, just for a case. If there's any 3rd party case product that fit Verite, maybe I can get one from my local shop.

Anyway, after exclusively using Universe pad, last night I install the Verite pad and wow...I definitely prefer Verite over Universe pad. Universe pad is too warm for me.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #1,512 of 9,511

All the Slappa cases fit our headphones, probably the best and easiest way to get them in a back-pack or travel bag.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 4, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #1,513 of 9,511
Got to admit I have never auditioned the LCD2C... :astonished:
Gotta try it. Maybe I will finally learn how "dark" sounds like!
Just download an EQ like Equalizer APO then make a high shelf filter around 3k and lower the gain to - 4-6dB

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #1,514 of 9,511
I don't seem to see them on the ZMF site, but are there perforated versions of the Verite pads? If not, are there plans to make them? @zach915m

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #1,515 of 9,511
I don't seem to see them on the ZMF site, but are there perforated versions of the Verite pads? If not, are there plans to make them? @zach915m

The standard Verite pads ARE perforated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back