ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 14, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #9,661 of 12,527
Yeah, agreed. The break-in on these is much more noticeable than pretty much anything else I've experienced. Likely due to the very stiff suspension used in these Be drivers (mentioned elsewhere in this thread).

It seems it's not uncommon for folks to "settle" on different pads along the way. I tried the Universe Hybrids after about 100-150 hours and didn't like them as much as the Auteurs... fast forward to now and I'm really enjoying the U Hybrids.

Feb 14, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #9,662 of 12,527
A word of advice to new ZMF VC owners.

Hook your sweet new VC up to your amp, load a weeks worth of music on your media device, hit play and put them to the side for 6 or 7 days. The break in on these is very real and takes quite some time. I am on hour 120 of break in and they continue to improve (I only listen every 20 hours of break in or so), you will likely be disappointed if you do any serious listening before the 100 hour mark.
I would also highly recommend more thorough burn I with pink noise, white noise and random noise mixed with sequenced frequency sweeps. Best readily available right now,for free, is the Tara Labs one on their site. Just download and run!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #9,664 of 12,527
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 15, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #9,666 of 12,527
Update on the crescent strap after using it for around a week:
  • On my Auteur it's PERFECT, I didn't have any issues with fit and everything was great
  • On my Verite Closed it was great, it felt like the headphones were floating on my head; however, I was missing a lot of clamping force, so I bent the headband but unfortunately I noticed it didn't seem to hold its clamp as well as the original band did, so I did what I should have done eons ago and put in the old band into my crescent strap and voila, my old clamping force is back along with the increased comfort from the new strap!
Overall now super happy with the straps!

Feb 15, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #9,671 of 12,527
Well I bit the bullet and bought a used Schiit Yggdrasil OG Analog 2 unison USB DAC from this site ($1735 shipped to me). I am hoping for a large improvement over the internal DAC in my Jotunheim 2.

If I like this the next step will be a Class A amp for my VC, gotta save for a bit first though lol

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #9,672 of 12,527
Well I bit the bullet and bought a used Schiit Yggdrasil OG Analog 2 unison USB DAC from this site ($1735 shipped to me). I am hoping for a large improvement over the internal DAC in my Jotunheim 2.

If I like this the next step will be a Class A amp for my VC, gotta save for a bit first though lol

If any of you are looking for a good Class A amp that won't break the bank, go with a RebelAmp. I stopped listening to my Feliks Elise and Pendant amp since I got it. It pairs amazingly well with my ZMF VC open and closed as well as atticus. Rebelamp + Bifrost = awesomesauce. I'm most likely selling my tube amps.

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #9,673 of 12,527
If any of you are looking for a good Class A amp that won't break the bank, go with a RebelAmp. I stopped listening to my Feliks Elise and Pendant amp since I got it. It pairs amazingly well with my ZMF VC open and closed as well as atticus. Rebelamp + Bifrost = awesomesauce. I'm most likely selling my tube amps.
Nice looking amp however I really need balanced all the way through.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #9,674 of 12,527
Speaking of balanced all the way through...

DX300 Max to Tor Audio Balanced to VC Camphor Burl... My job here is done for a while :ksc75smile:

(Except for tube rolling... that doesn't count right?)

1_SM.jpg
3_SM.jpg
2_SM.jpg

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #9,675 of 12,527
The stabilized version is more expensive, but they are beautiful looking. Is there a consensus that the stabilized sound better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back