ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 17, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #9,691 of 12,586
Gosh, I'm enjoying my VC, but it isn't a super dense wood nor burned in 200 hours. What am I doing wrong?!
You have good upstream gear, and the VC is rewarding you for it. Nothing wrong with that. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #9,692 of 12,586
I am at about the same hour mark and they sound very good but there is still a little graininess, instrument separation and black level could be noticeably better. For me I am wondering at this point if it is more related to the basic DAC in my Jotunheim 2, I will know when my new to me Yaggy OG arrives Friday!

I am also trying out the burn in recommended by jgwtriode so am hoping for some improvement after it is finished.
I bet you are hearing the limitations of the DAC inside the Jot. The VC will reveal any weak points in your system (including cables).

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #9,693 of 12,586
I bet you are hearing the limitations of the DAC inside the Jot. The VC will reveal any weak points in your system (including cables).
I have to agree with you, I believe the DAC is holding the VC back.

I run Paradigm Persona 3f with a Krell XD Class A amp and they are the same way, very revealing to any weakness in your audio chain. It took me a few years to find the right combo of equipment to get the most out of the Persona.

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #9,694 of 12,586
Ha! :o2smile:

Gosh, I'm enjoying my VC, but it isn't a super dense wood nor burned in 200 hours. What am I doing wrong?!

Nothing, I listened to mine right out of the box and enjoyed the heck out of them. They may get a tad better as things may tighten up some,but they sounded great to my ears from the word go....by the third album I was already totally hooked!

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #9,695 of 12,586
Or maybe it is what it is. The VC may be excellent, but that doesn’t mean it can walk on water? Who knows what he’s hearing, and what his expectations are, and if those expectations are something that can’t be realized.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #9,696 of 12,586
Nothing, I listened to mine right out of the box and enjoyed the heck out of them. They may get a tad better as things may tighten up some,but they sounded great to my ears from the word go....by the third album I was already totally hooked!

Yeah I liked them from the get go! Often I think it is the ears that burn in more than the gear.

This morning I am listening with some Fivre 6C5G and GEC 6AS7G, nice combination, very smooth, no graininess for me. Still running the Audial S5 DAC, my DIY DAC now lives in my stereo, not enough room on my desk for it lol.

PXL_20220217_150009024.NIGHT.jpg

Really would love to hear them on Zach's 45 amp some day. Looking forward to the that 6336 OTL pairing, maybe in a month.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #9,697 of 12,586
Yeah I liked them from the get go! Often I think it is the ears that burn in more than the gear.

This morning I am listening with some Fivre 6C5G and GEC 6AS7G, nice combination, very smooth, no graininess for me. Still running the Audial S5 DAC, my DIY DAC now lives in my stereo, not enough room on my desk for it lol.

PXL_20220217_150009024.NIGHT.jpg

Really would love to hear them on Zach's 45 amp some day. Looking forward to the that 6336 OTL pairing, maybe in a month.

That looks pretty lovely right there :)

The timbre is what does it to me with these closed cans....I love the easy to listen to house sound of all the ZMF's I have tried.

For a closed headphone these have great imaging and staging, but for me and my music it is the timbre that I love most, quite a great tone.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #9,698 of 12,586
That looks pretty lovely right there :)

The timbre is what does it to me with these closed cans....I love the easy to listen to house sound of all the ZMF's I have tried.

For a closed headphone these have great imaging and staging, but for me and my music it is the timbre that I love most, quite a great tone.

Absolutely, from a technical standpoint they are impressive, but they really nail the timbre, it's the perfect combination.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #9,699 of 12,586
Feb 17, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #9,700 of 12,586
Ladies and gents, the VC pairs exceptionally well with the Woo Audio WA8. Full size tube sound in transportable size!

P1100961.jpg

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #9,701 of 12,586
It is not the ears on the VC thats for sure. I let it go 50 hours, do a 15 or 20 minute listen then go another 50 or so. At each point they for sure were sounding better.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #9,702 of 12,586
Or maybe it is what it is. The VC may be excellent, but that doesn’t mean it can walk on water? Who knows what he’s hearing, and what his expectations are, and if those expectations are something that can’t be realized.
Expecting a similar level to what I get out of my home audio setup. Bryston BDP2/Bryston SP3 Class A preamp/Krell 5200XD Class A amp/Paradigm Persona 3f with pure beryllium tweets and midranges.

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #9,703 of 12,586
I always knew there was something fishy about you... 😉

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #9,704 of 12,586
Never said they were the end all be all, but I sure I have not heard a hint of graininess from my pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back