ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #8,131 of 12,463
Question guys, I just got a copilot pad I want to use with my VC. I can't seem to install it around the strap (beneath the metal/leather band) because there's just not enough room. I can't install it around the entire headband (metal/leather band + strap) either because that's too thick for the co-pilot.

Should I remove the strap and install the co-pilot around the metal/leather band?
If so, I know the screws that hold the strap, also tighten the inserts so the metal band is kept in place.
If I would remove the strap, will I still be able to tighten them enough to keep the metal band in place?

The best way is to remove the strap - both Co-pilots aren't meant to be used in conjunction with the strap, and yes the bolt will still hold the steel band in place without the strap. So the pilot will go over the steel band leather.

In a few weeks we will have a new "crescent band" designed just for zmf's that will replace the older leather, and has targeted cushioning to replace any need for either co pilot on a zmf.

We aren't quite done with them yet but will make an announcement and show a video on installation when they are.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #8,132 of 12,463
Sign me up for a crescent band. I'm looking at a pilot pad or co-pilot for my Rosson RAD-0 as well but don't know what will be best for fit.

Oct 21, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #8,133 of 12,463
The best way is to remove the strap - both Co-pilots aren't meant to be used in conjunction with the strap, and yes the bolt will still hold the steel band in place without the strap. So the pilot will go over the steel band leather.

In a few weeks we will have a new "crescent band" designed just for zmf's that will replace the older leather, and has targeted cushioning to replace any need for either co pilot on a zmf.

We aren't quite done with them yet but will make an announcement and show a video on installation when they are.
Looks like I'm selling my co pilot

Oct 21, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #8,134 of 12,463

Thanks for the info @zach915m, much appreciated! Will install the copilot and will checkout the crescent band once it's available!

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #8,135 of 12,463
Just when I am about to order co-pilot pad for my Verite, Zach informed me of a new headband. Talk about perfect timing!

Oct 22, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #8,136 of 12,463
Just when I am about to order co-pilot pad for my Verite, Zach informed me of a new headband. Talk about perfect timing!

Same, I was also considering co-pilot pad for my VC, but now I'll wait for the crescent.
Does anyone know if the pilot or co-pilot pads fit Audeze Penrose/Mobius? Those could really use some improved comfort.

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #8,137 of 12,463
See this post for a comparison of the pilot and copilot pads. Looking forward to the new one.

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #8,138 of 12,463
Same, I was also considering co-pilot pad for my VC, but now I'll wait for the crescent.
Does anyone know if the pilot or co-pilot pads fit Audeze Penrose/Mobius? Those could really use some improved comfort.
I still have a Mobius here, will check the fit today with my copilot

EDIT: Doesn't fit at all, the Mobius headband is too thick..'
20211022_091009.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #8,139 of 12,463
Sign me up for a crescent band. I'm looking at a pilot pad or co-pilot for my Rosson RAD-0 as well but don't know what will be best for fit.
The co-pilot works better on the Rad-0, as the top and bottom completely seperate, you can attach it and it fits and looks like an original design.

The pilot pad only opens on one side, and its a bit tight, so when you velcro it together, its crinkled at the ends, it still works, but doesn't look as seemless.

Attached a photo of it with the co-pilot, bad photo but they appeared in the background of a photo I took and cropped in a bit.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-22 at 11.16.48.jpeg

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #8,140 of 12,463
I still have a Mobius here, will check the fit today with my copilot

EDIT: Doesn't fit at all, the Mobius headband is too thick..'
20211022_091009.jpg

Good to know, thanks! Upcoming Crescent pad for the VC it is, then.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #8,141 of 12,463
Spent a bit of time comparing the pads included with the stabilised tonight, Autuer, Universe and BE2 lambskin. Definitely enjoy the Auteur lambskin the most, subbass is a dream. Also spent a time tinkering with the AutoEQ based on Crin's measurements. I know this is probably considered sacrilege around these parts... but I love having options depending on the genre I'm cranking. Stock tonality is a dream for any live performance that includes plenty of reverb already, it just pumps that to 11.
All measurements from EARS... All measurements above 4k are less reliable. 5k is a known issue on EARS, disregard that droop completely.

Attachments

• VC EQ Pad comparison.png
    VC EQ Pad comparison.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • VC Pad comparison.png
    VC Pad comparison.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #8,142 of 12,463
Spent a bit of time comparing the pads included with the stabilised tonight, Autuer, Universe and BE2 lambskin. Definitely enjoy the Auteur lambskin the most, subbass is a dream. Also spent a time tinkering with the AutoEQ based on Crin's measurements. I know this is probably considered sacrilege around these parts... but I love having options depending on the genre I'm cranking. Stock tonality is a dream for any live performance that includes plenty of reverb already, it just pumps that to 11.
All measurements from EARS... All measurements above 4k are less reliable. 5k is a known issue on EARS, disregard that droop completely.

Cool! Would love to see where the Auteur Hybrids falls in these measurements.

I know that Zach is working on getting pad measurements up and I hope it's soon...there's not enough info for the VCs with different pad options out there.

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #8,145 of 12,463
Listening to my VC for quite some time now...always when I come back to my Aeolus I find myself enjoying music rather than analysing my whole audio chain with the VC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back