ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,572 of 12,524
Its worth noting that I wear very thin wire frames,much to my wife's chagrin. She prefers the thicker framed glasses on me,but I chose the thinnest wired frames specifically for headphone use,so YMMV.
You'd look great in these (and make the wife happy!): :wink:

1599602499630.png

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #3,573 of 12,524
You'd look great in these (and make the wife happy!): :wink:

thats the exact look she would prefer on me,but she knows how important quality sound is to me,so she no longer pushes the topic.

EDIT: to add to this,Ive never tried thick framed glasses with headphones before,so they might actually be entirely fine. My glasses are stupid expensive so I just stick with what is tried and true.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #3,575 of 12,524
Sep 8, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #3,576 of 12,524
Slither on man. Nothing to see here.
Oh contraire

Though on this last one im not sure theyre actually referencing a literal reptile :smile:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #3,579 of 12,524
Sep 8, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,580 of 12,524
Update: These headphones continue to impress me and if the source material is good enough they blow me away. They sound consistently spectacular. I'm using is a Lenovo computer with a USB output to an Arcam irdac, through a Parasound R/EQ-150 equalizer (it's always on bypass, so maybe I should delete it from the chain, but I haven't) through a MicroZOTL 2 amplifier with its original (switching, entry level) power supply to the Verite Closed in desert ironwood. I have upgraded to the 2K copper cable but it already sounded spectacular with Zach's stock cable. It's just awesome to see a small (but growing :grinning:) company come up with such a world class product and do so at a price point that's below many headphones that don't sound as good. Josh Mound, in his epic review posted on audiophilestyle.com, says this:

"To say that I came away from my time with the two Vérité impressed would be an understatement. Judged purely on sound, they’re as good as anything on the market today. Factoring in price, ZMF’s industry-leading warranty, and the artisanal nature of the headphones, what Mehrbach and ZMF have achieved with the Vérité is truly remarkable."

I knew Zach was talented back in 2015 when I first listened to his headphones at a meet in Chicago. But he's so down to earth, unassuming, and modest that (for me at least) it can be easy to forget he's so brilliant. I see these headphones as a remarkable achievement. Others have used that word as well. To my listening they're approaching sonic perfection.

Here's a great song to listen to by Chris Smither: Drive you home again.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #3,581 of 12,524
Oh contraire

Though on this last one im not sure theyre actually referencing a literal reptile :smile:

Last one is the best, featuring snakes and tubes! :laughing:

Sep 9, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #3,583 of 12,524
Any opinion on which is better? Pilot or Co-Pilot? Will either and/or both work on the Verites?

Update. I now (temporarily) have both the pilot pad and the co-pilot pad. I already had the pilot pad for an Abyss headband modification, and wanted to see if the co-pilot pad would be better for that. It is not. I will continue to use the pilot pad with the Abyss, at least until I have tried the new Abyss headband.

I do not have any comfort issues with the VC, and therefore I will not be using either of the pads with it. With the VC, I think the pads take away from the looks, while solving a non-existing problem (for me).

But for those who are considering these, I just tried to fit them onto the VC. My observations. First of all, you really have to remove the leather strap. Second, both will fit, but both require some pulling and squeezing to get it right. The co-pilot might fit a little better due to its width, but the difference in ease of application is smaller than I had thought. The co-pilot pad looks a lot wider, but actually, the area where the headband will fit, either between the velcro strips (co-pilot) or next to it (pilot), is not that much wider. The main difference is that the co-pilot pad has strips on both sides, which allows for a more centered headband.

Pads1.jpg
Pads2.jpg

The final difference is the padding. For me, the pilot pad wins easily here. While the co-pilot pad has two areas/nuggets that are thicker, the entire underside of the pilot pad is considerably thicker than those nuggets, more cushiony. The co-pilot pad has almost more padding on its top-side (where it is not needed). I guess you could reverse it, but then you would have two mini horns on your head .. :)

Pads3.jpg
Pads4.jpg

I hope this helps. I think both can be very useful products, whereby the pilot pad has superior padding and would therefore be my pick, unless you a) have a very wide headband you need to fit it around, or b) you care a lot about the centered positioning of the headband.

(In the end, I will not be needing the co-pilot pad, and my dealer has kindly agreed to take it back.)

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #3,584 of 12,524
Update. I now (temporarily) have both the pilot pad and the co-pilot pad. I already had the pilot pad for an Abyss headband modification, and wanted to see if the co-pilot pad would be better for that. It is not. I will continue to use the pilot pad with the Abyss, at least until I have tried the new Abyss headband.

I do not have any comfort issues with the VC, and therefore I will not be using either of the pads with it. With the VC, I think the pads take away from the looks, while solving a non-existing problem (for me).

But for those who are considering these, I just tried to fit them onto the VC. My observations. First of all, you really have to remove the leather strap. Second, both will fit, but both require some pulling and squeezing to get it right. The co-pilot might fit a little better due to its width, but the difference in ease of application is smaller than I had thought. The co-pilot pad looks a lot wider, but actually, the area where the headband will fit, either between the velcro strips (co-pilot) or next to it (pilot), is not that much wider. The main difference is that the co-pilot pad has strips on both sides, which allows for a more centered headband.

Pads1.jpgPads2.jpg

The final difference is the padding. For me, the pilot pad wins easily here. While the co-pilot pad has two areas/nuggets that are thicker, the entire underside of the pilot pad is considerably thicker than those nuggets, more cushiony. The co-pilot pad has almost more padding on its top-side (where it is not needed). I guess you could reverse it, but then you would have two mini horns on your head .. :)

Pads3.jpgPads4.jpg

I hope this helps. I think can both be very useful products, whereby the pilot pad has superior padding and would therefore be my pick, unless you a) have a very wide headband you need to fit it around, or b) you care a lot about the centered positioning of the headband.

(In the end, I will not be needing the co-pilot pad, and my dealer has kindly agreed to take it back.)

Thanks for the info and the pics.
I already have a pilot pad and have ordered a co-pilot so I will have both. I
I doubt I will have any issues with stock headband on the VC, but if so I will have the co-pilot on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back