ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 8, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #3,556 of 12,549
Hi. Im thinking about buying a verite closed to use with a hugo2. I currently own hd650, cascades, th900, audeze sine, wp900, he400i, oppo pm3, b&o h6 but I'm thinking of getting 1 top headphone and then probably call it a day for a few years. I listen to metal, electronic, jazz, classical and hip hop, would these be a good comfortable can for hours of home working everyday?
I have just obtained them and have been using them with 2Go/Hugo2 as well as Mscaler/Dave and Mscaler/Dave/AIC-10. I have spent several days with them on all day, with no discomfort. They sit comfortably, with pressure evenly distributed across the top of my head. Clamping force is moderate to low - I am sensitive to clamping force, and there has been no issue on that front.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #3,557 of 12,549
Clamping force is moderate to low - I am sensitive to clamping force, and there has been no issue on that front.

Just to build on what Mikey99 has shared, you can also adjust the clamping force by bending the headband where it meets the chassis. Zach goes over it in his headband bending video on YouTube-- just search for "ZMF Headband Bending (New)" and fast forward to time stamp 7:19. Make sure your rod positioning is as low as possible, though.

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #3,558 of 12,549
I have just obtained them and have been using them with 2Go/Hugo2 as well as Mscaler/Dave and Mscaler/Dave/AIC-10. I have spent several days with them on all day, with no discomfort. They sit comfortably, with pressure evenly distributed across the top of my head. Clamping force is moderate to low - I am sensitive to clamping force, and there has been no issue on that front.

Do you wear glasses? Just checking since I read somewhere that the VC is not the optimal headphone for people with 🤓

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #3,560 of 12,549
Do you wear glasses? Just checking since I read somewhere that the VC is not the optimal headphone for people with 🤓
I don’t normally wear glasses. I just tried them with a pair on, it seemed fine, at least for the short period I had them on.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #3,562 of 12,549
I wear glasses when listening and have zero issues.

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #3,564 of 12,549
Hi. Im thinking about buying a verite closed to use with a hugo2. I currently own hd650, cascades, th900, audeze sine, wp900, he400i, oppo pm3, b&o h6 but I'm thinking of getting 1 top headphone and then probably call it a day for a few years. I listen to metal, electronic, jazz, classical and hip hop, would these be a good comfortable can for hours of home working everyday?

I have the Leopardwood VC (also paired up with a Hugo 2 when not using tubes). I find it fine for hours of home working and is a great setup. I listen to quite a few of the same genres you mention too. :)

Sep 8, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #3,565 of 12,549
My VC is coming soon, but with my other ZMFs I find the pairing with the Hugo 2 pretty great, including the Verite Open. The heaviest ones I've owned I've had no problem wearing them for several hours at a time.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #3,567 of 12,549
I wear glasses when listening and have zero issues.
I wear glasses and don't notice a difference, either (but mine have a thin frame).

Thanks guys, good to know. My frame is rather wide and thick, so I am not sure if this applies to me as well, but that is very encouraging.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #3,568 of 12,549
Thanks guys, good to know. My frame is rather wide and thick, so I am not sure if this applies to me as well, but that is very encouraging.
Its worth noting that I wear very thin wire frames,much to my wife's chagrin. She prefers the thicker framed glasses on me,but I chose the thinnest wired frames specifically for headphone use,so YMMV.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #3,569 of 12,549

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back