ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 25, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #12,541 of 12,586
Thank you! I have to check the BE2 (lamb and also suedes) :)
Zach recommended BE2 lambskin for Blackwood VC, I have Ironwood. I am curious.
I’d imagine Blackwood and Ironwood would be pretty similar hardness. Mine are stabilized Maple, so a softer wood but I believe the stabilization is supposed to make it denser/harder.

May 26, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #12,542 of 12,586
I couldn’t help myself… they look amazing and fit like they were made for me! So great!

IMG_3780.jpeg
IMG_3777.jpeg

May 26, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #12,543 of 12,586
I couldn’t help myself… they look amazing and fit like they were made for me! So great!

IMG_3780.jpegIMG_3777.jpeg
Those are gorgeous. I love the burl and that golden glow on the stain.

May 26, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #12,544 of 12,586
Have a couple of solid and hybrid pads between my 2 VCs now, but you got me curious about these Be2 Suedes…

I actually like the sound I get with the solids (and regular mesh), but not quite sure if I’m rocking the Uni Lamb (it’s those if I didn’t mix them up), the BE2 Lamb or the Auteur Lamb 🤓

What’s the best way to pick them apart?
(really not sure from the photos)

May 26, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #12,545 of 12,586
Have a couple of solid and hybrid pads between my 2 VCs now, but you got me curious about these Be2 Suedes…

I actually like the sound I get with the solids (and regular mesh), but not quite sure if I’m rocking the Uni Lamb (it’s those if I didn’t mix them up), the BE2 Lamb or the Auteur Lamb 🤓

What’s the best way to pick them apart?
(really not sure from the photos)
The Universe pads are more flat. The Auteur and Be2 pads both have thicker areas in the back for more of an angle for the driver.

The Auteur pads are overall thicker than the Be2 pads.

As far as keeping them straight I just keep them in the little labeled ziploc bags Zach ships them in when it’s not the pair I have on the headphones at the time. That way I can see which is which and they don’t all get mixed up.

May 26, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #12,546 of 12,586

IMG_3780.jpegIMG_3777.jpeg
Those are spectacular! Congratulations- that’s one of the directions I could go with the CC, depending on availability (the other: Red Burl or Cocobolo…).

May 26, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #12,547 of 12,586
As far as keeping them straight I just keep them in the little labeled ziploc bags Zach ships them in when it’s not the pair I have on the headphones at the time. That way I can see which is which and they don’t all get mixed up.
These pouches are definitely on the list when I order the next batch from ZMF. I have several pads here that came unlabeled, so will be taking some side-by-side pics this week and inquire again here for identification, then label them and keep them strictly separated :spy:

Next to the Be2 Suedes, I wanted to upgrade my HD820 with a Crescent Snap and was even thinking to get one of those nifty Grado adapters (for $5) to see if I can upgrade the (terrible) fit of my Hemp and GH2 pads with the ZMF pads as well before I resort to more expensive measures (like Beautiful Audio et al.)

May 26, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #12,548 of 12,586
Those are gorgeous. I love the burl and that golden glow on the stain.

Those are spectacular! Congratulations- that’s one of the directions I could go with the CC, depending on availability (the other: Red Burl or Cocobolo…).
Thanks, guys! When these got offered up by a local seller, I just couldn't resist as I was basically just decided that I was gonna keep my VC (Koa), despite the temptation of the AC and CC, then thought, why not keep (get) a VC that's even better :)

May 26, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #12,549 of 12,586
These pouches are definitely on the list when I order the next batch from ZMF. I have several pads here that came unlabeled, so will be taking some side-by-side pics this week and inquire again here for identification, then label them and keep them strictly separated :spy:

Next to the Be2 Suedes, I wanted to upgrade my HD820 with a Crescent Snap and was even thinking to get one of those nifty Grado adapters (for $5) to see if I can upgrade the (terrible) fit of my Hemp and GH2 pads with the ZMF pads as well before I resort to more expensive measures (like Beautiful Audio et al.)
I bought the Grado adapters and the ZMF Beyer pads for my PS1000e set. Comfort went up a ton, and there’s maybe a little more bass, but those headphones just don’t do deep bass at all.

I’ve considered the Beauriful Audio stuff but yes, it’s pricey.

Jun 1, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #12,551 of 12,586
Can any owners give comparisons of VC vs AC especially with regards to bass? I'm wondering if purchasing an AC is worth it vs just being satisfied with my vc and getting a better dac.
[To my ears/with my gear]

The VC is more subdued in the bass, and only digs deep into the sub-bass with certain gear. Even then it is more neutral overall than the AC, which has an overall warmer tone with more mid-bass and sub-bass presence.

It really depends on what types of music you listen to. In my mind the VC is a master at rendering acoustic instruments and vocals, and the AC is the “fun” (yet fairly resolving) headphone that excels at pop, rock, and other amplified music-especially with strong sub-bass.

They are both fantastic headphones, and complement each other.

If you tend to listen mostly to jazz, bluegrass, folk, and other acoustically-oriented music, you already have a great fit. If you enjoy bass, whether as part of rock, pop, EDM, reggae, funk, or otherwise- the AC is for you.

I recommend doing some extensive reading in the AC thread, as well as reviews. From my perspective the two headphones are an exceptional one-two punch. And especially with tubes! 😁

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #12,552 of 12,586
The Universe pads are more flat. The Auteur and Be2 pads both have thicker areas in the back for more of an angle for the driver.

The Auteur pads are overall thicker than the Be2 pads.
I took this topic over to the „All things ZMF“ thread as I guess this will be a common issue across models… Still unable to tell them apart 😅

Jun 3, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #12,553 of 12,586
Can any owners give comparisons of VC vs AC especially with regards to bass? I'm wondering if purchasing an AC is worth it vs just being satisfied with my vc and getting a better dac.

If i was you, of course upgrade the DAC. VC scales well.

Jun 6, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #12,554 of 12,586
Jun 6, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #12,555 of 12,586
Hello all, I couldn't find this specific pad roll comparison (with positive remarks, anyway lol), so I thought I would reach out.

I currently have Auteur Hybrid, Eikon Suede, Auteur Protein, and (I believe?) Verite Protein pads (very shallow, almost flat). Of the four, I prefer the Eikon Suede pads. The Auteur Hybrids had a lot of positive qualities but I found them a little too bloomy and perhaps a little honky in the midrange. The Eikon Suede pads have a pleasant dryness in the midrange that speaks to me.

Has anyone who liked the Eikon Suede compared it to the Auteur Suede and is able to share thoughts? Given that the two pads are very similar but for pad opening size, I am hoping they're tonally identically with a larger image on the Auteur pads (as I did notice a taller image on the other Auteur pads I have).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back